Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do loved ones in Spirit visit our dreams
24-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Do loved ones in Spirit visit our dreams
Has anyone read this one in the Mirror http://www.mirror.co.uk/life-style/psych...-23366867/ It's interesting that Sally believes our passed on loved ones visit us in our dreams. Does anyone else agree with this or has anyone actually experienced anything like it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2011, 11:24 AM
RE: Do loved ones in Spirit visit our dreams
WOW! Muffins that is far out. But are you sure you didn't just mishear something on your iPod? This has happened to me before. I'd like to say I believe all this visiting in dreams to be true, but you see, dreams are just dreams after all aren't they and they're a product of our unconscious mind. We're bound to be thinking about our passed on loved ones in the back of our minds somewhere aren't we? I don't really think that this means they're visiting us.

I really, really would like to believe this. Smile
25-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Without a shadow of doubt. I've had LOADS of experience in this area. But two in particular. The first was when my mother came to me the morning I woke up to discover I was having a miscarriage. I have often dreamed of mam...but they're normally uncomfortable nightmare sorts. This was different. She was dressed all in white...her hair had grown and she was elevated..like as if she was floating. She had an incredibly radiant white light around her, she reached out her arms to me and apologized for not being a good mother and she couldn't be there for me, but she will take care of my baby. I remember it now as if it just happened. I woke up and checked myself straight away...then obviously found out I was miscarrying.

Then the night my dad died, I dreamed I was in our kitchen. I heard a piano playing out in the hall. I went to investigate and there was my sisters white piano and the keys were moving up and down. I asked "who's there" and the piano playing stopped. I said "Is that you Dad" and the playing started again, then stopped. I said "are you ok" and the playing started then stopped" I said " are with mammy" the playing again started and stopped I said "are you happy" an the playing started again and stopped. I said " I can't see you dad, but I'm going to reach out and hug you...then he appeared in my arms. Again I remember this as if it just happened. The music was his way to communicate and answer my questions. My sister has since given me the piano to put in my hall.

So without a doubt in the world, they come to us in our dreams xxx
29-08-2011, 11:02 AM
That's a really nice story; really it is. But I still don't buy the whole coming to us in our dreams thing when dreams are a product of our unconsious mind. We dream about things that are on our mind and as much as I'd like to believe (and I would really like to believe because I've had similar experiences myself) I can't help but think it's just what we want to believe.
29-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Doesn't 'Psychic' come from the unconscious/subconscious mind? Or am I dreaming that up??
29-08-2011, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2011 02:01 PM by Eridanus.)
Ahhh ok. That's ok then. I was worried that I had mis-understood that a psychic has to clear their waking mind, of all it clutter, taking it down to one of these levels to allow the information to come in.

So that's what can happen in your dreams, spirit tap into your mind at level that isn't marred by everyday clutter. The easiest way for them to talk to you is in your dreams.

A psychic giving a reading, will have achieved something similar through meditation! Dreams occur in that half sleep state, not a deep sleep and so the mind is at the required level.

This is all too much for a Monday morning.
29-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Well, I'm a little 'psychic' aware myself...and these were not dreams...they were visitations. Believe what you will though Smile
29-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Saw this and thought I would add it here:

How to Recognize True Intuition

To recognize the kind of feeling that indicates true guidance, look for three qualities: calmness, clarity, and joy. Intuition is always based in a deep sense of calmness and detachment. When you’re trying to tune in to the superconscious mind, ask yourself if the guidance you’ve received makes you feel excited or restless. If so, then it’s safe to assume that you’re just going along with your own desires. Try to associate true guidance with a sense of calm acceptance. When you’ve received an answer rather than thinking, “Yes, YES, YESS!”, your attitude should be, “Whatever is, is. It doesn’t touch me personally.”

You'll experience a certain power with inner calmness, but it’s also very steady. If you find yourself jumping up and down in an agitated state, thinking, “Oh boy! I got this guidance. It’s just great!!” then it’s probably worth questioning.

The second thing to associate with true intuition is a sense of clarity. If you’re visualizing different alternatives, or if guidance comes to you in a dream, it’s important to distinguish between subconscious and superconscious influences. Subconscious images tend to have a certain obscurity or cloudiness to them, and the colors appear dim or muddy. These signs indicate projections of the subconscious mind and shouldn’t be trusted. In superconscious experiences, the colors will be bright, pure, and brilliant, and the images filled with clarity or radiance. The clarity of colors and images are strong signs that you’ve tuned in to true intuition.

Finally, look for a sense of inner joy. The basis of this kind of joy should be calmness and deep impartiality. If it makes you feel emotionally excited, then it probably only reflects the temporary happiness that comes when our desires are fulfilled. True guidance should have a joy that takes you inside rather than outside of yourself. Like a current of energy, this kind of joy should take your consciousness inward and upward — not inward in the sense of self-congratulation, but upward with a sense of soaring freedom.

In developing your ability to recognize intuition, it’s important to test your guidance over a period of time. Unless you have no choice, don’t make big decisions on the strength of intuition. It’s better to begin with small decisions, and continually test your ability. You'll begin noticing that when a certain feeling comes, and you follow it, things work out well. Then there’s a different feeling, less calm or clear. At first you may think it’s got to be right, but over time you'll come to recognize this feeling as false guidance. Gradually you'll come to understand the difference from your own experience. You may not be able to explain to others how you know, but when you learn to recognize true guidance, it cannot fail you.

Another way to recognize intuition is to act it out and watch your reactions as you go. If you’re doing the right thing, your inner feeling will gradually come stronger and clearer as you act. If you have no guidance at all, sometimes it better just to start anyway, because often any action is better than none at all. But don’t presume — take small steps. You'll find by doing a little, the energy starts to flow. As this happens, the guidance gradually comes into focus.
29-08-2011, 05:58 PM
(29-08-2011 04:27 PM)Eridanus Wrote:  Saw this and thought I would add it here:

How to Recognize True Intuition

To recognize the kind of feeling that indicates true guidance, look for three qualities: calmness, clarity, and joy. Intuition is always based in a deep sense of calmness and detachment. When you’re trying to tune in to the superconscious mind, ask yourself if the guidance you’ve received makes you feel excited or restless. If so, then it’s safe to assume that you’re just going along with your own desires. Try to associate true guidance with a sense of calm acceptance. When you’ve received an answer rather than thinking, “Yes, YES, YESS!”, your attitude should be, “Whatever is, is. It doesn’t touch me personally.”

You'll experience a certain power with inner calmness, but it’s also very steady. If you find yourself jumping up and down in an agitated state, thinking, “Oh boy! I got this guidance. It’s just great!!” then it’s probably worth questioning.

The second thing to associate with true intuition is a sense of clarity. If you’re visualizing different alternatives, or if guidance comes to you in a dream, it’s important to distinguish between subconscious and superconscious influences. Subconscious images tend to have a certain obscurity or cloudiness to them, and the colors appear dim or muddy. These signs indicate projections of the subconscious mind and shouldn’t be trusted. In superconscious experiences, the colors will be bright, pure, and brilliant, and the images filled with clarity or radiance. The clarity of colors and images are strong signs that you’ve tuned in to true intuition.

Finally, look for a sense of inner joy. The basis of this kind of joy should be calmness and deep impartiality. If it makes you feel emotionally excited, then it probably only reflects the temporary happiness that comes when our desires are fulfilled. True guidance should have a joy that takes you inside rather than outside of yourself. Like a current of energy, this kind of joy should take your consciousness inward and upward — not inward in the sense of self-congratulation, but upward with a sense of soaring freedom.

In developing your ability to recognize intuition, it’s important to test your guidance over a period of time. Unless you have no choice, don’t make big decisions on the strength of intuition. It’s better to begin with small decisions, and continually test your ability. You'll begin noticing that when a certain feeling comes, and you follow it, things work out well. Then there’s a different feeling, less calm or clear. At first you may think it’s got to be right, but over time you'll come to recognize this feeling as false guidance. Gradually you'll come to understand the difference from your own experience. You may not be able to explain to others how you know, but when you learn to recognize true guidance, it cannot fail you.

Another way to recognize intuition is to act it out and watch your reactions as you go. If you’re doing the right thing, your inner feeling will gradually come stronger and clearer as you act. If you have no guidance at all, sometimes it better just to start anyway, because often any action is better than none at all. But don’t presume — take small steps. You'll find by doing a little, the energy starts to flow. As this happens, the guidance gradually comes into focus.

Great piece of guidance thanks Eridanus. Yes I felt super calm and detached from both experiences and other ones and like I said with the first dream of my mother the colors were very vivid and beautifully bright. I woke up happy, but not elated. I felt free....except obviously when I found out what was happening....as with my Dad's visit, I felt incredibly calm and free after that. But I remember these encounters very vividly even to this day and its 6 and 5 years later. Normally, normal dreams don't stay in your memory..but I remember everything and every detail as if they happened last night.
29-08-2011, 08:01 PM
I would definetely say yes to this. My Dad has come to me and my sister in the exact same dream a few months apart where we were sitting in the passenger seat of his car, we both looked at him in shock and said "But Dad...you died", and he matter of factly said "No I didn't" to the both of us. I told my sister about this a few days after it happened, and that's when she told me she had the same dream a few months before.

"So close, no matter how far...couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trust in who we are...and Nothing Else Matters"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  David Traynor Spirit Medium psychicdoglover 1 327 18-03-2017 05:59 PM
Last Post: Humphrey Pumphrey
  The spirit of a young girl who died from cancer performed Kylie Minogue’s hit song dormammu 0 331 11-01-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  Do these stories prove dead loved ones come back to comfort us? Mediums Now 0 299 29-11-2015 09:52 PM
Last Post: Mediums Now
  'Kate Middleton is having a girl on Saturday' spirit of Princess Diana tells clairvoy drstrange 0 618 20-04-2015 01:51 PM
Last Post: drstrange
  Spirit Guides Psychicfamily 39 8,223 19-05-2014 12:58 AM
Last Post: lizcancer girl
  Readers we have 'loved' Pomegranategirl 8 1,757 14-04-2014 10:37 AM
Last Post: curious2
  Spirit or something else? Sidney 9 2,392 27-09-2013 01:23 PM
Last Post: Hangingpants
  Soul and Spirit Awards drstrange 0 666 28-06-2013 04:25 PM
Last Post: drstrange
  help with getting in touch with your spirit guides? browneyes 5 1,368 19-01-2013 10:36 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden
  Dreams Dream Catcher 1 1,770 11-08-2012 04:42 PM
Last Post: Dream Catcher