Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Readings and the work we do in between
05-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Readings and the work we do in between
This thread has been inspired by other threads. Sometimes I read, that people mention that they do 'work' between readings, either to 'grow' and or to aid the outcome of their specific situation. So, I was curious, to explore the different aspects of what this might mean.

For example; I have worked a little with Sally Love and through I have some mixed feelings about her as a psychic, I did find her approach interesting. Her approach, was to look at the clearing, the gardening perhaps of the soul..and to continually write out for a number of days, all thoughts and connections to the issue she picked up, that could be blocking the way forward. I do find this helps, and then to put more positive mapping in through affirmations which counteract the negative patterns.

Some psychics, talk of meditations to release something, or to imagine it in a positive healing way.

My point, perhaps is that this forum talks alot about predictions but also brings into play where our own responsibility and part within a reading takes a role. So, yes i would like to know your thoughts and experiences.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2011, 10:04 PM
RE: Readings and the work we do in between
Finding a sense of balance, I’m now less likely to jump the gun and do something daft that can escalate a personal situation. The ability take a step back and think about things from all sides before acting*

*This doesn’t apply to WI Tongue
06-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Ha ha yes me too!

I've found that I can go off at the deep end and do what I call a Jackson Pollock on my life or relationship..but through listening to psychics and watching the show, I've learnt..I am learning! not to assume a situation and therefore, not to throw emotion at it in kaos. To try a more gentle approach which has an under currant of faith..when I do feel like I'm about to create a mess I do pick up the phone to a psychic..!

Eridanus this thread was partly inspired by you as I think you do refer to the work in between readings
06-09-2011, 01:33 PM
one of the things I personally do after I have had a reading is to work out what it is I actually want. The last reading I had was more a career based reading and the reading itself didn't tell me anything I didn't know already because I know what I am meant to be doing, I am just not motivating myself. The reader could only tell me so much because ultimately the person blocking me from moving forward was me, and in reality, only I could work out why. (which I *think* I have done now).

Quite a while ago I had a relationship reading. I have also been trying to cosmic order myself the type of man and relationship I want. And I couldn't understand why the blokes coming in were men that ticked all the boxes but there was still something not right. So again it was about me going back and reviewing what it was I was asking for and looking at what was missing in my very specific list. In reality I really didn't need a psychic to point this out to me as it was an obvious thing. I have only ever text psychic TV twice, and the first time it was a reader called Sophie I think who answered my text and she said I would meet someone around the October time. I never hold readers to time scales and predictions as I know we as people can change the outcomes by either not doing the work needed or changing direction in our life. So Since then I have been really trying to work out what the missing components are in the cosmic ordering. Which is not an easy task as my list is quite long already and I thought I covered everything ha ha!!

I think sometimes people can expect to much from readings, without always realising that the work to get us what we want has to come from us. If I know I am blocking something I tend to try and work through it in a variety of ways. I do things like chakra work and such like, as well as sit and write about where I want to be in my life and why I am not quite there yet. I tend to go for readings when I need guidance and am feeling blocked, and I probably waste my money as they only confirm what I know already ha ha!!

I am working on a life Journal as well. These are actually really good as you simply write about your whole life from the day you were born until the present day and then looking at patterns you repeat, working through the mistakes you made yourself, the unresolved emotions from experiences, it also gives you a chance to look at all the relationships in your past... from family relationships to friends and partners and to really see what work you need to do in the now. It also helps you understand why you react in certain ways, why you have made certain mistakes in your present, why relationships may not have worked out, what you learnt from each experience, as well as how much you have grown as a person etc etc.

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
06-09-2011, 02:07 PM
This is interesting. And when and if you go to readers do you go to people like Adam, Patsy for example who seem to attack things at root level? because i find the work we are doing can also correspond to our choice of psychics..
I initially did a great deal of work..almost to turn myself inside out to be a clearer version of myself and it has transformed my life..for the better..a real reflection shining back! Now, I call Annie when I'm all steamed up and her voice alone slows me down!
And I'm working with a business mentor and listening to the psychics about the power of positivity in thought and particularly in the way we communicate and I have found this too transformational ..
06-09-2011, 02:24 PM
To be honest I can't remember who was on the day I sent the text in and got Sophie who is/was one of the web cam readers. I remember being disappointed at first about not getting the studio psychic but she was amazing in the little time frame and was bang on the money with how I was feeling and despite the fact I hadn't given my star sign, picked up on water and linked that to a star sign (I am scorpio).

The second one I sent in was about a guy i had got friendly with, and the psychic was wrong on what he said. But essentially there may have been this great connection had I let it happen so he may not have been in reality wrong. But I never take what I am told as law.

Angel Sirius is a good guidance reader. I have had readings off her in the past before she started working for psychic TV and if guidance is what a person needs she is brilliant at psychic and intuitive guidance.

I have two psychics I use who are not working with psychic Tv but do phone readers. One is a medium and the other is a good old fashioned psychic tarot reader. The psychic tarot reader is amazing because I have sat and argued things with her that have later happened.

I think its a hard one isn't it as the choice of reader will impact the type of reading you get. And sometimes it is not that the reader is essentially wrong or given you the wrong advice which ultimately can make a person second guess all the hard work they have been doing, its just they have perhaps interpreted the information they are getting slightly differently, or presented it to you in a different way. And also, its how we as people interpret the readings ourselves. Also there is going for too many readings in a short space of time, which I have done myself in the past. And this can make things confusing as the advice can differ, and ultimately we are then unsure what we should do next.

One of the readers I love to watch on psychic TV is Hazel Lee, and I am one day going to try and get a reading with her as she is so down to earth and that is what I like in a reader. Someone who is going to give it to me straight as opposed to try and sugar coat over things for me.

I am a great believer in positive thought. I was researching cosmic ordering for an article I was planning to write as part of a course I am doing and learnt so much about how we need to change our basic thought process. I have always done things like angel letters and such like and have always believed in asking.... but I realised I was counteracting what I was asking with negative thoughts and in turn not attracting it. And that as a big thing I have had to work on. Since doing the work, I have felt so much better and I have noticed so many positive changes... the idea of changing inwardly in order to change things externally is so true.

Maybe you need to find that one psychic who is not only able to give you the right advice when needed, but who is able to work in harmony with the things you are doing to make things happen in your life, so that the in between work you do between readings is all consistent (if that makes sense)?

06-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Oh I see..the work I did orginaly is done for the moment..and Sally Love worked in a similar way when I needed a booster..but I have found Annie's advice to be very real..compassionate and human and that has helped me massively in terms of my relationship and with friendships. But sometimes I like to listen to the psychics on Tv as it will trigger a thought and a different way of looking at things..so that I don't get stuck!

Lee is very big on cosmic ordering..
06-09-2011, 02:45 PM
That's why I tune into psychic TV sometimes in the evenings.... because they will say something that really hits home about my own situation, or about work I am doing and such like.

Hazel lee is probably my favourite psychic there. I love watching her.

With the work we do, there are times we have to go back to the past in order to work through what is going on in the now... and I have had to do a lot of that. And over the years it has been through having readings that has made me realise the work I still need to do. I suffer with head in the sand syndrome sometimes when it comes to working through things.

if a reader gives things to me straight, I can go away and work on what I need to work on. At the minute it is me blocking me... and I could go for fifty readings it would be the same. And it has been through the last reading I had, that I was able to see that I was blocking myself, that I was trying to take myself down a direction I didn't want to go down simply because it was easier, as opposed to go where I want to go, and face a few fears. Deep down I knew that, but sometimes we all need readings to really help us focus and to do the work needed in our lives to really move forward in all areas. And that for me was one of those times. :-)

06-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Not relevant to the original question, but just want to say I LOVE Hazel Lee! I always watch her when shes on, and Ive spoken to her once, and when I got through she told me I was a brave woman for calling her haha! She was shouting at me a lot during the reading, telling me that my ex is coming back. Wasnt sure what to make of it really but she spent a lot of the call talking about one of his friends who she said was a bad egg and she was getting really wound up about him! I enjoyed talking to her a lot.

I guess the work I need to try and do is to stop being so over emotional and play my situation a bit cooler. Easier said than done as this is the complete opposite of my personality.
07-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Great question!

Thanks to this board I am now taking a more proactive approach to my future, instead of relying on psychic readings to direct my future (or not!).

I'm getting a reading from John next week and am using this as motivation to push forward some goals I have instead of procrastinating on them. This way I believe the actual energy around the situation will be moved forward, rather than him tuning into "intention" energy, if that makes sense. I'm using more cosmic ordering and deciding what it is that I really want and putting a plan together to make it happen. I can do this for work but as for relationships, I'm giving up on that until at least the new year as I know deep down that unless I get this bit of my life sorted, I won't attract the man of my dreams, just the one of nightmares!