Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Book recommendation!!
13-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Book recommendation!!
The street smart psychic by Lisa Barretta

I bought this book this morning and havent put it down all day and have just finished it! I think most people here will love it as much as I did.

Its written by a woman who is a psychic herself, but also a psychic 'junkie'. she talks about everything, types of clients, types of readers, psychic addiction, all of her experiences, its really really good, and i learnt so much from reading it, and bits of it rang true! Its also good for seeing things from the psychics point of view, and how they think about us, and tells you how to get the best from a reading. Look it up on amazon. Im going to read it again! I think it will help a lot of us. Let me know what you think if you read it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2011, 07:10 AM
RE: Book recommendation!!
Sounds like a good one! Must have a look..also try Don't Lick The Phones by Britney Bronte, I think it's only available as an ebook at the moment..but it looks brill..you'll find it on Amazon x
14-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Ive just read Don't lick the phones, I liked it! The place where they worked really made me wonder if psychic interactive is that exciting to work at.It did have a lot of similarities!
14-09-2011, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 08:14 AM by Cinnamongirl.)
This should be the official book recommendation thread for psychic related books.
14-09-2011, 12:29 PM
(14-09-2011 08:13 AM)Cinnamongirl Wrote:  This should be the official book recommendation thread for psychic related books.

Big Grin
14-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Don't Lick The Phones was a crime against literature. It was bad.
14-09-2011, 01:48 PM
(14-09-2011 01:40 PM)Eridanus Wrote:  Don't Lick The Phones was a crime against literature. It was bad.

For me it was so trashy and bad, that it made it funny. Just what I need at the moment the way my head has been feeling Undecided
14-09-2011, 04:25 PM
It was clearly based on PI and the characters were to close for comfort. I got bored reading the mush and spent more time trying to work out the characters....

Vivian Garnet her cousin looks like Saddam Hussein = Lyn Lait
Noni the tattooed teen witch = Laura Daligan
Gypsy Gina = ??
Selina Windrush West Country Wise Women = Karina
Northern Doreen Rule of three. Three pieces of information provided = ??
Dylan the Welsh-Californian = Jules Williams.
Conrad Holmes the eastern mystic = John Healey.
Jameson Wallace the gentleman psychic = Ray??
Jeremy Wendle the talking man frog. A thin man pallid hair and huge bulging eyes, went to the studio wearing samauri clothes and a sword. Very religious. Vegetarian. Let go after an incident. = ??
Lenny the boyband astrologer = Adam
Dierdre Star a numerologist = Katie Keeley
Tatiana Tremaine the strategist = Tamara
Daria = ???
Angelica Queen of Crystals = Anne ??
Guinevere Moonway Flitted to psychic & soul with Chloe/Sue. Conrad was enraptured by her. Golden hair = Andie Hudson??
Gerard Langley channels Merlin and Pan = Lawrence Gibson.
Dina Arbuckle Yorkshire - left = ??
Melandra Bane - short, round dark big brown eyes. Cards/runes ascended masters. Antibacterial wipes, belief that 2012 is the end. Sacked for upsetting Chloe. Then Chloe left. Mentioned spoons = Sue Hudd??
Chloe Hart - short, round, blonde blue eyes = ??
Bailey Wren - spiky haired medium, female = Sammie??
Denys Barry - Fake/ large man, dark eyes red rimmed, soft welsh accent. Offices in Marbella = Christopher Heath.
Tula the Namibian bone reader = Lee
Beebee Bossy presenter. = Jemma??
Cindy - presenter bubbly blonde and considered the prettiest, talked without thinking = Adele/Charlotte?
Lindy = Adele/Charlotte?
Lars from Mars = Scandinavian producer so Sweden
Gypsy Gina fiery temper and not scared to tell producers and other psychics where to go. Always had her Hand bag at the desk = ??
Johnjoe Perdoe bald medium who wanted to sing swing. Hero is Sinatra. He started seeing Deirdre Star = Grant.
14-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Brilliant post Eridanus, I thought the same about a lot of the characters!

Jeremy Wendle made me think of John because of the religious part, and he used to be a monk. Maybe Gypsy Gina could be Hazel? I definitely thought of Tamara as soon as they described Tatiana! It is so similar to PI, they talk about the creation of the 'Mystik' text service, and in the book they say that the psychics were asked to give phrases, and its randomly generated by computer. I think they also said something like, the people who worked on it were all just bored of standard data entry jobs or something!
14-09-2011, 05:10 PM
(14-09-2011 04:34 PM)Cinnamongirl Wrote:  Brilliant post Eridanus, I thought the same about a lot of the characters!

Jeremy Wendle made me think of John because of the religious part, and he used to be a monk. Maybe Gypsy Gina could be Hazel? I definitely thought of Tamara as soon as they described Tatiana! It is so similar to PI, they talk about the creation of the 'Mystik' text service, and in the book they say that the psychics were asked to give phrases, and its randomly generated by computer. I think they also said something like, the people who worked on it were all just bored of standard data entry jobs or something!

Conrad Holmes is def the John Healey Charater - shirt buttoned to top, very eccentric. Front looked like a monk, back Miss Haversham - long flowing locks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Must Book for Readers: veryconfused 3 507 17-03-2016 04:29 PM
Last Post: Fargo