Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Open question to you all -
02-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Open question to you all -
This really is an open question to everyone, including you Icemaiden.

I really don't understand why I am being portrayed as 'the bad' guy. Please show empathy and try to understand it from my point of view.

Simple question:

What would you all do, if you had numerous readings, were promised numerous predictions, of which none came true? over the space of 5-6 years? Wouldn't you somehow lose faith? What if you kept speaking to other people, who also said the same thing, that their readings weren't coming true, wouldn't you slowly start to disbelieve?

Isn't this a natural reaction?

Or am I somehow a minority?

Why am i being ostracized for simply questioning and stating the other end of the experience.

One of my explanations to explain my justification:
After a love interest had left the country to pursue a working life abroad for a few years, I was told by 99.9% of psychics that they would return and we would be in a relationship, that this person was my soul mate, that we were destined to be together.

This seemed amazing but extremely hard to believe at the time, as this person in question was just an acquaintance at the time, and someone who I didn't have any sort of deep rooted emotional bond with. I was dumbfounded, but I kept hearing the words of 'soul mate' 'Spritual connection', 'Twin flame' etc, and it seemed wonderous at the time, I was like, Wow, the universe does care about me, and wonderful things are going to start happening in my life, and maybe real romantic love does exist. This is the picture practically all the psychics painted for me. And, they ALL SAID THE SAME THING.

This person in question actually died in a fatal scooter accident in Bermuda. Something of which I knew nothing about at the time, yet psychic after psychic was feeding me with crap about what would happen upon their return, that the timing just wasn't right, but it is 'destiny', some describing the 'ceremony' of us when we decided to commit to each other, specific jewellery that would be brought, and that it would happen, that we had to teach each other a karmic lesson, that we were twin soul flames, that they would eventually be 'the one', all the while, this person was actually dead.

I discovered the news of death via a mutual friend we both had who I ran into on the tube on the london underground, and they happened to mention the person in question in a passing conversation, and asked me if I knew, and they told me details about the funeral taking place and who came and who didn't and how awful the whole ordeal was.

i was practically speechless, and I spoke to a few other old colleague's of mine who confirmed the death. I wasn't quite sure as how to react, because I wasn't closely connected to this person, but yet, the psychics helped me create this whole ethereal relationship with them in my mind.
My heart did feel shattered because I had placed so much hope and expectation, that the psychics helped to create, and I sort of felt lost on hearing the news. You could say I felt depressed and quite anxious.

Now, even when I did find out about the unfortunate death of this person, who was someone I was merely acquainted to, and not somebody I had a real close relationship with, I was still being told by psychics at each reading that we would be together etc.

This mentally tormented me because I couldn't understand why no psychic was picking up on their death.

I HAD TO TELL MY MOST TRUSTED PSYCHICS ABOUT THE DEATH OF THIS PERSON, and then, the reaction of some psychics was abysmal. The readings started to take an untimely different tone, and then I started getting messages from beyond the grave about how they loved me (even though I hardly knew them), about how they were thinking about me before their death, about how they deeply regretted not pursuing me further. I asked quite a few psychics as to why they kept seeing us together even though that person had died a few months prior, and they all said that the death wasn't meant to happen, hence why they didn't pick it up, and all they were picking up was what was supposed to happen and going to happen if they didn't die. 0_o

Again, I could have absolutely no way in verifying any of this information. No way at all.

Now you all tell me, wouldn't this make you doubt and question the genuineness of these psychics? This is just one of many of the total failed outcomes the psychics had predicted.

I'm sorry but I think I have every right to be angry, I have every right to show my disregard to predictions and psychic phenomena and I personally feel, how I feel, and my current views are totally justified in my experience.

I am not tarnishing everyone with the same brush, but having spoke to many others, who have also had failed outcomes to predictions etc, and even now, the more people I speak to, the more I get confirmations of predictions not coming true, it has pushed me totally towards the other end of the spectrum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2011, 05:41 PM
RE: Open question to you all -
I do not feel you are being ostracised as many have had your experience and reported it on this forum. Some have questioned how you have gone about your report. Some have questioned just being sensitive to not making others feel stupid or lacking.

Others who are psychic are understandable stating their point of view.

Yes you have a right to be angry. But yes others also have a right to their experience too equally.

Like I have stated I have a foot in both camps of being sceptic and a believer as i have expereinced powerful positves in working with psychics and the negatives of confusion, predictions or mis information
02-11-2011, 07:43 PM
I personally (and I can only speak for myself), was not portraying you as a bad guy. However, as flamered has pointed out, I was questioning where you were getting the information from and the information you were using.. and some of it was flawed information and not doing any justice to some of the valid points you were making. And at the start URUK, you were making some valid points.

As I said on the other thread, despite being a reader, I have once in the past gone a bit crazy with getting readings in the wake of a break up. I hold my hands up to it, I can't blame the psychics or the phone lines I used for me constantly phoning them, because I hold my hands up to making some poor choices. Although to be fair to me, it was my ex's phone bill I was running up, so I had a motive to run up the bill.

I knew that some of the readings were not right, but I still went back.... and only I can take responsibility for that. This is what I meant by personal responsibility. I can't blame a whole industry for me going back to psychics who I knew were not telling me what I needed to hear, and only telling me what they thought I wanted to hear.

Now I use a couple of readers, one of them is a tarot reader, the other is a spiritual guidance reader. The tarot reader is a predictive reader and is bang on with her predictions every time, the other gives me the guidance I need when I am struggling with my own path. Neither one of them work on a phone line.

I think you will be hard pushed to find anyone who will claim ALL psychics are genuine, because we all know that some aren't. But the ones that aren't, seem to have a lot of return clients. Maybe on some level people want to hear certain things, and maybe subconsciously choose to go to psychics who they know will tell them those things. And I stress maybe with that one.

I believe that EVERYONE has psychic ability and that everyone has the ability to develop it. But that is only my belief.

While I can see you are clearly angry over your situation and the psychics you used, but as you said, this person was a love interest, and you had never had a relationship with the person or a strong emotional attachment, did you not at any point during these readings think that maybe they were not making correct predictions for you? Especially as predictions are a grey area with psychic ability.... for a whole array of reasons.

And I do not mean that offensively. But if I am having a reading, and I know in my heart of hearts the reader is only telling me what I want to hear, I end the reading and ask for my money back, giving valid reasons as to why... I will be honest, I rarely use phone lines for readings, because it is very hit and miss as to whether they are good. that's why psychic interactive is good, because it gives you the chance to see a bit about a lot of the readers before you have a reading with them. You can see their style and such like.

My personal advice to anyone is to look at the guidance in the reading, and to go in not wanting specific black and white answers, but to ask for the right guidance to come through about a situation.. when you ask for black and white definite's, you may not always get what you need to hear :-).

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
02-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Your points were very valid, a lot I agree with..however, when you start to call a group of people pathetic, it tends to act to your disadvantage does it not?
02-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm just making a point like everyone else...if he's said sorry then fair enough...apology accepted it's easy to get carried away when you think you're being attacked anyway...so I look forward to more debate...I like to hear both sides Big Grin
03-11-2011, 10:45 AM
(02-11-2011 04:55 PM)uruk Wrote:  This really is an open question to everyone, including you Icemaiden.

I really don't understand why I am being portrayed as 'the bad' guy. Please show empathy and try to understand it from my point of view.

Simple question:

What would you all do, if you had numerous readings, were promised numerous predictions, of which none came true? over the space of 5-6 years? Wouldn't you somehow lose faith? What if you kept speaking to other people, who also said the same thing, that their readings weren't coming true, wouldn't you slowly start to disbelieve?

Isn't this a natural reaction?

Or am I somehow a minority?

Why am i being ostracized for simply questioning and stating the other end of the experience.

One of my explanations to explain my justification:
After a love interest had left the country to pursue a working life abroad for a few years, I was told by 99.9% of psychics that they would return and we would be in a relationship, that this person was my soul mate, that we were destined to be together.

This seemed amazing but extremely hard to believe at the time, as this person in question was just an acquaintance at the time, and someone who I didn't have any sort of deep rooted emotional bond with. I was dumbfounded, but I kept hearing the words of 'soul mate' 'Spritual connection', 'Twin flame' etc, and it seemed wonderous at the time, I was like, Wow, the universe does care about me, and wonderful things are going to start happening in my life, and maybe real romantic love does exist. This is the picture practically all the psychics painted for me. And, they ALL SAID THE SAME THING.

This person in question actually died in a fatal scooter accident in Bermuda. Something of which I knew nothing about at the time, yet psychic after psychic was feeding me with crap about what would happen upon their return, that the timing just wasn't right, but it is 'destiny', some describing the 'ceremony' of us when we decided to commit to each other, specific jewellery that would be brought, and that it would happen, that we had to teach each other a karmic lesson, that we were twin soul flames, that they would eventually be 'the one', all the while, this person was actually dead.

I discovered the news of death via a mutual friend we both had who I ran into on the tube on the london underground, and they happened to mention the person in question in a passing conversation, and asked me if I knew, and they told me details about the funeral taking place and who came and who didn't and how awful the whole ordeal was.

i was practically speechless, and I spoke to a few other old colleague's of mine who confirmed the death. I wasn't quite sure as how to react, because I wasn't closely connected to this person, but yet, the psychics helped me create this whole ethereal relationship with them in my mind.
My heart did feel shattered because I had placed so much hope and expectation, that the psychics helped to create, and I sort of felt lost on hearing the news. You could say I felt depressed and quite anxious.

Now, even when I did find out about the unfortunate death of this person, who was someone I was merely acquainted to, and not somebody I had a real close relationship with, I was still being told by psychics at each reading that we would be together etc.

This mentally tormented me because I couldn't understand why no psychic was picking up on their death.

I HAD TO TELL MY MOST TRUSTED PSYCHICS ABOUT THE DEATH OF THIS PERSON, and then, the reaction of some psychics was abysmal. The readings started to take an untimely different tone, and then I started getting messages from beyond the grave about how they loved me (even though I hardly knew them), about how they were thinking about me before their death, about how they deeply regretted not pursuing me further. I asked quite a few psychics as to why they kept seeing us together even though that person had died a few months prior, and they all said that the death wasn't meant to happen, hence why they didn't pick it up, and all they were picking up was what was supposed to happen and going to happen if they didn't die. 0_o

Again, I could have absolutely no way in verifying any of this information. No way at all.

Now you all tell me, wouldn't this make you doubt and question the genuineness of these psychics? This is just one of many of the total failed outcomes the psychics had predicted.

I'm sorry but I think I have every right to be angry, I have every right to show my disregard to predictions and psychic phenomena and I personally feel, how I feel, and my current views are totally justified in my experience.

I am not tarnishing everyone with the same brush, but having spoke to many others, who have also had failed outcomes to predictions etc, and even now, the more people I speak to, the more I get confirmations of predictions not coming true, it has pushed me totally towards the other end of the spectrum.

I do appreciate your anger your story is quite terifiying from all aspects.
03-11-2011, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 02:23 PM by uruk.)
(02-11-2011 07:43 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  I personally (and I can only speak for myself), was not portraying you as a bad guy. However, as flamered has pointed out, I was questioning where you were getting the information from and the information you were using.. and some of it was flawed information and not doing any justice to some of the valid points you were making. And at the start URUK, you were making some valid points.

As I said on the other thread, despite being a reader, I have once in the past gone a bit crazy with getting readings in the wake of a break up. I hold my hands up to it, I can't blame the psychics or the phone lines I used for me constantly phoning them, because I hold my hands up to making some poor choices. Although to be fair to me, it was my ex's phone bill I was running up, so I had a motive to run up the bill.

I knew that some of the readings were not right, but I still went back.... and only I can take responsibility for that. This is what I meant by personal responsibility. I can't blame a whole industry for me going back to psychics who I knew were not telling me what I needed to hear, and only telling me what they thought I wanted to hear.

Now I use a couple of readers, one of them is a tarot reader, the other is a spiritual guidance reader. The tarot reader is a predictive reader and is bang on with her predictions every time, the other gives me the guidance I need when I am struggling with my own path. Neither one of them work on a phone line.

I think you will be hard pushed to find anyone who will claim ALL psychics are genuine, because we all know that some aren't. But the ones that aren't, seem to have a lot of return clients. Maybe on some level people want to hear certain things, and maybe subconsciously choose to go to psychics who they know will tell them those things. And I stress maybe with that one.

I believe that EVERYONE has psychic ability and that everyone has the ability to develop it. But that is only my belief.

While I can see you are clearly angry over your situation and the psychics you used, but as you said, this person was a love interest, and you had never had a relationship with the person or a strong emotional attachment, did you not at any point during these readings think that maybe they were not making correct predictions for you? Especially as predictions are a grey area with psychic ability.... for a whole array of reasons.

And I do not mean that offensively. But if I am having a reading, and I know in my heart of hearts the reader is only telling me what I want to hear, I end the reading and ask for my money back, giving valid reasons as to why... I will be honest, I rarely use phone lines for readings, because it is very hit and miss as to whether they are good. that's why psychic interactive is good, because it gives you the chance to see a bit about a lot of the readers before you have a reading with them. You can see their style and such like.

My personal advice to anyone is to look at the guidance in the reading, and to go in not wanting specific black and white answers, but to ask for the right guidance to come through about a situation.. when you ask for black and white definite's, you may not always get what you need to hear :-).

Firstly, I do profusely apologise to you all, especially you icemaiden. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me especially during our heated debates, a lot was said out of frustration and anger.. sorry.

At first, when these predictions came about from the first psychic, I was stunned to say the least, My intuition deep down inside did doubt it, but I was also quite young and naive, I was 23 when I first had a psychic reading, and 24 when my dependency on them started to surface (I am approaching my 30th birthday next year).

My first ever reading concerning the person in question was by a psychic who had quite a reputation on micheleknight.com, she had the most feedback, the most clients trying to book her.
Needless to say, she was someone who quite excited me so I couldn't wait for the reading. The first thing she mentioned to me, was the persons name. She said who is so and so, I told her, ''yeah I do know a so and so, they are a old work colleague of mine who I worked with briefly'', well, she said, ''they are your soul mate, you both are destined to be together, i sense they have recently moved because of work or there has been a change in there work circumstances, but they will be back quite soon, and well, you both are going to be in a serious relationship, i even see commitment''.

^ That is what got me hooked. I had no way to verify this, because I was never emotionally attached to this person, I couldn't rule out the possibility of it happening. It wasn't like I really knew them. If it was an ex, I would of had some understanding about if that psychic, what they were saying was true or not, but it was a possibility, and the idea that me, I, actually had a soul mate out there, like wow, do those things really exist? and maybe I am destined to have an amazing love story - that is how I was thinking and my thoughts at the time.

At the time though, heavily studying in higher education, my social life did take a back seat because of my heavy work load and part time work, and I started to suffer from a bit of low self esteem regarding love and relationships, So when the mention of this amazing love affair was made, I did make the mistake of latching on to the idea.

I started to call other psychics, who again, said the same thing, and started telling me more bits of information about what would happen, how it would happen, and when, and I discussed my doubts with a few psychics, I blatantly told them that I am quite unsure about the person they insisted I would end up with in this perfect romantic affair, and I doubted they were very interested in me because I never really had seen any significant signs when I was acquainted to them. But the psychics insisted it was just my self doubt in my mind that didn't believe I deserved love, and that I should be open to the possibility of it happening, because it is what is written in my future, especially with that person.

What really made me believe, was the validations. When a psychic made correct validations concerning my past and present, I automatically thought they were amazing, and I made the mistake of trusting them far too much. I couldn't help it. When they said correct things about me, my past etc, I was always like, wow, that is truly amazing, how on earth did they know that? I automatically assumed that because they were spot on with my past, and my current situation, they must also be correct about the future.

I remember actually meeting someone significant for a brief period, and at the time, I had about 4 psychics who I truly believed and trusted, and I contacted them regarding this person who just walked into my life. All four of the psychics told me that there was not any point in pursuing anything because ultimately I would end up with so and so (who had passed on by the way) and they told me the last thing I should do is lead someone on and break their heart. They told me to just keep this person as a friend, because my real relationship was yet to come. I did try hard to keep this person at a distance, following the advice of these psychics, but I think they were attracted to me romantically and got sick of me blowing them off, and in the end, stopped pursuing me and didn't want to know any more. How I deeply regret this now though...

Because some validations were so strong, It felt like it enslaved me to their predictions. I can't explain it icemaiden, I just totally believed them. Totally.
03-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Gosh what you bring up is also linked to ethics and a need for regulations. I am like Icemaiden now I look for guidance as opposed to predictions. And therefore I only listen to those who I know to make sense real sense, when a psychic gives their opinion I am off..as i do not feel this is respectful or ethical..
03-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Apology accepted, and I also apologise.. it takes two to argue and I was just as much to blame :-)

Just because a psychic can give validations on the past, and the present, doesn't mean they can accurately predict all your future events. unfortunately, with the whole idea of psychics being played out on Tv in various shows, I think this has changed peoples perceptions of readings, and not in a good way.

The future is not cast in stone. One small change in our present, can totally change our future.... all a psychic can predict is one version of events.... and this can change.... and this is a huge issue with readings... and possibly a need for some form of tighter regulations when it comes to actual predictions.

The term psychic is associated with the idea of fortune teller... but psychic ability is a very broad term.. and psychic readings should be used to get insight into a situation from a spiritual and psychic perspective..... Unfortunately today, what with shows like most haunted and other psychic shows and ghost hunts, people are expecting psychics to be able to completely predict future events, have all he answers, and the expectations have totally changed in regards to readings. But the reality is, being developed with psychic ability does not mean you have all the answers, or can tell everyone exactly what the future holds.

I no longer use psychics who don't read with cards of some kind, because I find psychics who use their ability combined with the cards are more accurate (That is a personal thing)....

When it comes to soul mates... a person will know instantly who their soul mate is the minute they meet them, make eye contact.... because its something you know deep inside... but we can have relationships with many of our soulmates in one life time.. and our soulmates can also be our friends and family..... when it comes to *Life partners*.. we only have one of those every life time... and the feeling is different from a soul mate.... it is something that you know instantly.. you meet, and you know without doubt that you are going to be with that person, and all previous relationships pale into comparison.

I can understand why you are so angry.... but I think at some point you need to let go of the anger. It appears you have learnt from your own experiences which is a good thing.... after all, life is about learning, and sometimes we all have to learn our lessons in some hard ways.... which is crappy sometimes, but that's what life is all about, learning. And no experience is a bad experience if we learn from it.

While I know there are a lot of unethical readers.. there are also many ethical ones, there are many readers who really want to help and guide people, not give them false hope or play on a need to meet someone or find love... the reality is, we will all meet someone to share our life with.. that is a guarantee in life... that one day, we will all meet the person we are meant to spend the rest of our life with.... no one should question if they will meet someone, because meeting a life partner is a given.... as for when? it will happen when the time is right in a persons life.... when the person is ready for that relationship.... that is why I believe that readers need to be so careful with love readings... because if they are focussing a reading on one person, it is preventing the person they are reading for having an open mind when and if someone else comes along.... what readers should do in love readings, is help the person they are reading for look at the relationship if they are in one... the break up if they have had one.. or look at the inner conflicts within a person if they are single (Again this is only my opinion)... because it doesnt matter how much a reader can predict someone coming in, if the person is not doing the inner work, not working on the self, they are preventing themselves from connecting with the right person... and having the type of relationship they want.

The future is a blank canvas that only we alone can fill, and we choose how we paint that canvas...

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
03-11-2011, 10:04 PM
All due respect, but if the future can't be predicted what is the point of a psychic reading?? Excuse me if I'm being ignorant, but doesn't that mean that anybody can predict anything happening and when it doesn't they can say something must have changed.
Surely a psychic is meant to be a step above the average spiritual frequency? Just saying is all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question For Psychic Today nimi 12 2,254 26-01-2015 03:11 AM
Last Post: danitalia