Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Psychics: real or fake?
14-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Psychics: real or fake?
Hi there, after having a few readings from the show psychic interactive, I am confused to whether psychics are true or not. Some things happen however some things don't, psychics claim to have powers and ability. Most of my readings I've had are quite accurate and tune in quite well however some don't. Could this whole thing be a scam or is there really truth in the psychic world?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2011, 09:39 AM
RE: Psychics: real or fake?
Depends on how you feel about the whole thing I suppose. Your question is a little vague to say the least. If you've come on here looking for an answer to that question you'll find we're a little biased! We all believe there psychic forces at work in the world.
15-11-2011, 08:37 PM
(15-11-2011 09:39 AM)Psychicfamily Wrote:  Depends on how you feel about the whole thing I suppose. Your question is a little vague to say the least. If you've come on here looking for an answer to that question you'll find we're a little biased! We all believe there psychic forces at work in the world.

I don't think the question from Polly was vague. It was a legitamate question. I don't think anyone who has a psychic reading, does not believe there are psychic forces at work in the world. But how many people have the psychic gift is the big question. There are many many fake psychics, and equally many people who truly believe that they have a gift that they absolutely do not. Unfortunatly if you are looking for a true and genuine psychic reading, it is more likely you will stumble across these two types before (if ever) you really find a reader who really truly has the gift.
The beauty of the internet and forums, is that it allows people to share and debate different psychics and shows. As long as the forum is independant that is.
17-11-2011, 03:10 AM
I'm personally starting to believe that the vast majority of psychics aren't psychic, they are just highly sensitive individuals who have the natural gift of cold reading presented to them..
17-11-2011, 03:58 AM
How can cold reading explain away, being given very specific detail about something only you know? Im going beyond the "you are wearing a red top" or "you have dark hair" sort of thing!

I have been given information, where I have been told what I did, with a specific person when visiting their home. It wasn't - watching TV, dinner etc but a specific thing I did.

Also things recently at work, have all played out as I have been told they would. Again, not a one size fits all type experience!

I think part of all of this is dependent on the type of psychic you choose and if you bounce from one to another, you are just going to get a mixture of readings/responses and adopt the attitude that they are all fake. There are good psychics, but they are rare. If you also look at other threads you will see that it's down to you too. You can't just go on what a psychic tells you. You do what is natural to you and make changes where you can. But it's a two fold process.
17-11-2011, 04:27 AM
I haven't denied that psychics haven't been accurate regarding specific details about my past and even my present situation, but they have ALL been so wrong regarding my future.

I spoke to a psychic called catherine once who use to work on the circle.com. She was on the phone to me for one minute, telling me how she was 'tuning' in to me. Then she turned around and said 'You were with someone today, in the passenger seat, in a white van with a blue logo on it, I'm not sure where you were going, but I think it was something to do with work... not your work, but the drivers work''.

My face literally dropped. Earlier on that day I was walking along my street towards my house when a friend I hadn't seen in a while horned at me, he was in a white delivery van, with a 'wholesale foods' banner engraved alongside the side of the vehicle in blue. He told me to get in and chat and to keep him company, hadn't seen him in a while, and that he had one drop off and then he was heading back down this way so he could drop me back. I agreed and sat with him for a brief duration of about 15 minutes or so.

She somehow tuned into me, viewed what I had done in my life through my eyes, then presented it back to me in almost clear specific detail. This is what I mean by highly intuitive, presenting facts about the past and the present, because these things have happened, they can pick up on it.

But again, catherine's future predictions couldn't have been more further from the truth. That was the one and only time she was so accurate about something that had happened in such specific detail. Everything else she said, especially regarding the future was wrong.

But having researched this now, thoroughly, and researching intuition, the whole apparent 'holographic universe', the parallel universe's theories etc, I don't really hold it as some form of amazing psychic phenomena, just an innate sense that we all possess/use to posses at some degree or another, because all she really did was tell me about something that had already happened and something of which I already knew, it already existed, it already happened, it was already recorded in my memory banks, it was already experienced by myself, and she tuned into that experience.

I have had a handful of these sort of experiences, some quite profound, and i have had many more experiences of being cold read. Psychics look at my style of dress (trackies, trainers on lazy days) and have assumed I'm a chav or that I'm heavily into sports. Then some who spoke to me assume I'm of black origin, because I have a deep voice, and all keep trying to bring in 'color' and coloured people and a coloured heritage/culture into my readings lol.

These again, are just a handful of examples from my experience, I could go on, and on and on, believe me.
17-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Any moment from now is the future.

I was told about things regarding work in March 2011 it's now November. I was told changes would become apparent from September and not be settled until March 2012.

So from March I would say September is the future? Changes started making themselves known fully at the end of August/Septembet. Turns out originally the changes were due to be in place by January 2012. Yet now there have been complications as this is going to be February at the earliest. Pretty close to March I would say and all in all a year from it being mentioned. But Psychics don't do the future?

I was given specific details regarding the changes etc. This is brief, I can't be bothered going on and on!
17-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Well good for you Eridanus. I'm glad and happy that you're future is being played out just like the psychics have revealed it would. Good for you.

But again, Speaking from around 4 or so years of incessant psychic reading experiance, nothing ever predicted for me ever came true.
17-11-2011, 05:01 AM
On another note Eridanus, I'm not quite sure as to why all your post seem rather patronising towards me, as if im making this whole ordeal up for some reason, and it's coming across as if you're not happy about me stating my feelings regarding psychics and their ethics of practise. Are you finding what I'm saying difficult to believe or difficult to hear? Or is it because you have experienced predictions coming true for you so you feel the need to try to downplay my posts?

Eridanus, What I'm experiencing is something that will come to the forefront of the media, just wait and see. Television Shows have been dedicated to the malpractice of psychics, forums have surfaced and sprouted regarding other fellow clients who's predictions never came to fruition, and this is just the start.

For each one of you who's predictions do come to pass, there are probably 20 or so of you who's predictions don't.
17-11-2011, 05:35 AM
No they're not. It's about balance.

The only issue I have is the one where, you push the blame more towards the psychics. There is no downplay regarding your ordeal, but no one forced you to make any of those calls, seek out any of the web sites etc. It was your choice.

It's like anything, we choose to put ourselves in certain situations and then we choose to stop. When you made your calls, at that moment you were simply doing what you wanted. I just think this is what you have issue with, not my posts.

I also have no issue in knowing that there are some charlatans out there with no ethics, but from experience I have also seen that there are some that get it right too. Personally there are only 2 I now speak with. But you can't keep blaming the psychics, if you go to them in the first place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Real Psychic Powers. Gilly 0 206 14-05-2017 10:29 AM
Last Post: Gilly
Exclamation are psychic feedbacks are genuine or fake? janaan 64 4,355 06-12-2015 10:33 PM
Last Post: janaan
  Real - fake - or ugly Killer bee 8 1,720 29-10-2014 11:29 AM
Last Post: iamacolincookfan
  Psychics..the real truth Masked Psychic 156 30,040 24-02-2014 11:55 AM
Last Post: Dancing Dolly
  Deborah Higgins Fake Medium/Psychic danitalia 1 4,701 21-01-2014 01:01 PM
Last Post: danitalia
  thinking for yourself, forcing psychics to get a real job! chrisw316 4 970 14-06-2013 12:00 PM
Last Post: chrisw316
  if proof were needed that psychics are fake.. chrisw316 30 3,583 10-05-2013 03:33 PM
Last Post: chrisw316
  Evidence for real psychic gifts post it here. DreamDetective 2 1,188 07-06-2011 07:28 PM
Last Post: Sammy