Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cuckoo Land?
19-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Cuckoo Land?
Heart

Hi I am new to the forum but I have watched the show for a long time and like most of you I have poured a lot of time and money into it, and I can see the pitfalls. At the beginning I was somewhat naive and hung on every word but disappointment after disappointment soon made me realise that perhaps I was living in cuckoo land.

God knows I am ashamed but I still text/phone the show when I have a wobble, and it's so stupid because its not really helping.

Nothing has happened for me, and I wish I could say I had given up on the psychic world, but when I get down its like a fix but realistically its a vicious circle.

Maybe there is a lot to be said for sticking with one reader.

I'm confused but I guess I'm to blame.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2011, 01:14 AM
RE: Cuckoo Land?
(19-11-2011 09:47 PM)Sparkle Wrote:  Heart

Hi I am new to the forum but I have watched the show for a long time and like most of you I have poured a lot of time and money into it, and I can see the pitfalls. At the beginning I was somewhat naive and hung on every word but disappointment after disappointment soon made me realise that perhaps I was living in cuckoo land.

God knows I am ashamed but I still text/phone the show when I have a wobble, and it's so stupid because its not really helping.

Nothing has happened for me, and I wish I could say I had given up on the psychic world, but when I get down its like a fix but realistically its a vicious circle.

Maybe there is a lot to be said for sticking with one reader.

I'm confused but I guess I'm to blame.

My heart pours out to you sparkle, as I have felt the same, especially when you mention about getting the 'fix'. It's all a part and parcel of anxieties and needing the fix eases the anxiety until the next anxious episode.

But just remember, you are not alone. I have been through what you are going through, and many others are going through it, and the dependence on these psychics and wasting your money on them is not the way forward. PM me if you want to talk. x
20-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Something that really helped me was watching derren brown rip apart psychics. What he says in this interview just makes so much sense. I had to watch all 6 parts a few times before it finally 'hit' me, like a light-bulb switching on before I actually 'got it' and got what he was saying. If you do have the energy and the time, please try to sit down and watch what he has to say.. it made perfect sense to me and I hope it might shed some light regarding your present situation.

I have got the links for you.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idVxRE8uM-A

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPyAqLZcKf0

Part 3:
Doesn't work anymore for some reason?

Part 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuA-16R2-DE

Part 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=628KqjEnYHs

Part 6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw78YnnP2gQ
03-03-2012, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 11:35 AM by Dream Catcher.)
Thank you URUK. It is very interesting viewing indeed.
03-03-2012, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 12:06 PM by flamered.)
I wish you the best..sticking to one or two readers can be useful..no guarantees to predictions but can aid in growth or transformation so one can take the lead oneself ..as long as dependence does not set in...but yes keeping the feet on , keeping it real, believing that you have the power to make your own predictions happen without a psychic is perhaps the way forward..also I wonder if watching the show and using too many psychics also increases fear and neurosis..as we are constantly bombarded with themes..are you happy? are you stuck? what is love? ...so watching can provoke a circle of questions..and provoke new worries!!! great for the bank balance of PT but not always good for us..Jules however is pretty good to watch on empowerment..
My other concern is how do we know what is right and wrong information when things are conflicting..and that can if not careful lead to creating us new realities and problems built from uncertain truths..for example acusing someone of something that perhaps they did not do!!! etc...it makes me realise that if we are not being in touch with the reality of a situation but only getting it psychically this is the time to stand back..always ensuring that the actuality and truth of a situation unfolds..so that we do not play with our lives join the dots!!! lol

For me right now..the psychics I listen to have said no easy resolve, hard work.there may not be a way forward..and I know this as they paint the scenario I know to be in keeping with the reality..to be true..and helpful in understanding that I may not get what I want and why in terms of the obstacles..which can be freeing..whilst painful..the psychics I now only use don't keep me in cuckoo land
03-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I strongly believe that the themes are given because without realising it you have already answered at least half of your own question. It gives the psychic a lead. I try not to go with the themes anymore- just ask my question where possible.
03-03-2012, 04:27 PM
(03-03-2012 11:54 AM)flamered Wrote:  I wish you the best..sticking to one or two readers can be useful..no guarantees to predictions but can aid in growth or transformation so one can take the lead oneself ..as long as dependence does not set in...but yes keeping the feet on , keeping it real, believing that you have the power to make your own predictions happen without a psychic is perhaps the way forward..also I wonder if watching the show and using too many psychics also increases fear and neurosis..as we are constantly bombarded with themes..are you happy? are you stuck? what is love? ...so watching can provoke a circle of questions..and provoke new worries!!! great for the bank balance of PT but not always good for us..Jules however is pretty good to watch on empowerment..
My other concern is how do we know what is right and wrong information when things are conflicting..and that can if not careful lead to creating us new realities and problems built from uncertain truths..for example acusing someone of something that perhaps they did not do!!! etc...it makes me realise that if we are not being in touch with the reality of a situation but only getting it psychically this is the time to stand back..always ensuring that the actuality and truth of a situation unfolds..so that we do not play with our lives join the dots!!! lol

For me right now..the psychics I listen to have said no easy resolve, hard work.there may not be a way forward..and I know this as they paint the scenario I know to be in keeping with the reality..to be true..and helpful in understanding that I may not get what I want and why in terms of the obstacles..which can be freeing..whilst painful..the psychics I now only use don't keep me in cuckoo land

With regards to right and wrong information i have found that psychics can get information so wrong and you cant rely on it being right!! to be honest i knew it was wrong when the psychic said it, this psychic being katie off psychiclight!!! im lucky that i could find out for certain without having to wonder if it was right or wrong.
03-03-2012, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 11:49 PM by cosmicorder.)
My heart pours out to you Sparkle and I can understand your frustration. Just like you for years I have been having readings with PT and interacted with live shows and also on option 0. I don't use them anymore as I find their services unreliable and unprofessional and money making scam.

None of the predictions happened and I was last told a proposal for me end of Feb and yes he proposed but not to me but to the woman he left me for and they having a baby together. I was always told he is coming back and all these readings have left me heart broken but am not having any readings no more. Not only am I saving money but I feel more happier and am starting to move on. I allow the universe to bring me what I need in my life and that way I will have to accept it and don't have to blame all the psychics for it.

You are not alone in this and if you read some posts, many have gone through this. Try not to don't depend and live your life on psychic readings. If you need guidance then stick to one reader who you feel has connected to you. There are other sites out there who offer cheaper readings and true guidance. I haven't used them yet but have had good feedback about them PM me if you want details.
04-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Hello All, I am new on here and have been following the posts for sometime now. Cosmicorder I am so sorry to read about your dreadful experience. I wonder if psychics tune into the person we are enquiring about, see their intentions and assume it is with us. This is so scary.
28-03-2012, 02:49 PM
It is so scary. I don't think,that in general, any psychic is out to trick anybody because if anybody is GENUINELY on the spiritual path they will believe the information they are passing on is accurate and they will want to be truthful. However I have been told that the information is passed from the spirit world/energies to the psychic and it is up to the psychic to interput it or make sense of it. So I am guessing that is why it is so easy to have mix ups. They can be "shown" a glipse of something then its gone and they have to give the client what they see that doesn't make them dishonest.

However when you are out of pocket and left heart broken it is hard to see it that way. Its a gamble when you contact a psychic- a bit like money on the gg's