Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WORDS THE PSYCHIC NEXT DOOR: MEET SHEPHERD’S BUSH’S MOST DOWN-TO-EARTH MEDIUM
22-02-2018, 10:44 PM
WORDS THE PSYCHIC NEXT DOOR: MEET SHEPHERD’S BUSH’S MOST DOWN-TO-EARTH MEDIUM
AVRIL PRICE HAS BEEN READING PEOPLE AND THEIR CARDS WITH NO-NONSENSE FLAIR FOR OVER 30 YEARS. BASED IN SHEPHERD’S BUSH, SHE TEACHES AT SOUTH KENSINGTON’S COLLEGE OF PSYCHIC STUDIES. ARNELLE PATERSON ASKED HER ABOUT THE OFTEN MISUNDERSTOOD AND FREQUENTLY SECRETIVE WORLDS OF TAROT AND SPIRITUALISM.

AVRIL PRICE

Sat near a window in Ca’pucino Westfield, I notice a vibrant figure with pastel pink-tinted hair and the smile to match walk in. As she makes her way over to our table, it’s obvious why people have been baring their souls and sharing their deepest worries with her for over three decades. After all, she’s a tarot and psychic consultant, as well as a medium. Past, present, future, dead or alive, Avril Price has got you covered.

Taking out the Psycards I’d bought a few days ago, Price’s eyes light up. “I never get my cards read, this is exciting!” she chirps with a Northern lilt. These aren’t quite tarot cards. Psycards are inspired by Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung’s belief that symbols have the power to bridge the conscious and unconscious in order to make important decisions, as well as help with self-development.

Shuffling the cards, it begins to dawn on me that I, a journalist, am attempting to read an established psychic. This could be an embarrassing career pitfall, or the catalyst for a new one. I tell Price to stop me shuffling whenever she feels prompted and lay out a few of the cards haphazardly. Out goes Miss Analytical, in comes Miss Mystical. Relying on intuition paired with the cards’ vivid imagery, I deliver whatever comes to mind. I manage to pick up on an upcoming trip to Spain she’s just booked, her love for North African culture, and describe the relationship she has with two female friends in less than 20 minutes. Phew. “You have a real gift, you know,” says Price, and I can’t help but smile a little.

http://whitenoise.city/articles/the-psyc...th-medium/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Psychic medium to the stars laments the downsides of talking to the dead, mecheeta 0 22 Yesterday 08:13 AM
Last Post: mecheeta
  Google Earth EXPOSES 'haunting secrets' of Salisbury Cathedral mecheeta 0 288 13-04-2018 07:13 AM
  Demon growls woman's name before flinging door open in one of the UK's most haunted h mecheeta 0 364 05-11-2017 05:52 PM
  David Traynor Spirit Medium psychicdoglover 1 783 18-03-2017 05:59 PM
Last Post: Humphrey Pumphrey
  Anthea Turner reveals how a medium let her talk to her dead sister and warned husband psychicdoglover 0 721 10-01-2017 06:46 AM
Last Post: psychicdoglover
  has anywun had reading where your idol looklike you will meet* Alice Cooper 35 4,190 12-03-2016 01:43 PM
Last Post: Gomez
  Khloe Kardashian uses teen medium Tyler Henry to connect with dad Rober Mediums Now 0 524 05-12-2015 05:03 PM
Last Post: Mediums Now
  Deborah Higgins Fake Medium/Psychic danitalia 1 6,477 21-01-2014 01:01 PM
Last Post: danitalia
  the words psychics use.. chrisw316 34 5,459 04-05-2013 04:47 PM
Last Post: chrisw316