Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum quiet
24-03-2018, 09:21 AM
RE: Forum quiet
(23-03-2018 10:04 PM)Gilly Wrote:  Because this site has been taken over by readers in disguise. People are not stupid and have had enough of the greedy beggars touting.

That’s very true. It is no wonder why people do not wish to post, unfortunately I feel many gullible people have been taken in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2018, 10:13 AM
(24-03-2018 09:21 AM)maya Wrote:  
(23-03-2018 10:04 PM)Gilly Wrote:  Because this site has been taken over by readers in disguise. People are not stupid and have had enough of the greedy beggars touting.

That’s very true. It is no wonder why people do not wish to post, unfortunately I feel many gullible people have been taken in.

I think most post on here in the past have bèen related around ex's and in time I think people have moved on met other people as ex's have not come back and people don't feel the need to have readings any more.
24-03-2018, 11:19 PM
(24-03-2018 08:07 PM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(16-03-2018 04:40 PM)Purple2 Wrote:  
(14-03-2018 04:38 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  The forum had gone quiet because every time someone tries to say something, trolls and arguments start when it should be to speak about psychics/psychic lines without getting personal, so people feel uncomfortable to come on here and post. Such a shame.

Agree. I also think that over the past few months in general the level of activity has gone down. Not sure why. Like virgo said it’s prob a mix of things. That people don’t feel confortable posting incase they get abusive language thrown at them by trolls. That there hasn’t been many good new readers lately so the level of excitement has gone down. X

The main reason is that there's no such thing as psychic ability. Millions of dollars have been spent investigating psychics and their psychic ability. NOTHING has ever been found to support their claims.

Psychics have a disclaimer which says that they exist for 'entertainment purposes' only. If they didn't, their customers would be able to take them to court each time their predictions failed to materialise. If they genuinely could see into the future, they wouldn't need a disclaimer, now would they?

Let's face it, they are all charlatans and anyone who believes otherwise needs to see a doctor.

The second reason is that so many people have been ripped off by so many charlatans that people are finally waking up to the fact that it's one big con. So, they stop seeing psychics and stop posting on forums like this.

There's also a third reason. The UK economy isn't doing too well, in spite of what the politicians may say. A number of high street names have either gone bust or are about to or are having to restructure their business in order to remain solvent. Amongst this list of companies are Toys R Us, Maplins and New Look. There are rumours that others will no doubt join this ever-growing band in the not too distant future. There's also strong rumours of a Budget give-away. That's usually a sign that things aren't right with the economy. Finally, Brexit is beginning to have an adverse affect. When the economy starts to fail, people stop spending on unnecessary items such as readings with charlatans.

There's also a fourth reason. In spite of the credit crunch of 2008, not only has the UK government continued to borrow vast sums of money, so have individuals. The UK government owes an estimated £1.83 trillion. 70% of UK citizens now owe, on average, £6,400 and 1 in 5 owes more than £10,000. These figures don't include mortgages. Too many people either can't or won't borrow any more money.

The bottom line is that money is in short supply in too many households and the money simply isn't there to waste on charlatan psychics. If people aren't going to waste their money seing psychics, they aren't going to post on forums such as this.

That said, it's not just psychic forums like this one that are quiet. Most forums that I am aware of are quiet or have already closed down. People already have or are in the process of migrating to social media. This forum exists to drive traffic to the psychic phone lines. Psychic phone line companies will continue to support this forum as long as they get a reasonable return on their investment. The problem comes when the traffic flow to their phone lines does not justify their investment in this forum. If the number of posts reflects the amount of traffic being driven towards the psychic phone lines, then traffic must be falling off badly. If that's the case and genuine posters don't start using this forum more and visiting the psychic phone lines more, then it probably won't be too long before this forum closes down too. It's the way of the world.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to get a pile of adverse comments about my post, but who cares. It's the truth.

I respect your views that you don't believe in psychic and mediumistic abilities, but I've had proof from mediums and psychics of things happen and brilliant validations.. 20, 30 years ago, psychics were taken more seriously - the ones who worked in spiritualist churches or the old fortune teller at the fair.. It's because nowadays, they have to (by law) use the disclaimer to protect their arses incase someone sues them for getting predictions wrong, as well as the likes of psychic lines with mostly shockingly bad readers who tell you what you want to hear or barnum statements/good psychology.

Private readers and mediums who visit churches are the better of readers, because if they were so terrible, they'd be out of business and nobody would go to them. I think nowadays where everything is so PC that they have to have disclaimers saying entertainment purposes etc ruins it a bit. I can't disagree with you and say you're wrong as people are perfectly entitled to disbelieve in readers so no I won't say anything bad to you, just what I feel has happened over time to make things this way
24-03-2018, 11:48 PM
(14-03-2018 04:38 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  The forum had gone quiet because every time someone tries to say something, trolls and arguments start when it should be to speak about psychics/psychic lines without getting personal, so people feel uncomfortable to come on here and post. Such a shame.

Agree. I also think that over the past few months in general the level of activity has gone down. Not sure why. Like virgo said it’s prob a mix of things. That people don’t feel confortable posting incase they get abusive language thrown at them by trolls. That there hasn’t been many good new readers lately so the level of excitement has gone down. X

The main reason is that there's no such thing as psychic ability. Millions of dollars have been spent investigating psychics and their psychic ability. NOTHING has ever been found to support their claims.

Psychics have a disclaimer which says that they exist for 'entertainment purposes' only. If they didn't, their customers would be able to take them to court each time their predictions failed to materialise. If they genuinely could see into the future, they wouldn't need a disclaimer, now would they?

Let's face it, they are all charlatans and anyone who believes otherwise needs to see a doctor.

The second reason is that so many people have been ripped off by so many charlatans that people are finally waking up to the fact that it's one big con. So, they stop seeing psychics and stop posting on forums like this.

There's also a third reason. The UK economy isn't doing too well, in spite of what the politicians may say. A number of high street names have either gone bust or are about to or are having to restructure their business in order to remain solvent. Amongst this list of companies are Toys R Us, Maplins and New Look. There are rumours that others will no doubt join this ever-growing band in the not too distant future. There's also strong rumours of a Budget give-away. That's usually a sign that things aren't right with the economy. Finally, Brexit is beginning to have an adverse affect. When the economy starts to fail, people stop spending on unnecessary items such as readings with charlatans.

There's also a fourth reason. In spite of the credit crunch of 2008, not only has the UK government continued to borrow vast sums of money, so have individuals. The UK government owes an estimated £1.83 trillion. 70% of UK citizens now owe, on average, £6,400 and 1 in 5 owes more than £10,000. These figures don't include mortgages. Too many people either can't or won't borrow any more money.

The bottom line is that money is in short supply in too many households and the money simply isn't there to waste on charlatan psychics. If people aren't going to waste their money seing psychics, they aren't going to post on forums such as this.

That said, it's not just psychic forums like this one that are quiet. Most forums that I am aware of are quiet or have already closed down. People already have or are in the process of migrating to social media. This forum exists to drive traffic to the psychic phone lines. Psychic phone line companies will continue to support this forum as long as they get a reasonable return on their investment. The problem comes when the traffic flow to their phone lines does not justify their investment in this forum. If the number of posts reflects the amount of traffic being driven towards the psychic phone lines, then traffic must be falling off badly. If that's the case and genuine posters don't start using this forum more and visiting the psychic phone lines more, then it probably won't be too long before this forum closes down too. It's the way of the world.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to get a pile of adverse comments about my post, but who cares. It's the truth.

I don’t mean this to sound rude but I’m really confused why you would use this forum for psychic shows if you don’t have any belief about the psychic world. I think to say that because we are spiritual people and believe in things that an experiment can’t prove that we need to see doctors. It’s up to you if you don’t believe it but we do. I believe and have experience many things that have made me know that there is such thing as psychic ability and btw psychic ability goes back generation and generations. It’s not a new thing. Even science believes that we are energetically linked. Some people are just more open to other people’s energeries.
25-03-2018, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2018 12:45 AM by Purple2.)
(25-03-2018 12:27 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(24-03-2018 11:48 PM)Purple2 Wrote:  

I don’t mean this to sound rude but I’m really confused why you would use this forum for psychic shows if you don’t have any belief about the psychic world. I think to say that because we are spiritual people and believe in things that an experiment can’t prove that we need to see doctors. It’s up to you if you don’t believe it but we do. I believe and have experience many things that have made me know that there is such thing as psychic ability and btw psychic ability goes back generation and generations. It’s not a new thing. Even science believes that we are energetically linked. Some people are just more open to other people’s energeries.

I visit a number of psychic forums from time to time. I rarely post. Although I don't believe in such nonsense, I find the human condition that does quite fascinating.

When I visited this forum, I noticed a post about how quiet it was and decided to respond.

I 'worked' as a psychic on the circuit for a couple of years in order to learn the psychics' tricks of the trade as it were so that I was able to write a book about how psychics were able to fool their customers.

I did hundreds of readings and 'fooled' many a customer, even though I told them, before each reading, that I was a non-believer. I donated what I was paid by my customers to charity by the way.

I also told my customers that they were under no obligation to pay me.

Fooling people isn't difficult.

You believe that you weren't fooled but the fact is that you probably were.

The book?

Yes I wrote it but I didn't even sell one copy.

Those who don't go to see psychics know that they are frauds and don't need to buy a book to tell them that.

People who do go to see psychics don't want to be told that they have been ripped off so they don't buy such books either.

Still, I enjoyed writing it.

Sorry to say this but this doesn’t make your point of view anymore valid. You said your not a psychic and fooled people ok. That’s doesn’t mean that other people aren’t psychic it proves nothing. It proves that there are frauds but it doesn’t prove that others don’t have the gift. I believe in sprit as I have experienced it myself. I am not a professional psychic but I have had many experiences that make me believe that there is a higher power. I’m sorry that you don’t believe it but to come on and say you can prove something isn’t true is short sighted. Psychic ability cant be proved either way to be true or not unless you have the gift yourself which you said you don’t... your post is extremely closed minded.
25-03-2018, 12:45 AM
Toldyouso - I agree that there are many charlatans who operate in the psychic industry yet I do believe in spiritualism. However, think it's a little narrow-minded to say that those who believe in psychics need to see a doctor especially when you are addressing this on a forum where this is all catered to psychic believers. However, you have a point where you say people wake up to the fact they have been ripped off by charlatans, myself included. People use the phone lines for a quick fix and then after spending a fortune realise that they have been spun a yarn by all of the readers. This is a repetitive pattern that rotates with old users seeing the psychic phone lines for what they are whilst new customers get drawn into this circle.

This is not really to do with the UK economy, I think that most of us are aware that retailers such as Toys R Us, Maplins and New look have no buyers and about to go into administration. A lot of the reasons for this is in the case of Maplins and Toys R Us people are buying cheaper elsewhere from stores like B & M etc etc., and most of us ladies now buy online, a lot of clothes are transported from China. I don't see that this affects the Psychic industry as a whole. Whether money is short or not people will always find money for entertainment and vices like alcohol, tobacco, psychic readings etc.

Fortune telling is a centuries-old tradition, I think now it's lost its original glory by sales companies. The disclaimer does not need to be put on by law despite what most of you think, its as you say they are scared of being sued.

I don't think the forums have gone quiet because of the economy, lol. It goes like this in cycles. Of course, readers come on this forum as its so obvious that sometimes its almost laughable. Irritating as it is you won't stop them. Forums do get closed down when they are relying on advertisements but this forum clearly isn't. I'd be very surprised if the companies would be paying money for advertisement. Why bother? A reader just needs to make up an account, reinvent themselves at no cost. It's readers paradise! I disagree with you that the psychic industry is slackening. I would say there's more traffic coming in than before. I think more people are doing this as a means to earn a living which means there is a multitude of readers now.

More companies are starting up because there is a demand, like it or not. This forum wouldn't make much difference anyway because most now advertise on the social media. Yeah! Forums have been a thing of the past since the rise of social media, but still, a few that exist. Times are a changing!
25-03-2018, 01:09 AM
(25-03-2018 12:14 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(24-03-2018 11:19 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  

I respect your views that you don't believe in psychic and mediumistic abilities, but I've had proof from mediums and psychics of things happen and brilliant validations.. 20, 30 years ago, psychics were taken more seriously - the ones who worked in spiritualist churches or the old fortune teller at the fair.. It's because nowadays, they have to (by law) use the disclaimer to protect their arses incase someone sues them for getting predictions wrong, as well as the likes of psychic lines with mostly shockingly bad readers who tell you what you want to hear or barnum statements/good psychology.

Private readers and mediums who visit churches are the better of readers, because if they were so terrible, they'd be out of business and nobody would go to them. I think nowadays where everything is so PC that they have to have disclaimers saying entertainment purposes etc ruins it a bit. I can't disagree with you and say you're wrong as people are perfectly entitled to disbelieve in readers so no I won't say anything bad to you, just what I feel has happened over time to make things this way

I 'worked' as a psychic on the circuit for a couple of years in order to learn the psychics' tricks of the trade as it were so that I was able to write a book about how psychics were able to fool their customers.

I did hundreds of readings and 'fooled' many a customer, even though I told them, before each reading, that I was a non-believer. I donated what I was paid by my customers to charity by the way.

I also told my customers that they were under no obligation to pay me.

Fooling people isn't difficult.

You believe that you weren't fooled but the fact is that you probably were.

The book?

Yes I wrote it but I didn't even sell one copy.

Those who don't go to see psychics know that they are frauds and don't need to buy a book to tell them that.

People who do go to see psychics don't want to be told that they have been ripped off so they don't buy such books either.

Still, I enjoyed writing it.

As a matter of interest did you tell the customers who you were reading for that you were conning them? Glad you enjoyed writing your little book but am sure it’s no best seller. I am spiritual myself and a believer in “true” clairvoyance that I have had the pleasure of experiencing this.

There’s lots of books you can buy on cold reading. And please don’t bring in James Randi which every skeptic seems to bring in.
25-03-2018, 01:18 AM
Pussycat I agree with you totally btw. I just wrote a big reply and it didn’t post so will have to summarise.

Toldyouso I think it’s incredible that you spent years of your life trying to prove something to be untrue. The fact is no one can prove it. Not even science. Why not stick to just being a non believe why get so engrossed in a world you don’t believe in. The fact is you said you conned people for two years for an experiment. Vulnerable people paid you money and you took it. I don’t care if you gave it to charity or not you still conned people as you stated yourself for what?!! To give a point of view.. because that’s all you can give your point of view. You haven’t tested every psychic in the world so your experience is biased to the network you were working in. Im totally shocked tbh by the whole idea that you pretended to be a psychic for a book.
25-03-2018, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2018 03:01 AM by Virgo1.)
I think it's really unfair when people come on here and say ALL psychics are charlatans. There are a few genuine ones out there, I've been told by psychics things I didn't want to hear over the years that I didn't realise at the time, and they've came to be true. I've been told nice, happy things and they've come true. They won't always come true, as like Martino said - psychics would be God's or millionaires. Alot of psychics over the years have been found to be fake and had controversy around them like Sally Morgan and Derek Acorah, but it can't be said that ALL psychics are not real. Like Purple2, I've had experiences for myself without consulting psychics AND evidence from psychics that they possibly could not have known/predicted from guesses... Obviously I can't come on here and prove it, but you also cannot prove that psychics are all wrong. You're going off of the shite ones from PS and ATA who will be crap middle aged women making money and time on their hands who fancy earning a bit of quid by keeping customers sweet and telling them lullabys from the tarot books or agony aunt advice... Really good mediums can be found in spiritual churches or as I said - they have their own private website... If they weren't good, they'd soon be out of business.

You say that there is no proof that psychics exist or can have their powers - there also is no proof that there isn't. They reached a stalemate on that, it's controversial. Either people believe or strongly don't - like yourself.

Gut feelings are spiritual - when we feel something is up strongly, that's spirit and our energies telling us something is not right. Also as the other member said - we do connect to each other energetically with cords.. Ever looked at someone and just knew what they were thinking/feeling? Been in the middle of doing things and you begin to think of a certain person suddenly out of nowhere? That person is thinking of you also, so it was pulling on your cords..

I have no problem in people not believing, but to come onto a psychic forum as others say and slate us saying we need to see doctors is a little step too far. You have your right to opinion and we have our right to ours..
25-03-2018, 02:59 AM
Exactly Virgo. Also what I forgot to mention earlier is that police forces and FBI have been known to use psychics for complex investigations. There have been psychic who have been proven to have be significant in helping in these investigations. There is also lots of famous prophets who predicted things years and years before they happened and before they would have had an any idea at all of what the future would hold. I think these phone lines probably haven’t helped the skeptics tbh but let’s not be so short sighted to put everyone in the same box.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forum down? Mr R Sole 3 613 05-05-2017 07:18 AM
Last Post: savvy
  Forum is dead Carr987 16 2,495 09-05-2016 12:00 PM
Last Post: chrys
  SPS forum up and running again. jaks111 31 6,071 03-04-2016 04:36 PM
Last Post: veryconfused
  a tarot card for the forum Dr Healy Feely 3 889 08-08-2015 07:46 PM
Last Post: Sabbie
  Balanced Forum: Mister No Nonsense 8 2,045 08-08-2015 01:32 AM
Last Post: Snow White
  Forum Trolling Enrico 23 3,843 21-07-2015 06:48 PM
Last Post: yourexiscomingbackhonest
  Forum's Been Down Ella Hardy 7 2,304 10-11-2014 03:02 AM
Last Post: jmpsychicservices
  my bb forum gabriel 12 3,736 02-07-2013 06:08 PM
Last Post: gabriel
Thumbs Up Too Much Back Stabbing on this Forum Hangingpants 17 2,893 16-06-2013 12:35 AM
Last Post: chrisw316
Sad A question for the more rational on the forum! chrisw316 22 3,613 07-05-2013 08:47 PM
Last Post: lolly