Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum quiet
25-03-2018, 03:11 AM
RE: Forum quiet
(25-03-2018 02:59 AM)Purple2 Wrote:  Exactly Virgo. Also what I forgot to mention earlier is that police forces and FBI have been known to use psychics for complex investigations. There have been psychic who have been proven to have be significant in helping in these investigations. There is also lots of famous prophets who predicted things years and years before they happened and before they would have had an any idea at all of what the future would hold. I think these phone lines probably haven’t helped the skeptics tbh but let’s not be so short sighted to put everyone in the same box.

My Dad went to a spiritualist church once, (which is odd for him, as he is a typical bloke in that he doesn't like to admit he believes), and nothing came through for him, but towards the end of the service, the medium went to a lady sat in the audience.. The medium told her that her daughter was coming through and she was coming to say that yes, she was murdered by that exact man, but he got away with it to make it look like suicide or an accident etc. Can't remember the exact details.. But the medium said so much stuff that reasoned with the woman that she burst into tears, and the medium asked her to stay after church so she could explain more in private to the lady. I've been to spiritualist church readings in an audience and it is not barnum good psychology statements.. It's very fine detail that nobody could guess off of the top of their head..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2018, 03:16 AM
(25-03-2018 03:11 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 02:59 AM)Purple2 Wrote:  Exactly Virgo. Also what I forgot to mention earlier is that police forces and FBI have been known to use psychics for complex investigations. There have been psychic who have been proven to have be significant in helping in these investigations. There is also lots of famous prophets who predicted things years and years before they happened and before they would have had an any idea at all of what the future would hold. I think these phone lines probably haven’t helped the skeptics tbh but let’s not be so short sighted to put everyone in the same box.

My Dad went to a spiritualist church once, (which is odd for him, as he is a typical bloke in that he doesn't like to admit he believes), and nothing came through for him, but towards the end of the service, the medium went to a lady sat in the audience.. The medium told her that her daughter was coming through and she was coming to say that yes, she was murdered by that exact man, but he got away with it to make it look like suicide or an accident etc. Can't remember the exact details.. But the medium said so much stuff that reasoned with the woman that she burst into tears, and the medium asked her to stay after church so she could explain more in private to the lady. I've been to spiritualist church readings in an audience and it is not barnum good psychology statements.. It's very fine detail that nobody could guess off of the top of their head..

Exactly I mean let’s be serious it’s not that common to pass away in that way so that’s specific not generic detail.. I don’t need anyone telling me that I’m the stupid one for believing...in fact I feel worse for the people who don’t believe anything. It’s such an amazing experience to be able to connect to the higher forces. I’m also not dumb either I know when someone is crap that’s why I don’t say a lot so they bring the evidence to me. X
25-03-2018, 03:18 AM
(25-03-2018 03:16 AM)Purple2 Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 03:11 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  

Exactly I mean let’s be serious it’s not that common to pass away in that way so that’s specific not generic detail.. I don’t need anyone telling me that I’m the stupid one for believing...in fact I feel worse for the people who don’t believe anything. It’s such an amazing experience to be able to connect to the higher forces. I’m also not dumb either I know when someone is crap that’s why I don’t say a lot so they bring the evidence to me. X

If I'm honest let's all face it - life's tough, and to think that it's game over after life - I'd find that very depressing indeed. X
25-03-2018, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2018 10:00 AM by Virgo1.)
I think that you and I will have to agree to disagree. Gut feelings isn't common sense possibly when you feel something strongly. I have had gut feelings and everyone around me told me not to worry I'm over thinking and yes I was right.. You'll always have your opinion and it's your choice, but I'm always going to stick by mine as I've seen enough evidence for myself. The comment I made about the lady who's daughter was murdered is just one of my many points...
25-03-2018, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2018 10:21 AM by Virgo1.)
(25-03-2018 10:15 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 02:45 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  I think it's really unfair when people come on here and say ALL psychics are charlatans. There are a few genuine ones out there, I've been told by psychics things I didn't want to hear over the years that I didn't realise at the time, and they've came to be true. I've been told nice, happy things and they've come true. They won't always come true, as like Martino said - psychics would be God's or millionaires. Alot of psychics over the years have been found to be fake and had controversy around them like Sally Morgan and Derek Acorah, but it can't be said that ALL psychics are not real. Like Purple2, I've had experiences for myself without consulting psychics AND evidence from psychics that they possibly could not have known/predicted from guesses... Obviously I can't come on here and prove it, but you also cannot prove that psychics are all wrong. You're going off of the shite ones from PS and ATA who will be crap middle aged women making money and time on their hands who fancy earning a bit of quid by keeping customers sweet and telling them lullabys from the tarot books or agony aunt advice... Really good mediums can be found in spiritual churches or as I said - they have their own private website... If they weren't good, they'd soon be out of business.

You say that there is no proof that psychics exist or can have their powers - there also is no proof that there isn't. They reached a stalemate on that, it's controversial. Either people believe or strongly don't - like yourself.

Gut feelings are spiritual - when we feel something is up strongly, that's spirit and our energies telling us something is not right. Also as the other member said - we do connect to each other energetically with cords.. Ever looked at someone and just knew what they were thinking/feeling? Been in the middle of doing things and you begin to think of a certain person suddenly out of nowhere? That person is thinking of you also, so it was pulling on your cords..

I have no problem in people not believing, but to come onto a psychic forum as others say and slate us saying we need to see doctors is a little step too far. You have your right to opinion and we have our right to ours..

I had a stage act in which I did 'mediumship'. It was a con. I didn't realise before I did it how easy it was.

As a 'True' medium, I was hopeless - a real disaster and I wouldn't have survived. As a con artists, I did more than survive. I thrived. People really believed in me, in spite of me telling them it was a con. It made no difference. They still believed because I couldn't have known all those things that I told them. Yet, miraculously, I did tell them. You see, people believe in psychics because they want to, not because it's true.

The idea is to follow evidence. Look at that evidence in a dispassionate and analytical way. Assess its quality. Assess its frequency. Think about all possible explanations, not just the one you want to believe. Put the evidence into context, such as how we know how the rest of the world works and are our theories consistent.

When you follow the psychic evidence, it leads to it being a con.

Someone in a previous post asked if I had tested every psychic?

Obviously not.

However, I don't have to throw every weight in the world off every cliff in the world to understand that the next weight I throw off the next cliff will fall downwards and not up. That's because we understand gravity.

Okay. Whatever. Well as I said, we'll agree to disagree. Remember that you're on a psychic forum. I've seen my evidence and I think we'll just be going around in circles here, so best of luck with everything.
25-03-2018, 10:38 AM
(25-03-2018 10:33 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 10:19 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  Okay. Whatever.

Translation: I don't understand what you are talking about.

(25-03-2018 10:19 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  Well as I said, we'll agree to disagree.

Translation: I don't agree because I don't want to because that would change my world view and that would mean that I've been wrong all these years.

(25-03-2018 10:19 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  Remember that you're on a psychic forum. I've seen my evidence

I presented my customers with evidence too and it was a con too.

(25-03-2018 10:19 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  and I think we'll just be going around in circles here, so best of luck with everything.

Translation: I don't want to listen anymore. I want to be left alone to believe what I want to believe.

You have a nice life.

See there's a difference between being an adult and agreeing look we have different opinions and then there's a difference between continuing and becoming quite rude. I tried being polite to you. I have seen evidence. A member who's come onto a forum won't change my views. Ever. Sorry mate. You also have no proof that they DON'T exist.. I can't understand why you're wasting so much energy on a psychic forum if you don't believe in it all.. If you want to live a depressing life and not believe - your choice. I will believe whatever I like, thank you. The other 2 users disagree with you, also.
25-03-2018, 10:47 AM
(25-03-2018 10:44 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 09:59 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  I think that you and I will have to agree to disagree. Gut feelings isn't common sense possibly when you feel something strongly. I have had gut feelings and everyone around me told me not to worry I'm over thinking and yes I was right.. You'll always have your opinion and it's your choice, but I'm always going to stick by mine as I've seen enough evidence for myself. The comment I made about the lady who's daughter was murdered is just one of my many points...

And you dismissed all the times you were wrong because, er .... because they didn't happen to fit with your world view.

If we say enough things, some will be right, not because we have a gift but because of probabilities. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. But, the fact is that, most of the time, it's wrong. Telling the correct time twice a day is not a good indicator of its broken state.

I am not wrong. That is your OPINION, that is not fact. The fact that you can't respect our views and our beliefs but we must respect yours shows what sort of person you are. I told you quite early on in this chat that I respect your views, but I had my own - but weren't saying you were wrong. Respect my views that I want to believe in these things. I have seen evidence for myself. I've said let's drop it and you want to carry on.. You're either bored or really lonely..
25-03-2018, 11:02 AM
(25-03-2018 10:57 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 10:38 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 10:33 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 10:19 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  Okay. Whatever.

Translation: I don't understand what you are talking about.

(25-03-2018 10:19 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  Well as I said, we'll agree to disagree.

Translation: I don't agree because I don't want to because that would change my world view and that would mean that I've been wrong all these years.

(25-03-2018 10:19 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  Remember that you're on a psychic forum. I've seen my evidence

(25-03-2018 10:19 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  and I think we'll just be going around in circles here, so best of luck with everything.

Translation: I don't want to listen anymore. I want to be left alone to believe what I want to believe.

You have a nice life.

See there's a difference between being an adult and agreeing look we have different opinions and then there's a difference between continuing and becoming quite rude. I tried being polite to you. I have seen evidence. A member who's come onto a forum won't change my views. Ever. Sorry mate. You also have no proof that they DON'T exist.. I can't understand why you're wasting so much energy on a psychic forum if you don't believe in it all.. If you want to live a depressing life and not believe - your choice. I will believe whatever I like, thank you. The other 2 users disagree with you, also.

When I reply to a post, I'm not necessarily responding to the poster per se. Don't forget, others are reading these post too and my response is as much for their benefit as the poster. Also don't forget that some people read posts but, for whatever reason, don't post, even though they may want to. You are, of course, free to ignore my response.

Yes, there are two other posters that disagree with me. This is a ploy used by people to support a weak argument in the hope that it will be believed. Numbers are no indicator of truth. Once upon a time, the majority of the Human Race believed that the Earth was flat. The majority was wrong there too.

It is not my intention to be rude. However, it is my intention to respond to the original post and to any other posters in a way that I see fit. This is called DEBATE and FREE SPEECH.

But when I said okay let's agree to disagree, you became rude and wouldn't agree on that. Yes, you're quite right. You're entitled to free speech. But we also are allowed ours, we have to respect your views without becoming personal, and vice versa without saying someone who believes needs help etc.
25-03-2018, 11:20 AM
(25-03-2018 11:12 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 10:47 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 10:44 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 09:59 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  I think that you and I will have to agree to disagree. Gut feelings isn't common sense possibly when you feel something strongly. I have had gut feelings and everyone around me told me not to worry I'm over thinking and yes I was right.. You'll always have your opinion and it's your choice, but I'm always going to stick by mine as I've seen enough evidence for myself. The comment I made about the lady who's daughter was murdered is just one of my many points...

And you dismissed all the times you were wrong because, er .... because they didn't happen to fit with your world view.

If we say enough things, some will be right, not because we have a gift but because of probabilities. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. But, the fact is that, most of the time, it's wrong. Telling the correct time twice a day is not a good indicator of its broken state.

I am not wrong. That is your OPINION, that is not fact. The fact that you can't respect our views and our beliefs but we must respect yours shows what sort of person you are. I told you quite early on in this chat that I respect your views, but I had my own - but weren't saying you were wrong. Respect my views that I want to believe in these things. I have seen evidence for myself. I've said let's drop it and you want to carry on.. You're either bored or really lonely..

I merely pointed out that it's remarkably easy to con people. We, as Human Beings, are equally good at conning ourselves too. We don't like to hear such things, but it's true nonetheless.

I don't ask that you respect my views. I have given you FACTS. I was able to cause people to believe even when I told them it was a con. Yet, they continued to believe.

I can assure you that I'm neither bored nor lonely. That said, you are posting too, are you not? Are you bored or lonely?

But they aren't facts... They're opinion.... Science can't prove that it doesn't exist... I'm not bored or lonely at all. I'm on a forum for psychics and mediums which I believe in. I'm not a Muslim or Jewish for example, but wouldn't go onto a forum about them and slate them and say that what they believe in is wrong and they need to see a doctor... Now who's bored or lonely?!
25-03-2018, 11:24 AM
(25-03-2018 11:21 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 11:02 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 10:57 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 10:38 AM)Virgo1 Wrote:  
(25-03-2018 10:33 AM)Toldyouso Wrote:  Translation: I don't understand what you are talking about.

You have a nice life.

When I reply to a post, I'm not necessarily responding to the poster per se. Don't forget, others are reading these post too and my response is as much for their benefit as the poster. Also don't forget that some people read posts but, for whatever reason, don't post, even though they may want to. You are, of course, free to ignore my response.

Yes, there are two other posters that disagree with me. This is a ploy used by people to support a weak argument in the hope that it will be believed. Numbers are no indicator of truth. Once upon a time, the majority of the Human Race believed that the Earth was flat. The majority was wrong there too.

It is not my intention to be rude. However, it is my intention to respond to the original post and to any other posters in a way that I see fit. This is called DEBATE and FREE SPEECH.

But when I said okay let's agree to disagree, you became rude and wouldn't agree on that. Yes, you're quite right. You're entitled to free speech. But we also are allowed ours, we have to respect your views without becoming personal, and vice versa without saying someone who believes needs help etc.

Why one Earth would I agree to disagree? I don't agree with you.

You think it rude not to agree to disagree?

How odd, indeed.

That's no basis for a debate. That way resolves nothing.

That isn't free speech. That closes down debate and free speech.

People go to so-called psychics and become hooked on readings and suffer financially. They don't realise how easy it is to con people and be conned. There are possibly some people who are considering contacting a psychic and are reading or will read these posts. Are they not deserving of hearing an opinion which differs from yours before they walk gentle into that good night?

You are very rude when others disagree with you. The fact of the matter is, you've come onto a forum about this phenomenon, so expect that - people are going to believe in it?! You are so up your own arse that you won't allow others to have an opinion. At least I was polite and said I respect your disbeliefs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forum down? Mr R Sole 3 613 05-05-2017 07:18 AM
Last Post: savvy
  Forum is dead Carr987 16 2,495 09-05-2016 12:00 PM
Last Post: chrys
  SPS forum up and running again. jaks111 31 6,071 03-04-2016 04:36 PM
Last Post: veryconfused
  a tarot card for the forum Dr Healy Feely 3 889 08-08-2015 07:46 PM
Last Post: Sabbie
  Balanced Forum: Mister No Nonsense 8 2,045 08-08-2015 01:32 AM
Last Post: Snow White
  Forum Trolling Enrico 23 3,843 21-07-2015 06:48 PM
Last Post: yourexiscomingbackhonest
  Forum's Been Down Ella Hardy 7 2,304 10-11-2014 03:02 AM
Last Post: jmpsychicservices
  my bb forum gabriel 12 3,736 02-07-2013 06:08 PM
Last Post: gabriel
Thumbs Up Too Much Back Stabbing on this Forum Hangingpants 17 2,893 16-06-2013 12:35 AM
Last Post: chrisw316
Sad A question for the more rational on the forum! chrisw316 22 3,613 07-05-2013 08:47 PM
Last Post: lolly