Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Meaning is a Jumper That You Have to Knit Yourself
30-04-2018, 07:58 AM
Meaning is a Jumper That You Have to Knit Yourself
Studies have shown that people with jetpacks were on average 92.4% much happier with their lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psaCM1j9LEM

Casually Explained

This is just my 2 cents, but I think the tricky thing for most of us is grappling with the idea that meaning and inspiration are deeply intrinsic and spontaneous, but you are 100% responsible for creating the circumstances where you'll experience them. Most people stumble their way into something motivating by chance, like meeting their SO at a party; someone at work invites them rock climbing and they love it; or getting into an actually enjoyable career because their parents made them do the degree, but if you're waiting for those things to happen I really think it's a defensive/losing play. I think the most practical thing you can do is deciding to take the initiative/responsibility and invite your friends out to try new things, do a hobby alone, host a party, travel, watch/listen to inspirational people at the top of a field to see where you'd like to be, really just taste things that might grip you, and then once you see something bigger down the line, it's just a matter of figuring out how to progress there and that's meaningful. Even if you're paralyzed by choice, then tell yourself you'll try something just to prove it's not the right thing to do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply