Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why was the thread about last night's show deleted?
04-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Why was the thread about last night's show deleted?
A thread was started by Mike last night about the fact that hardly any texts we're answered and that it was all caller comments. This means Irish viewers don't get a look in. Also at the top of the show it was announced that because Irish viewers cannot send in a caller comment, that our texts would be prioritized...yet I saw no Irish texter, infact the very few that we're read out, we're from registered users (in Ireland we cannot register) and from someone from Free View. I myself sent a text in at 10.20 then again at 2am to John and got nadda! Four euro basically given to Psychic Today just for the heck of it eh? Why was the thread deleted Admin? Or am I missing it somewhere??? Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2012, 12:57 AM
RE: Why was the thread about last night's show deleted?
I just saw that it was taken down - saw it earlier today, was going to add to it tonight. It wasn't good for Irish texters last night at all
04-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Why on earth would they take that down? I've seen far worse talked about on here! We we're just telling the truth!
04-02-2012, 01:03 AM
I read the thread earlier and I don't think anything slanderous was said. As Kiltgirl has said, similar comments have been made before to PTV on these boards and they have never been deleted.

Admin - Could you please tell us why the thread was taken down?
04-02-2012, 01:54 AM
Maybe the poster removed it? I think there name was MikeSmithfan?

There wasn't anything bad in it, just an accurate representation of how the show played out on air.
04-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Eridanus...perhaps mikesmithfan just changed his mind?
06-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry for deleting the original thread, I only wanted to delete my post, but I deleted the entire thread by accident.

Just want to explain, I'm new to this forum, and I didn't want anyone from that particular show taking any offense from my post. I firmly believe it was an issue with the shows management / productions team, and I'm still quite annoyed at how Irish viewers are treated most of the time.

Again, sorry, but it was my first negative post, and I hate to stir up trouble or get anybody into trouble, especially when the psychics featured on that particular show we're talking about have helped me with their readings in the past.

My honest opinion on the issue at the end of the day is that it was down to bad management / production team on the show, who obviously instructed the presenter to say Irish texts would be the priority, and then only answer 20+ texts the entire 6 hour show, none of which were an Irish text. The presenter / psychics have nothing to do with the texts put through to the screen etc.

But thank you for all the support on the issue!
06-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, mikesmithfan we were all ready to cause a mutiny as we thought your thread had been removed deliberately lol Smile

You aren't the first on these boards to complain about PTV missing out texts or saying they'll prioritise something and then don't. I think PTV need to be told about these things particularly by Irish viewers because as you have mentioned, you can't use voicemail and then don't get Mystic if you're text doesn't get answered so it is only fair that if PTV say they're going to do something that they do it.
13-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Same thing again a few nights ago!

I text in about 5mins into the evening show, included that particular psychics topic, then all of a sudden it's 1:20am and I'm still waiting, so I re-send my text with the other 2 featured psychics names, in the hopes that somebody will answer my question, then it's 3am and nothing!

And what's more frustrating was that the psychic I text in to had trouble with the earpiece / headphones on voice mails TWICE and they just sat and rambled on chatting about nothing while the crew repaired the headphones! Why wasn't any texts answered during this time?!?

It is becoming increasing difficult for Irish viewers to get involved with the show, texting or calling the phones lines is the only way for us to get involved with the show, no voice mails, and no mystic service if your text doesn't get through (although from the sounds of it, we don't want to get a mystic text anyway!).

Complete and utter disaster!

In my opinion if voice mails are the priority (and seem to have been for quite some time now), and keeping in mind Irish viewers can't leave a voice mail, then Irish texts should be the priority over other texts. I'm sure this would frustrate some of the UK viewers / posters on here, but it's just my opinion on how to keep everyone involved in the show equally and fairly!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ally last night and prediction off Aldo White lady 3 1,319 10-07-2012 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dom
  The testimonial thread that PTV won't post yourexiscomingbackhonest 96 17,488 18-03-2012 04:44 PM
Last Post: yourexiscomingbackhonest
  Love night Free Text Eridanus 1 1,065 03-12-2011 05:49 PM
Last Post: Dream Catcher
  The 'Positive' Thread!! Eridanus 18 4,042 02-08-2011 08:57 AM
Last Post: flamered