Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PTV PLEASE sort this out!!! It's not acceptable anymore!
14-02-2012, 12:07 PM
PTV PLEASE sort this out!!! It's not acceptable anymore!
Hi everyone,

I have already posted previously about this issue, but wanted to start a new thread with the full story up to date...

I'm an Irish viewer (as some of you may already know), and wanted to outline the issues facing Irish viewers for interacting with the show.

We can only text in, and only text in as anon, we can't register a screen name, we can't leave a voice mail either, so texting is our only way to interact with anybody working on the desk on the show. (Other than calling in the phones lines, but I'd rather keep my money for calling privately outside of the show)

I had text into an evening show about 6 mins into the show, to my chosen psychic, and included their topic for the show. This was the show I posted about previously where Tamara only answered x1 text, John Healey answered x0 texts and I believe it was Holly who got x15 answered towards the end of the show. At the beginning of the show, the presenter specifically said that Irish texts would be the priority and voice mails (UK) would be the priority, Irish texts because of the ways we can interact outlined above. None of the texts put through on that show were from Irish viewers, as they all had screen names on the texts. So 6 hours later, and €2 down, I got nothing in return, as Irish viewers don't even get the Mystic texts back to your phone if your text doesn't get read out on screen!

A few days later I text in to an afternoon show, same again, sent text within 10 mins of the show starting, I text in to a chosen psychic, again including their topic for the show and sat for another full show waiting for nothing to appear on the show!

Another few days later I text in to an evening show, picked my psychic, didn't go with the topic, but had my own question, as most viewers do, same again, 6 hours later... NOTHING! I even re-sent my text with the other psychics names and it still didn't get through! What frustrated me further was that the psychic I sent my text for was answering voice mails when the earpiece / headphones broke, so they stopped the show, and instead of answering some texts during this time, they just rambled on having a chat while the crew fixed the headphones, and then continued on with voice mails!

Then on yesterday's afternoon show, I text in at the beginning again, Valentine's Day seemed to be the topic, and I had my question based around that and once again.. NOTHING! This time somewhere between 7 and 7:30pm they put up on screen to send more texts in to the show! I couldn't believe it, as I had waited already 4 hours, then by the last 30 mins of the show all of a sudden the Trinidad texts became the priority!! And what's further frustrating about that show was that x3 texts in particular were answered, then the viewers basically re-worded them, re-sent them and all x3 texts got answered AGAIN on the desk for a SECOND TIME!

So in summary, I've text in x5 times to x4 different shows, with different questions for different psychics. Ended up around €10 out of pocket! Text at the beginning of each show, only to find NOTHING GETS THROUGH! I'm out of money and that's the end of that!

I'd really love to hear back from somebody from the show about this, and if they could explain what is happening with the texts, and in particular, Irish texts. Again, if Trinidad texts get the priority, then Irish texts should get a priority also, for the reasons I outlined at the top in regards to being able to interact with the show.

I understand that a lot of people who post on here are having the same problems, whether they are Irish or UK viewers / texters, and I think it's time someone told us what the deal is!

I'd just like some clarity from the show on how they run the texts that are sent into the show, if they get to choose what texts are used and which ones are not, and (even though it's supposed to be bad), why Irish texters never get a free Mystic reply when their texts isn't used on the show, and just how they organize the texts in general, as they are clearly not put on screen in the order they are received.

Would like to hear back from other posters too and if you are all having the same problems!

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2012, 12:34 PM
RE: PTV PLEASE sort this out!!! It's not acceptable anymore!
To Mikesmithfan and all other Irish users,

We were very disappointed to read your comments about your lack of interaction on the show and we decided something needed to be done about it!!!

Following your comments on this forum, we have developed the services we are able to offer you and are currently putting the finishing touches to a voicemail line for Irish users.

We agree this has been a long time coming and we hope to have this launched for this coming weekend if not, the start of next week.

We understand that your ability to interact with our show has been limited, but we hope once the voicemail service is launched it will be much easier for you to have a reading on the show.

We also have some other improvements to come in the future so watch this space!

Love and light x

Psychic Today - Leading the way
Broadcasting on the SKY platform since 2004. Formerly Psychic TV
Sky Channel 886 | http://www.psychictoday.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2012, 12:48 PM
PT interesting you say you will do this. You have just had laura daligan up on the desk and she did 7 voice mails in one go and no texts. Then she went back to the phone!!!! Please can you say if you are not doing any texts for that section in advance then no money is wasted!!
14-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Yep, I think the last 5 shows that John Healey has been on i've sent texts that haven't been answered. They haven't even shown up as options on the 3rd Eye board, so I take it that means they already know who's questions will/won't be answered as soon as they get them. Though i'm not an irish viewer and can send a voicemail if I want to, I understand your frustration at watching the whole damn night waiting for nothing. If you're not going to answer my question, at least send me my damn Mystic response before 3am so I can go to bed.

"So close, no matter how far...couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trust in who we are...and Nothing Else Matters"
14-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Hello Viewers,

On TV our readers give readings on caller comments and text questions. We try to get through as many of these as possible per show, but unfortunately it can get incredibly busy on the shows, which prevents our teams from responding to every question.

We do try to announce if texts/voice mails will be prioritised, but this may not be the case for the whole show, it may just be for a specific hour for example. The producers make these decisions and try to insure this is communicated clearly to our viewers.

We realise it can be frustrating when you are waiting to see/hear your message on the show and it's taking a while, but we do try to work on a first come, first served basis to keep it as fair as possible.

If you are particularly unhappy with an experiences on Psychic Today please call us on 0844 357 0298 or email at cs@psychictoday.com

Psychic Today x

Psychic Today - Leading the way
Broadcasting on the SKY platform since 2004. Formerly Psychic TV
Sky Channel 886 | http://www.psychictoday.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Psychic Today, your service is getting worse and seems you seem to have favourite texters or voice mailers. How come someone is allowed to text the show 4 times and all texts are answered on live show when others who sent only one gets sent to the Mystic. Same registered name and text altered slightly. Mystic responses are just a waste of time and space as they are always negative and no way near to what top psychics have said.

Some of the psychics also don't answer the question and go off the track and it's more logic. Some psychics don't even spend a minute on a text or voice mail. I think you should have a timer on the screen for viewers to be fair.
I once watched a show and the psychic was on Option 1 waiting for a call and waving to the viewers. When they came to the desk, they said they had loads of calls and it was regulars calling for update as things have happened, how can you expect one to believe that.

I understand that you are getting busy but with the poor service you are creating alot of frustration for the viewers and then expect us to call the customer service line or email the show, isn't that creating more work for you?????? How will you cope with viewers complains when you already are busy.

It's just simple basics that if the presenters and readers would stop laughing and waffling about other stuff and their personal life and get on with work, then all viewers will be happy and your customer services will not be hassled with complains.

Please consider this response as constructive and try and help the viewers as they are spending their money to get guidance for an issue you may have but how can they trust you again when you creating more frustration. That is not spiritual, is it !!!

Thanks.
14-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I am sorry PT but I do use the service quite abit and i have no issue with caller comment from my point of view but in the past I have text early in the show, luckily I have sky plus and tape it if feeling tired of waiting and on more than one occassion it has appeared silly o hour. So not unless you have serious major texts rec'd in the first 10 mins of the show I do believe what you have said is hard to believe to some of us that has experianced this. Also I have to say there is an excessive amount of waffle from the front desk at times, I remember one with Holly and Tamara were doing desk while presenter was off for a break and OMG it was like 2 school girls talking gibberish and giggling for what seemed hrs. It is good hearig how to do stuff and what things mean and a bit of banter but i bet if you timed how much was readings and how much was useless banter I am sure we can all guess what would win. I will say though when I have complained about the odd thing in the past you have come good to try to make it up, so i'm hoping you take these comments as constructive.
15-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Yeah, sorry i'm not buying the 'first come, first served' thing seeing as I text in at the start of the shows and they still don't show up. I'm just glad the reader I use can be booked privately so I don't have to use your service anymore.

"So close, no matter how far...couldn't be much more from the heart. Forever trust in who we are...and Nothing Else Matters"
15-02-2012, 04:51 PM
This is why I rarely text anymore or even watch the show. WAY too much money down the drain. I've said it before and I'll say it again...if it doesn't get aired....then DONT charge for it. Simple as.....mikesmithfan has CLEARLY pointed out the systems flaws and I'm sorry PT but you haven't answered this problem at all. When at 7.30 the presenter gives the all clear for more texts to be sent in, and you've already sent your text in 4 hours earlier...there's clearly a problem....and it certainly isn't a first come first served basis. Never has been and I've been watching the show for 4 years now. Irish viewers have been treated the same way in all that time. And adding a voicemail service for us? That will be great when production crew and presenters laugh at our accents...don't think they won't! Which is fine, if the call isn't serious...but I can GUARANTEE giving us Voicemail option...though great idea in principal....will not in any way be beneficial to us in any way. I hope I'm wrong......but I am VERY glad I rarely text or watch anymore. 4 years of a lot of non answered texts is a lot of money....but I was desperate (and very stupid). And believe me mikesmitfan....we used to get a Mystic reply...I would pay NOT to get one of those ridiculous answers!
15-02-2012, 07:55 PM
I agree with all of the above. I have lots way to much money sending in texts to either never get them answered and the presenters still requesting viewers to send in texts, or getting woken in the dead of night by the mystic service. Talking of which, one of the main reasons I will never send a text in again to the show, is due to the mystic service answers, always asking if you want more info. And on one occasion I said yes and the second text had like 2 lines and asked if I wanted even more info (of course at the end of each text it was left on a kind of cliff hanger). So they are using the mystic service to tout for text readings! Which is bad enough but when you never wanted a mystic service reading in the first place (as you had text the show with 6 hours left to run) then it becomes a complete joke. PT should not allow presenters to request viewers to send in texts, giving the impression there is room for them, if it is not the case, or if they still have a backlog of texts to get through. Simple really.