Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For those involved with an ex
15-02-2012, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 07:40 PM by yourexiscomingbackhonest.)
For those involved with an ex
Can you be honest and say if you had never had a psychic reading how would you be viewing your situation now. Some people have had no contact for years (or so I have read so without the hoper readers how would you percieve your situation. I think the majority would not only see it as pretty negative but many would have walked away and moved on some time ago. This begs the next question, just how empowering are readings. Anything that takes our own power away could be deemed to be pretty negative.

PS I did say I wouldn't post but on reflection I don't think my testimonial thread was as bad as made out by a few on here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2012, 08:04 PM
RE: For those involved with an ex
Yay! welcome back "yourexiscomingbackhonest"!! Your right, there was nothing at all wrong with the testomonial thread, most people here can see that anyway.

Again more food for thought regarding how empowering readings are really. I know with differenet scenarios as I have asked about a few very important issues in my life, I think I would of done things differently or not suffered so much with waiting for non productive predictions to occur - this is benefit of hindsight of course. But whilst I get your point, IF there was a psychic who could actually get predictions right (I don't mean little general things) but in relation to what your calling about, then maybe this would not be a question to ponder over? so for me the question always comes back to, how positive or negative are psychic readings in terms of empowering me, in light of the lack of predictions? Hope this makes sense.
15-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Can I ask Daisy when your ex came back did you ever find out if the psychics had how he was feeling correct. I know it is difficult to ask directly
15-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi good to see you back, I didn't see anything wrong with your other thread.

I think your post is interesting, however there are many reasons an ex is an ex and its not always because someone has done wrong to the other, all sorts of circumstances cause people to part but I am not saying anything we don't all know. My separation is due to a jealous cow causing problems and spreading lies which I did not deal with very well, too in love and scared of getting hurt.

In my case however my ex was actually the one who started giving me, what now seems like false hope and still is but it leads to nothing, which started me on this bout of psychic reading addiction and the psychics prolonged it. I would like to say that I do not think the vast majority of psychics have any malice or ill will to us at all apart from the ones that are obviously incapable of validating whatsoever. Years ago I used to have, what I thought of as regular readings, face to face about every 6 months both psychic and medium and never had a problem with it but then my ex started to give me every indication he wanted to sort things out and come back so I tried to open the door to him and when he called me this idiot was on the phone to PTV having a reading. I had initially had a reading to see if what I thought was happening was true and sure enough my addiction started, if I hadn't been on the phone I can assure you we would be back together and happy for 3 years now, how foolish do I feel :-(

I have often thought, particularly of late, about the decisions and actions I have taken over this 3 year period some very important and potentially damaging actions, as we must not forget there is another person involved in this who is unaware of all this advice I had been seeking and I ponder would I have taken these actions if it wasn't for the readings, sadly and scarily I am not so sure. I always tried to go with my gut but when your being sold a fairy tale that you want so much this most definitely has you seeing things from that perspective which is possibly not the reality of the situation but I can't answer would I have done these things if I had never had a reading as I just don't know but I suspect not!

I wonder if you have hit the nail on the head possibly the most important advice to heed, try hard not to let anyone take your power from you or have power over you it leaves you floundering holding on to any little bit of hope you can find. False hope is worse than no hope IMO.

I have certainly not given up at the first hurdle nor have I sat still waiting for him to arrive on my doorstep, I found the strength to take control but all to no avail even though all the usual names spoken about with admiration on this forum all tell me he is coming back, soo many dates have come and gone, wedding dates, pregnancies you name it all gone past thankfully I have gained my power back and if he turns up, guess what I will post it on here immediately LOL!

Something I would also like to pass on to some, too many times you're told to find the positive however negativity is also positive as you can learn from it, it teaches you and there is non much more powerful than learning.
15-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Fantastic post Indigo. And the best thing? It didn't cost me 1.53 a minute
16-02-2012, 07:57 AM
I was never much into psychics, had a face to face reading about 10 years ago ans she was spot on actually, but i never lived my life by it, just was a nice surprise that what she said came true.
However, 3 years ago life did a 180 on me, my ex left me and i lost my perfect job of 10 years!
Needless to say i was very low, but never ever would i have called a psychic, i see them in the back of magazines all the time and always thought 'crap'!!
My friends mum was a little addicted, but i didnt know this at the time, and 1 evening at my friends house, her mum was asking how i was doing with everything, and said have you ever called a psychic? I said no, and she recommeneded a lady who for her had been good and said it might help me to get some clarity on where i was heading next.
Thought about it and said sure i will give it a go, could help.
I could not have been more wrong, first reading was so great and uplifting and positive, i cried with releief, my ex was coming back and i would be in a new job soon and i didnt need to worry, but after a week or so, i felt the need to call again and get the 'high' of being told all that good news. well long story short, this continued for 2 years, lost all my savings i had calling them, none of the psychic were right, my ex never did come back and i waited 2 and a half years for a new job. I was in a bad place at the time and i felt i needed this like a therapy i guess. I eventually realised what my gut had been telling me for a long time, that my ex was not ever coming back, and i simply had to leave the past behind and move on. im in a much better place now, havent had a reading for a few months, and only then its if i need a simple question answered, never ask about love, as a prediction regarding love has never come true, and believe me ive spoken to alot of psychics!!
Anyone, it just goes to show, how being recommended to me led me into a whole 2 year nasty circle of a huge waste of money, and nothing to come out of it at all.
Im not blaming anyone, but i did feel so let down, and angry at myself for wasting so much money and time waiting for someone who deep down i guess i knew would never be back. Took me a while to figure it out though lol. Lesson learned!!
I guess whats for us wont pass us by, and that kinda how i live now, if its meant to be it will happen, regardless of what anyone says.
On a brighter note hope everyone has a fab day, im off to the other side of the city to pick up my impounded car and pay £500 to get it back, not impressed 1 bit, but positive thinking and all that.
Some serious cosmic ordering will be done today, in the hope to recoup some of the said 500 in another positive way *fingers crossed*
I havent seen this hour of the day in a long time *yawns with very tired eyes*
WE live and learn hey Smile
Blessings to all
xxx
16-02-2012, 10:14 AM
I think Ive touched on some of this in best advice thread. I think it is a crucial post. It is about balance, which when one is crazed or low seems impossible to maintain or achieve!!!! But, a couple of readings may give insight into the feelings and issues, relying on predictions is precarious. Then the balance has to be about the readings only being a part of the contact with the person involved..not a substitute. We talk of triangles, but for me a psychic shouldn't become the other person in the relationship!!!!!!!!This keeps it real and earthed. Stepping back taking a reality check focusing on other things which you do have power over. And being more honest with friends so you /one doesn't go into that spiral of secrecy and additional lonliness, whereby it is only the psychics that 'understand' is dangerous in relation to addiction.
My situation is a little odd as it is a stalled beginning!!! thanks to the global crash. And some psychics have been responsible, checking on the time and being responsibly caring in a realistic fashion. And those most real have touched on the romance and feeling but the difficulty. So I feel the choices in my hands and can see the options. My readings with Aldo have been brilliantly helpful in painting the landscape. But...I am now stepping away from readings as I recently had too many and I felt polluted, wretched, broke and disempowered also becuase i was not listening to my gut and instinct which is pretty savy and works well for me and I've opened up to freinds more. If you look at the best advice post i have put an article link. Michelle Knight states very clearly that a psychic cannot guarantee an ex coming back...
16-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I agree with above post and I have stepped away from readings. PT is a complete rip off and the hole in your financial situation adds to the issues you already have in your life. I now talk to my close mates rather than a psychic and for more guidance and insight I leave it to the universe to bring me what is meant for me. At least that way I am not worried about my financial situation and the all different readings don't mess my head anymore.

I have been having readings for years and years and was becoming an addiction where I was jumping from one reader to the other seeking answers but all said ex is coming back and in a years time you will be living together and get married...3 years gone and still waiting.

I remember reading an article ages ago about how psychics from many years ago worked and were more spiritual and spot on with everything they said but this is the new generation of psychic and it's become more of entertainment and money making scam.

No one know you better than your higher self. So best is to get in tune with your higher self and get your intution stronger and that will guide you and help you make decisions.
16-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I can't say never another reading!!! but wow I need a break...and time to think about how to use readings..and what is empowering and what is not!!!!!!!!! But yes, seems to many psychics now and without real controls on who and what!!! But a main concern for me is not to fill the gap with readings...and it worries me when people write testimonials saying such and such has become such a great friend and thank you for listening, when they are paid..I am uncomfortable with that dynamic..becuase it can demonstrate a blurring of boundaries..of being aware that someone is paid to listen and be friendly. I think also when we take that prediction from spirit, it can seem even worse when we are let down, as it can fell like love let you down and then spirit as well..(obviously this isn't the case just how it can feel).
16-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Another thing that I have to mention is that some of this psychics are mutual friends on facebook and I was gobsmacked when they were on in the studio and in the booth waiting for calls and at the same time I could see some posts from them on facebook. One is a male psychic and one is a female psychic. I thought it was one off but everyone time they in the studio there are posts on facebook especially when they in the studio. Has anyone noticed this, please share????