Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Therapy!!!! Thank you...
15-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Therapy!!!! Thank you...
I wanted to share but no one apart from you all know my addiction. So here goes, 3 days without a psychic reading....early days but for me it's the first 3 days in over a year that I haven't had 1, 2 or more a day to keep me topped up. I wanted to thank you all for sharing your experiences with psychics and psychic lines some good and some bad, and I've shared too. It's been a relief and my therapy since I joined in December 2011, I don't think that I would have come so far without. 12 weeks of fascinating reading of the threads and posts. OMG I've realised that I'm not alone in this.... I'm sure my last reading won't be my last reading lol as I've had lots of brilliant readings with lots of predictions that have materialised, so I'm not a sceptic, but I needed to get a grip!!! A grip for me would be a 20 min reading every week....or is that still being addict!!!
Thank you all, love this forum Smile x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2012, 10:42 PM
RE: Therapy!!!! Thank you...
Congrats! For me it has been a gradual step by step just be assured you are not alone. This forum is what finally woke me up and gave me the strength to start gaining my power back and realising that others are going through exactly what I was and have, is a huge help. I think when us addicted ones Huh can get to a possible reading every 6 months that's when we can finally say we are truly on the last steps of recovery Big Grin When you feel you are slipping go buy a bar of chocolate instead much more healthy or come back on the forum instead.

I try to keep hold of what will be will be and maybe just maybe we are not meant to know all what lies ahead for us. Actually when I feel this way my head hurts less too as its not constantly going over the situation non stop churning, dissecting and analysing till I'm blue in the face. Freedom definitely comes from letting go the difficult part is working out how to let go.

I also keep remembering, I had a face to face reading with Aldo Raffa, he is such a wonderful guy, at the end as we were saying our goodbyes he said quite pointedly STOP HAVING READINGS! Think it says it all!
15-02-2012, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 11:33 PM by cosmicorder.)
Well done Big Grin You will see a positive change in you. I have been on this therapy recently too and have stopped having readings. One reader on PT once asked me if I have been speaking to other psychics and was told to stop asking and having too many readings as too many cooks spoil the broth ConfusedHuhConfusedHuh

I have not only started saving money but am feeling more focused and is allowing me to make my own decisions. This is now allowing me to live the life I want to by taking my own power back. What will be will be. Allow the universe to brings things to you Angel

With the money I would have spent on readings and having to get more frustrated and sleepless nights, I treat myself to a nice pampering or nice wine with dvd and takeaway. That makes me feel better and having started having a good night sleep without having to be woken up by a text from mystic and saves me from having tears too Big Grin
16-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Great good for you now look forward and don't beat your self up!!! once a week is still alot..but maybe you need to wean off slowly. Another forum user I think only now uses one psychic who they have to pre pay and they have a top up of ten minutes in between longer readings. Using one psychic and prepay can allow you and that psychic to keep an eye on over use.. I am also thinking of asking BT to ban the use of premium rate numbers..so I can only prepay with one psychic.

I'm a great advocate also of dance or sport..as this helps replace the adrenalin rush of readings and low confidence and creates a natural high..something like zumba or what ever else suits you as an individual..i pole dance now for fun..as I find it impossible to meditate!! and in pole dancing I have to totally focus and shut everything else out for an hour..otherwise I fall!!!
16-02-2012, 08:11 PM
That is so great, Sunshine that you are on the road to recovery. I am still caught in that vicious circle and hoping, like you, that by being on this forum and reading all the various threads on here that I can get to the stage too where I can learn to trust my own intuition about things instead of continually having readings asking the same questions over and over.
16-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Thank you for all your words of encouragement, it means more than you all will ever know. x

No Daisychain, I didn't make day 4, having a major MAJOR (BTW that wasn't a typo) wobble with the whole of my situation. Tomorrow is a another day. I can't believe that this is ME!!!!! I will start again tomorrow, trying to rebuild 'ME' on the inside to be at least half of what other people see on the outside : someone confident, strong, independant Confused.

"IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED - TRY, TRY AND TRY AGAIN"....till you do Smile
16-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Don't beat yourself up Sunshine, just take things a day at a time is all you can do. You have done really well and as you say tomorrow is another day x
16-02-2012, 10:08 PM
(16-02-2012 08:11 PM)EarthAngel Wrote:  That is so great, Sunshine that you are on the road to recovery. I am still caught in that vicious circle and hoping, like you, that by being on this forum and reading all the various threads on here that I can get to the stage too where I can learn to trust my own intuition about things instead of continually having readings asking the same questions over and over.

Earth Angel, I'm with you all the way....the road to recovery is long.......but I'm sure we'll get there, in fact positive we will Smile
x
16-02-2012, 10:09 PM
(16-02-2012 10:06 PM)EarthAngel Wrote:  Don't beat yourself up Sunshine, just take things a day at a time is all you can do. You have done really well and as you say tomorrow is another day x

Smile x
16-02-2012, 10:14 PM
It is not the readings that people need to recover from, they are simply a symptom from being emotionally trashed over a period of time. Using readers that don't do end of the pier stuff but work to build your esteem will give you greater power eventually. It was Russell Bradley who said 'you can't have a life where you are happy if your ex comes back but devastated if they don't, you can't give someone that much power in your life' I thought it was good, needed advice at the time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  daily mail in shock positive story about alternative therapy dormammu 0 1,383 28-04-2011 01:33 AM
Last Post: dormammu