Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Signs
14-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Signs
What does everyone think of signs? I have googled this but it doesn't bring up anything.
For example - say you want someone back and you keep hearing songs that you both like etc. Would you take that as being a good omen?
Be interested to hear what you think x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Signs
I believe very much in signs and synchronicity... I can't not believe as I have had so many experiences where I have asked for guidance and had clear signs sent my way... recently over a move.... I wasn't sure I was making the right decision, and now I am getting signs left and right and centre about where I want to move to..... lol

However... there is a danger in reading the signs wrongly, or seeing signs in everything... or making things fit as a sign to suit what we want an outcome to be..... so its all about a healthy balance....

Ask for guidance and you will always get it in some way or another..... but with the signs you are getting.... really look at the sign in order to make sense of it.. and with songs, it can be lyrics that are important not always the song... but at the same time ... I find if we are focused on one thing specifically, we will often start to attract things that remind us of that one thing :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
15-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Sometimes we just take more notice because we have been told to watch out for a certain thing ie if you are pregnant you'll see buggies and babies everywhere- note to self they were ALWAYS there its just because your awareness is heightened and you notice things more. Sorry but I am loosing my faith in all this magical...we are all connected garbage.
15-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I thinkk synchronicity means that fate brings you to a certain place/person/situation that has been destined for you and that you could not have avoided. I could be explaining that all wrong- so re signs I guess it supposed to mean that you are meant to see that sign for a specific reason. Perhaps Icemaiden would be better in her explaination than me, also Lee Van Zyl has a lot of knowledge on this topic.

I used to believe in signs but I'm not so sure anymore Sad

Sorry for being negative- but its just an opinion not a fact xxx
15-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Dream Catcher, you are spot on in your meaning of synchronicity and I don't think you're being negative at all x

Signs, in my opinion are what the universe gives to you to show you that you are either on the right path, that what you think/feel is correct or that something good is on the way. I have had signs before mostly in the forms of songs that come on the radio when I think about a specific person.
15-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks everyone - just very curious!
Glad that others believe this!
I think there is truth to it x

(15-03-2012 06:10 PM)EarthAngel Wrote:  Dream Catcher, you are spot on in your meaning of synchronicity and I don't think you're being negative at all x

Signs, in my opinion are what the universe gives to you to show you that you are either on the right path, that what you think/feel is correct or that something good is on the way. I have had signs before mostly in the forms of songs that come on the radio when I think about a specific person.
16-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Synchronicity is when a chain of events happen that lead you to where you are meant to be.. or to meet a person you are meant to meet.. either friend or potential lover.... or when things happen that appear to be a whole load of coincidences....

Signs and synchronicity tend to go hand in hand..... you tend to get them happening together.. but sometimes you only realise it afterwards when you look as opposed to at the time....

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
16-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks Icemaiden that was very good of you to explain so well.
23-07-2012, 12:15 PM
(15-03-2012 06:07 PM)Muffins Wrote:  Thanks for that Dream Catcher. I agree what you say about being more aware of something, if someone tells you about it. But on the other hand, weird things can happen too. You are not being negative at all, just unsure. I get really odd things, but I am not watching out for anything, if that makes sense. Like one day, I was in traffic, a vehicle pulled up which was in relation to someones career, then another vehicle pulled up behind it, with the persons home town blasted across it Smile
I got myself in a bit of bother with signs. Thats another story Smile

The synchronicity thing is weird though. It was an odd thing to happen!

have i just been going mad lately or am i actually seeing small signs? everywhere i've turned lately i've heard or seen someones first name...it's also been the same with this persons surname (and they don't have a very common surname) in pictures in magazines, newspapers, when i've turned on the tv randomly and even in pictures that people i haven't seen or met up with for ages have recently posted on facebook (who don't know this person and don't know anything about them)...i'm seeing quite a few people who have the same star sign as them...i've seen a company's work van parked outside my house, the van belonged to someone who works in the same industry as this person but just for a different company...this persons hometown has appeared on tv at the most random times (in the past hour i've seen their first name and hometown pop up on 2 different tv programmes at 2 different times).

do you think it's just me wishful thinking and hoping or might there be something however small or insignificant in it? i also saw 2 magpies in my back garden yesterday when normally i always see just 1 and they stayed there for a few minutes.

i'm not sure what to think or what any of it all means (if anything at all...?) or should i just dismiss it all and think nothing of it and just ignore it? Huh
25-07-2012, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2012 10:07 AM by hopeful.)
(15-03-2012 05:25 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  I believe very much in signs and synchronicity... I can't not believe as I have had so many experiences where I have asked for guidance and had clear signs sent my way... recently over a move.... I wasn't sure I was making the right decision, and now I am getting signs left and right and centre about where I want to move to..... lol

However... there is a danger in reading the signs wrongly, or seeing signs in everything... or making things fit as a sign to suit what we want an outcome to be..... so its all about a healthy balance....

Ask for guidance and you will always get it in some way or another..... but with the signs you are getting.... really look at the sign in order to make sense of it.. and with songs, it can be lyrics that are important not always the song... but at the same time ... I find if we are focused on one thing specifically, we will often start to attract things that remind us of that one thing :-)

icemaiden do you mind if i asked who and how you asked for signs to be shown to you? scarlett on option 0 once told me to ask my angels for signs but i had no idea how to do that properly so just found myself alone and sitting quietly on my bed, closing my eyes and talking into thin air and asking my angels to please give me a sign that everything is going to be ok and that outcome i was wishing for (and scarlett said she thought would happen) was going to happen, but to please make it something that i would recognise as being a sign from them and something that i wouldn't miss.

this was a few months ago now but i would really love to hear your opinion on this and how you found your signs Shy

yesterday i put top gear on the tv and they were driving along the motorway (i had no idea where they were as i'd only just switched the tv on) and they drove past a big sign at the side of the motorway with all the names of the local towns on it and their distance from the motorway and in big letters was the name of someones home town...switched on bbc weather and they were talking about that same persons hometown again...first text on ptv this morning was a text from a lady asking about someone with the same as this person...and walked back into the living room from the kitchen after making myself a coffee this morning and the text on screen was from a lady who is in the same situation as me...i've seen 2 magpies again this morning in my garden, well 1 flew down and landed on my garden fence, sat for a few seconds and then flew off over to next door and then straight after another magpie flew down and did exactly the same thing...

could this be because i am thinking too much about this person or could they be signs? i feel really silly because i don't know what i'm meant to be looking for and where & when and if anything actually is significant or if i'm just driving myself mad with something that isn't there and is never going to happen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Zodiac Signs are wrong!? Discuss.... Harmony 2 1,204 22-03-2011 07:16 PM
Last Post: Diamond