Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you like being read to?
17-03-2012, 12:38 PM
How do you like being read to?
I know we have different opinions and different connections with psychics but I've been thinking about readers and who I like not just because of the content but HOW they read..as for example some for me have felt as though it is about them proving how great they are and others missing the sensitivity and awareness about how I might receive the information..for me having a reading is a time for selfishness in that it is actually about me..not their glory, cleverness or their related stories!!! as i have been shocked when sometimes I have come off the phone shaking or more upset!!!!!! and no that does not mean I like fairy stories equally cloying!!

I also personally don't like it when information is leaked in about other areas of my life unless it is a general reading..as I like to take care of my work area myself.

A recent reading impressed me becuase the reader in full flow paused and said..do you really want to hear and know this.I found this responsible and sensitive..

I find it odd when someone is clairsentient when they don't pick up oon the fact that you are crumbling from their reading..and don't keep checking in with you..

I like it when they don't rabbit on and you get lost...personally i don't like too much psychic jargon either..so that the situation seems more complex!!!

I do not like generalisms as in a description of someones type!!!!!!!! as this seems limiting all round...in terms of this type will behave in this or that way

I like it as long as not forced!!! I get to laugh as this sees to release..both information and tension or held emotion..

Positive guidance can also be useful in putting it back in your own hands

I like a good healing energetic voice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: How do you like being read to?
I hate the hearts and rings readers. No relationship is easy (you split up for good reasons) so it is unrealistic to say that you will be getting married. I prefer a reading that identifies the area, if I identify it then it is usually a lot of generic mumblings. I prefer a reading that picks up on emotions that I know to be true not what I would like to be true. It is only through trial and error do you arrive at the right reader. My first reading was April last year (god some were so bad it makes me cringe)
17-03-2012, 01:02 PM
I prefer a reading where they don't use tools, go straight into the reading without a question and give me what I need to know, rather than what I want to hear at that moment in time.

As for Validations I'm more impressed by the ones that leave me confused and I need to have a family member verify as correct (that way I know they aren't just getting the information from me)

I'm not keen on hearts, flowers and fairy castle style readings.
18-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I prefer a reading where the reader is upfront, blunt and to the point..... I would much rather know what the reader was getting or picking up, than having them sugar coat over something, or try and make it all rosey when it clearly isn't.

I like it when humour is used.. nothing worse than sitting there having a reading and its all very serious and formal feeling.. that makes me feel really uncomfortable.

I would much rather have a reader give me intuitive guidance, than make rash predictions because they think that's what I want to hear. Helping me see where I can get from a to b is much more helpful than telling me I will reach b and a few little validations but nothing else.... that's not beneficial, especially If I know I will get to B at some point, and am just struggling to see how I will get there :-)

I hate a readings where the reader is full of ego and self importance..... that puts me off from the start and makes for a horrible reading. Much better to have someone down to earth.

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
18-03-2012, 01:56 PM
I know sometimes astrology can be useful but I don't like it being used in a generalised way. I guess the answer is don't have a reading with an astrologer then LOL .
19-03-2012, 06:42 PM
I like a reader to make me feel at ease when I first go on the phone by asking how I am and they sound as though they are speaking with a smile on their face. They must be able to validate especially in regards to the situation ie describe the person I am asking about, refer to events or things that have happened between us as this lets me know that the reader has definitely connected with me and what I want to ask about.

I would also rather be told, "if you follow this path then .... will happen" rather than being told "yes this will happen" regardless of which direction I choose or the other person chooses to take. I would like to be given an idea of timings for the prediction even if it is only just a general idea, as if I am told a definite date or time, I would focus on that too much.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  the show is .....READ ON Happy_go_girl 8 2,189 25-08-2013 02:36 PM
Last Post: Ella Hardy
  Psychic Today treat us like ,,,, read on Emma13 6 1,930 17-06-2013 03:50 PM
Last Post: Happy_go_girl