Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Words and Subconscious Conditioning
25-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Words and Subconscious Conditioning
Following on from the other thread, it may be worth discussing this as a separate issue.

I'll try and copy and paste the other posts over shortly so it doesn't get confusing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2012, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 01:45 PM by Nemi.)
RE: Words and Subconscious Conditioning
Quote:Nemi: It's different to see YEICBH attempting a positive slant on here.

To be positive you need to do this in everyway you can. I even think having the username that you do, (and this goes for others that have chosen a negative word or sentence for a name), because everytime you and others see that name it's re-enforced in your subconscious.

When you have a positive affirmation, you say it over and over and you condition your mind into thinking in that positive way. So in seeing a negative username each time you post (even if done tongue in cheek) is negative conditioning.

Quote:Muffins:Valid point Nemi, and worth a thread of its own. Negative sentences/words have the effect of programming the sub-conscious and indeed reinforce negative ideas.

I try to be so careful in what I now say, it is like retraining how I use my vocabularly, so that I can to try to remain positive throughout the day and indeed those I speak to, will subconsciously pick up on the vibe I am giving off.

Which statement would make you feel better?

1. The weather is terrible out there today
or
2. Its the perfect day for a fire

1. I can't do that
or
2. I'd be able to do that with the right training

1. You lied to me
or
2. I would have listened/understood if you had told me xyz

Quote:DaisyChain85:So so so true. New thread defo needed because this is so so so important. Positive thinking equals positive outcomes x

Quote:YEICBH:I only used this username because there are scam artists out there whose stock in trade is false hope. Yes there are some great psychics out there but do not be deluded that every gift that you experience is pure.

Quote: Nemi:Maybe so, but it's the unknown effect in your choice of username that in the long term can have a negative effect, on you and those around you.

This should be a new thread.

Quote:Muffins:A new thread would be great, so it doesnt divert from the subject of this thread.

I just had a thought yourexiscomingbackhonest, if you think about it, iamacolincookfan name was more light, if that makes sense? I know you lost the user name, and I understand what you were trying to say with the new name. But one of those names could be said to be a happier name and maybe you subconsciously would feel better with it.

Its just in my own experience, when I hear/see something which reminds me of perhaps a negative time in my life, that the rest of my day can totally be dictated by my subconcious. I can get moody/upset without fully understanding why. I sit in an office currently, where consciously I am happy to ignore the bullying antics which go on (towards everyone including myself), I thought I learnt to ignore things. But after having a few weeks off work, I fully see the negative impact it had been having on me. I was so down a month ago, but the time away, realising the negative comments which I thought I was ignoring, actually was resurfacing old upsetting thoughts I held years ago. The subconscious is powerful and needs to be nurtured in the right way. Back to doing even more Silva for me
25-03-2012, 01:53 PM
(25-03-2012 01:09 PM)Nemi Wrote:  I may sound harsh here, but while I can appreciate its easy to get into a place of confusion (I do it a lot myself). It's our own fault, we are master of our own actions and no one else is to blame.

This is easier said than done, but It's also down to being relaxed and having belief otherwise there is no point in calling the psychic in the first place, or being as true as you can to yourself and what you want in life.

I hope you don't mind Nemi, but I feel this is a relevant post also. While the subconscious either holds programmed thoughts, both positive/negative, it can be that the belief system working alongside our conscious actions, which effect our efforts, our handling of our current situations and the potential outcomes. We can consciously aim to reprogramme our subconscious, which will give out the relaxed vibe of belief, calmness etc.. Ringing a psychic can potentially be only predictive, it may not give you the means to get there.
25-03-2012, 02:04 PM
(25-03-2012 01:53 PM)Muffins Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 01:09 PM)Nemi Wrote:  I may sound harsh here, but while I can appreciate its easy to get into a place of confusion (I do it a lot myself). It's our own fault, we are master of our own actions and no one else is to blame.

This is easier said than done, but It's also down to being relaxed and having belief otherwise there is no point in calling the psychic in the first place, or being as true as you can to yourself and what you want in life.

I hope you don't mind Nemi, but I feel this is a relevant post also. While the subconscious either holds programmed thoughts, both positive/negative, it can be that the belief system working alongside our conscious actions, which effect our efforts, our handling of our current situations and the potential outcomes. We can consciously aim to reprogramme our subconscious, which will give out the relaxed vibe of belief, calmness etc.. Ringing a psychic can potentially be only predictive, it may not give you the means to get there.

Not at all, it does fit in with the topic.

It is that cycle of calling a psychic (for some) just to get upliftment, but then to only sabotage things continually for themselves by slipping back into that same thought pattern, and thinking in a negative way, using negative words.

Then when you are back in that place, everything becomes negative.

Yet, if we could somehow stay with that positive buzz, we will bring in more positivity. It works both ways Wink
25-03-2012, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 03:10 PM by Muffins.)
I feel that if someone bothers to put the time, expense and energy into having a psychic reading about a particular situation, that there must be some held belief within them, that the situation is achievable.

I think that we are also influenced by what others are going through. So if someone is going through a difficult time, their prediction appears to not be materialising based on what they share with us, the effect can be that we begin to think our situation is doomed also. They share their story with us, we want to help them, we try to help, but it can effect how we feel about our own circumstance.

Its important to remember why you had your reading in the first place, what you believe in and how you feel it will pan out based on your own circumstances. Nothing is set in stone, we are all making our own choices every day, we can change our path any time.

So go with what you know is true to you, believe in what you believe, only you know the truth of your situation and your feelings, so stay positive with them - if it is what you really want Smile
25-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I posted this on the other thread but think its more relevant to this one :-)

Dr Emoto did an experiment on how positive and negative words and such like can have an affect on water. His research can be found here

http://www.highexistence.com/water-experiment/

This research really reinforces about how positive and negative thoughts and words can have huge affect on people. After all, the human body is made up of a lot of water (I think its something like 60 or 70 percent but am not sure), and if we are constantly thinking negative, it will have an affect on our body, mind and ultimately our lives.

If a person wants to change his or her life, then the first place to start is by changing the the thought process.

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wise Words misssaigon 7 1,141 29-01-2013 09:08 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden
  I have done 35000 words of my book yourexiscomingbackhonest 8 1,609 18-03-2012 01:27 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden