Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help I’m new
25-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Help I’m new
Hi, I’m new to this forum and want to break the cycle of addiction. I’ve used many of the readers on psychic sofa and have spent a fortune. Some are good and some are shocking. Any advice on staying away from psychics would be great. Have any of you experienced anything so negative that you managed to break free?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2019, 10:59 PM
RE: Help I’m new
Hi James and welcome to the board. The way I dealt with stopping readings over my ex POI was generally because I didn't want them anymore. I was given extended timescales where nothing happened, given amazing validations where I thought that the reader connected with me so well and then I shared readings with others and some reading words were identical. It got to the point where I just didn't want readings anymore because I didn't believe and trust in what they were saying about him where he "loved and missed me so much and was coming back". I began to keep busy by being around friends and I began to use realism and think to myself if my ex really cared he would have reached out to me himself and made his feelings or missing me clear..

I don't really know your situation, so I can't say that your ex boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't care at all for you. But when ladies say on here "please don't get readings. If your ex really loved and cared for you they'd make it clear with their actions" - please listen to that.

Just keep busy doing things you enjoy. Do anything. Even work overtime at work if you need to to avoid ringing them during the day. I found it mainly a boredom thing. When you're alone, you're more likely to think and reminisce about the ex and calling a reader on the phone lines is quick company. They only fill you with what you want to hear. There have been so many horror stories recently where people were being conned by their ex and the readers said that they cared and people finding out that their POI had passed away.. It's really not worth it. Think about the money you could be saving up and use it on a holiday or footie match etc!

I can't really say exactly what you should do because only you know what small things help to keep busy and help you on your better days of your addictions. But for me personally it was weighing up the odds and keeping busy with friends and meeting new people. Best of luck to you. It's great you have realised you have a problem and want to stop it - that's the first step in these addictive cycles. Please take care.
25-01-2019, 11:40 PM
Hi James, I’ve been there. The disappointment you experience when things don’t happen is completely crushing. You need to get to the root of the addiction; perhaps you have addictive or obsessive tendencies? Understanding it will mean it doesn’t control you. Also a large dose of realism helps, so maybe a mentor, friend or even counsellor who you can confide in as they will bring you back down to Earth rather than living in illusions. It’s so easy to take a reading as truth which can be dangerous when it’s not accurate as you end up living in a fantasy and putting your life on hold. Personally my addictive tendencies flare up when I’m hormonal, and that’s when I want to speak to a psychic! I think realising that (despite what I was told in readings), it could never possibly work out with an ex who I still loved finally broke that cycle. Logical thinking is your best friend. Hope this helps.
26-01-2019, 09:45 AM
get a blowup doll TongueTongueTongue

Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder...Confused
26-01-2019, 12:52 PM
Hi Virgo1 and Mali. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. It sounds like you’ve both struggled too and I hope that you’ve got to a better place. Thanks so much for your words of wisdom. For me, it has nothing to do with an ex - yes I’ve got a few crazy ones floating about - it’s more about my difficult life circumstances and the problems I face on a day to day basis. With lovely supportive people like you on this forum I’m hoping I can find the strength to stay away from the lines and rebuild my life from a more realistic point of view. Xx
26-01-2019, 02:08 PM
(26-01-2019 12:52 PM)James Wrote:  Hi Virgo1 and Mali. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. It sounds like you’ve both struggled too and I hope that you’ve got to a better place. Thanks so much for your words of wisdom. For me, it has nothing to do with an ex - yes I’ve got a few crazy ones floating about - it’s more about my difficult life circumstances and the problems I face on a day to day basis. With lovely supportive people like you on this forum I’m hoping I can find the strength to stay away from the lines and rebuild my life from a more realistic point of view. Xx

I wouldn't rely on psychics about your life at all, they've been known to get things totally wrong (relationships or not). I'd advise you to get counselling or speak to family/friends for advice or help, never use or rely on psychics. Really, they should be gone to as entertainment purposes. You have a reading but don't rely on the reading and what they tell you as it definitely happening, just get on with your life and live it and if the predictions happen? Then great. The times where I've had predictions happen was where I wasn't relying on the predictions and I got on and lived my life to find when I least expected that predictions happened (and that wasn't with phoneline readers) xx
26-01-2019, 03:21 PM
(25-01-2019 10:21 PM)James Wrote:  Hi, I’m new to this forum and want to break the cycle of addiction. I’ve used many of the readers on psychic sofa and have spent a fortune. Some are good and some are shocking. Any advice on staying away from psychics would be great. Have any of you experienced anything so negative that you managed to break free?

Hi James, i feel i have an addictive personality and used to call psychics every single day and ran up bills of £500 plus per month I had no money to live on too. I would feel so depressed I wanted my ex to want me and see me as his future. I must say some psychics were right with predictions contact etc but the main one didn't come in me being in a commited relationship with him. I still have a reading but mainly once a month now I have money. I broke out of this by thinking realistically like what Virgo said if ex cares eye they will show this I got alot of the same he loves you cares blah blah blah my ex left to go to another country for 6 months and didn't even tell me or want to see him I was heartbroken he didn't care or live me. I only stick with one or to psychic.

My advice to you is to understand what is happening. Switch your phone off if you feel like one. it's hard but you will get there.
26-01-2019, 05:40 PM
(26-01-2019 03:21 PM)Rockygorl1 Wrote:  
(25-01-2019 10:21 PM)James Wrote:  Hi, I’m new to this forum and want to break the cycle of addiction. I’ve used many of the readers on psychic sofa and have spent a fortune. Some are good and some are shocking. Any advice on staying away from psychics would be great. Have any of you experienced anything so negative that you managed to break free?

Hi James, i feel i have an addictive personality and used to call psychics every single day and ran up bills of £500 plus per month I had no money to live on too. I would feel so depressed I wanted my ex to want me and see me as his future. I must say some psychics were right with predictions contact etc but the main one didn't come in me being in a commited relationship with him. I still have a reading but mainly once a month now I have money. I broke out of this by thinking realistically like what Virgo said if ex cares eye they will show this I got alot of the same he loves you cares blah blah blah my ex left to go to another country for 6 months and didn't even tell me or want to see him I was heartbroken he didn't care or live me. I only stick with one or to psychic.

My advice to you is to understand what is happening. Switch your phone off if you feel like one. it's hard but you will get there.

So sorry to hear of this. I was once in your shoes aswell last year and ran up money of £500 plus a month, because when I had no money I would use my phone bill on premium rates. Even the pound a minute calls raise high fast.
26-01-2019, 06:21 PM
(26-01-2019 05:40 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  

So sorry to hear of this. I was once in your shoes aswell last year and ran up money of £500 plus a month, because when I had no money I would use my phone bill on premium rates. Even the pound a minute calls raise high fast.

Its not a good thing at all. Now I feel I don't need a reading so much. In time you will do the same. Just be strong and look after yourself. Sometimes we can get anitxy from it too. Just chill and try to enjoy life without so many readings.
26-01-2019, 06:39 PM
(26-01-2019 06:21 PM)Rockygorl1 Wrote:  
(26-01-2019 05:40 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  

Its not a good thing at all. Now I feel I don't need a reading so much. In time you will do the same. Just be strong and look after yourself. Sometimes we can get anitxy from it too. Just chill and try to enjoy life without so many readings.

Thanks! I feel much better already now I'm not co-dependant on readings.