Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
The addiction is the ex
14-04-2012, 01:45 PM
The addiction is the ex
Just somethin to ponder.

Those that feel they have an addiction 2 psychics - r u really addicted 2 readings or is the underlying cause an addiction 2 your ex and the psychic is easier 2 blame. You don't have to call, but what is it UR calling about?

Rather than jump at a straight - no its the Psychic. Think about it.

Do u go with a question re the ex, or just happy to see what comes out with no question?

Do you ask a psychic about other aspects in UR life?

I have seen ppl post on here with things that have come true, they tend to be of the opinion that timining can be out and to let things happen. Others r wound up tightly on the prediction.

So it would b interestin 2 see what the attitude from each camp is regarding the ex.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: The addiction is the ex
I used to think this was the case for me, and say if I got back together with/got over my ex then I wouldnt get readings anymore but now I am completely over my ex, and never ask about him but Im still addicted to ringing psychics. When ever I meet a new guy I want to ask them all about him and what they see, and if I feel nothing is happening in my life I have just rang and asked for a general love reading. I feel like I need to know what could happen next now.

So for me it's definitely a psychic addiction, not an ex addiction.
15-04-2012, 08:31 PM
I disagree. The addiction is psychic readings- the buzz, the hit and the finding out things. So sorry Mary Mac I am not trying to hit a nerve but I don't agree.
16-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I would agree with Dream Catcher, that the addiction is the psychic reading, and the responsibility is on the psychic to actually help the person they are reading for as opposed to give false hope, knowing full well it will mean the person will come back again and again to be told what they think they want to hear, which ends up turning into a vicious circle of reading after reading, and can in some cases turn into a very costly addiction or habit... I prefer the term habit as I see it more as people getting caught up in a really bad habit of needing readings.

The ex is just a person the reader wants back, and the responsibility is on the psychic to give an honest and accurate reading, and to also help the person move on from that relationship.... after all, yes ex's can and do come back, it does happen, but in most cases the relationship stays ended and the person won't be able to move on if a psychic is giving them false hope in a reading with the sole purpose of ensuring the person comes back and spends more money.

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
19-04-2012, 02:48 AM
hi i think im addicted to both i started out being addicted to my partner wanting find out if me and him was ever going to have a commited relaionship than it turn in to when will i have contact every time we had a fight, than it was will we ever get back together, now were in limbo when it comes to being together and my addicion on my partner is no longer there, but now i seem to be addicted to readings, ringing to find out about when will i move house and as the date's keep changing i dont stop ringing, i know i shouldnt because if i was to be honest i think me having readings and holding on to the psychic predictions of happy ever after, is what spoilt my relationship in the 1st place but i just cant help it,the next funny thing is anything else, i so dont have an addictive personality with, if only this addiction was going to the gym all the time : )
19-04-2012, 10:20 AM
The major role of a psychic is to help others make well informed decisions.

Psychic are able to provide an insight into your future regarding things like career, study, relationships etc. A good psychic is one who never hides whether it’s good or bad.
19-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Here here Homan.... I can never understand when they say "we never see/predict/say anything bad" thats not very realistic is it? Its almost admitting they tell you what you want to hear?
20-04-2012, 09:01 AM
I think the anything bad, refers to things like your meet a timely end under the number 28 bus. It's the old school of reading that would make people fearful!

But in terms of the question, it's the ex that is the addiction for most I would imagine in the first instance, unless you have used a Psychic for guidance in all areas of your life for years. Those that go for a reading on the back of an ex issue, are consumed by the ex and then through habit transfer this behaviour when either the ex returns/stays away.

I went to a psychic at a young age, before an ex was an issue, but I didn't need to have reading after reading. Maybe one a year, but life is less complex when you are younger. So I do feel that the ex is moreso the addiction point, but this is based on my use of psychics.
20-04-2012, 09:37 AM
(19-04-2012 10:34 AM)Dream Catcher Wrote:  Here here Homan.... I can never understand when they say "we never see/predict/say anything bad" thats not very realistic is it? Its almost admitting they tell you what you want to hear?

Yeah Dream Catcher, you are absolutely right. You can only try to see/predict/say anything.
20-04-2012, 12:20 PM
There are levels of bad though...

Honesty does not mean sugar coating, it means saying what a reader is picking up in relation to the situation or area a person is phoning about in a respectful way...... readings should be positive even if the information is not what a person wants to hear.... but that doesn't mean sugar coating though :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire