Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Role of a psychci
18-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Role of a psychci
What is the role of a psychic? I thought I would open this up as I am sure we have different and similar views..and perhaps in articulating what the role is we can understand why and how we use them.

For me, more and more it is not about the predictions but sharpening like a knife my own instinct by working alongside a psychic I trust in being honest but in tune on a highly empathic level with any given situation. That way I can build my own power and not dependency or a distrust in what I think.

Secondly and very simply they can point out very obvious things that with simple steps can be rectified and improve a quality of life.

You can discuss difficult issues that may be difficult to discuss with anyone else.

Objectivity, by talking to a few you can build a fuller picture on a situation to then make choices your self on how you want to act.

Personal Growth breaking cycles and trying new approaches to actions that may come from guidance form a psychic.

Understanding that nothing is set in stone, so not stone walling ones life becuase of predictions but keeping it fluid and moving and open.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: Role of a psychci
I see the role of a psychic as someone I can speak to to validate what I feel instinctively. To let me know what is coming up for me, particularly if I'm feeling that things are stagnant. Someone who can give me unbiased advice because they do not know me or the person that I want to be with.
18-04-2012, 07:01 PM
My belief is that the role of a psychic is to help people help themselves... to empower a person... to give intuitive advice and guidance, and to help a person make sense of what is going on around them, what is holding them back, and steps to take in order to help a person move forward with their life and to make the changes they may want to make.

I don't believe psychics should be making definite predictions for the future.... because the future is fluid... you can advise a person what you are picking up if a person is only wanting to know future predictions... but.. one tiny change in the present can change the future, which will ultimately change the outcome of predictions... psychics should be encouraging people to live in the present, to work hard in the present, to LIVE their life in the present, because the future is a blank canvas, and what we do in the present determines how we paint that canvas... or whether we paint the canvas, or whether the future is going to be no different because we are stuck on a treadmill unwilling to move forward?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
19-04-2012, 05:54 AM
(19-04-2012 12:28 AM)Worrier Wrote:  This is a very empowering and interesting thread...

My own personal view is that a psychic should guide people to put them in a happier and stronger place - almost as if to put someone back on a path when they feel they have got lost.

I think they should stop predictions involving timelines but maybe give more "probability forecasts".

I disagree with you Icemaiden. Life is not always a blank canvass, any good psychic would tell you sometimes we have free will, but not a great deal. I do not believe for one minute that changing something small can change our whole future. Remember the universe has to put so many things and people in place to make destiny happen and one persons free will should not have the power to change the destiny of a whole string of people and events. Free will can certainly change timings but not something that is destined. I believe that if we go on a wrong path the universe will put us back on it in. We may have to learn some very hard lessons to give us a kick to get back on our pre-destined path but we will get there. That is why on occasions we have some funny twists in turns during our life journey.
19-04-2012, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 09:28 AM by Icemaiden.)
while I do agree that some things are pre destined.... I also believe very strongly in free will..

I was having a discussion similar to this the other day with a friend of mine, although we were talking about time travel and parallel universes and how one small change could change the future... which is why even if time travel was possible, it would be very dangerous, because by changing one persons events, or by one historical event, we would ultimately change the whole future... not just for ourselves but for everyone.

Some things are meant to be... but how do we really know what is meant... or do we just have a selective view on what we believe is pre destined in our life, and if this view is supported by an array of psychics then it keeps us stagnant.

A good psychic in my opinion should be saying... yes, some things are meant to be, but at the same time, many things are not.... yes there are things in life that are guaranteed to happen, like a good job, a nice relationship, etc etc.... but if we keep ourselves stuck in the present by being so focused on the past, we will never be letting the things that are meant come into our lives..... (Does that make sense).

Life is all about taking responsibility, learning from lessons we are sent, but most of all Life is for living... after all, we all get one shot at this life and we have to make it count. An ex of mine was very into the whole pre destined idea and how we have little to no free will, and he plodded through life not really doing much, because in his view, if something was meant it would happen.... but the thing is, we as people have to make things happen for ourselves... have to make our own luck, make our own destiny... otherwise we get stuck on this treadmill of waiting for something to happen because 25 psychics have told us it will therefore it must be pre destined.... and the time limits keep changing, and we stay on that tread mill longer and longer... but how long is to long before we get off it and go out and make things happen for ourselves? Or paint the canvas :-)

At least that's what I believe.. and it is only my own belief.

19-04-2012, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 10:31 AM by Dream Catcher.)
I always thought the role of a psychic was to help people feel better about themselves, empower & guide them and tell them a little of whats in store and back in the day I strongly believed that but now that I am on the more advanced side of readings I just think the best you can hope for is the guidence.

Kath, with regards the fate thing- you are probably right but I do believe to a certain extent that what is for us won't pass us by but everything we experience here be it positive or negative is all to help us get to a higher spiritual self. I don't know the pain of losing a child or a job, and I wouldn't dare try to comprehend how it must feel but what ever is thrown at you- its the thought process behind it that creates a sense of heaven or hell in our own reality. I don't mean to sound flippant and I am not trying to be but the "spiritual" view of life is the only thing that makes sense to me.xx
19-04-2012, 10:42 AM
I know what you mean....xxx
19-04-2012, 11:51 AM
(19-04-2012 09:58 AM)kath3422 Wrote:  I strongly believe that people make their own luck...I don't believe that what ever happens is fate, sure its good for the few that meet their love of there lives at some event and live very happy lives.
I mean is it fate that some people lose their babies or children?
I know thats coming from a very harsh angle but I think people live to make their own choices, own decsions only you can make something of your life and take responibility.
Is it fate that people lose their jobs, can't get another and spend years depressed not seeing a way out? Sure if they get out of the black cloud it may be benefical to them in the future perhaps they will see life from then on at a different angle and be grateful for what they have but I believe that experiance and maturity changes peoples views anyway.

I'm a very strong believer that life is what you make it, as far as me being addicted to psychics and going from one bad situation from the next, I'm sure thats me learning, but its not much fun to be honest.
Sad

Sorry to sound harsh, its just what I believe.
xx

There is an aspect of what you say that I can indentify with, for example recently I have been over stressed with the prospect of loosing everything I have fought and worked for and since it is for the good of others this has also questioned my general faith in life and when people have saidd 'Its meant to be', or perhaps 'if its meant to be it will be' I have had to stop myself punching them, so I do think we need to take care on the "its meant to be' phrase how ever well intentioned !

I have not made my mind up about destiny and free will. I find the film 'Sliding Doors' evocative of what can occur in life's patterns with small shifts of action.

I have always followed my instinct...and for me instinct has a reflection with destiny as for me it seems to be its partner. I can also see that life has a way of circling sometimes as pieces of the greater jigsaw fall into place. I think interestingly enough there is a mention of 'clueless' but perhaps psychics can offer clues, but it is up to us how we interpret and use them to strengthen our own path making...a bit like road signs!!!
19-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I believe in fate..... I know that may sound a wee bit strange given I also believe we all have free will... but I believe that what is meant to cross our path on our journey will, but just because something is meant at one part of our journey, doesn't mean it is meant for the rest of our journey.... reason season or life time... everyone comes into your life for a reason, some only last a season, but the special few last a life time. The right people come into our lives at the right time, but that doesn't always mean they will be there forever... and that goes for friends as well as partners..... all just stepping stones that lead us to the right ones :-)

So much of life makes no sense, like babies dying... but that's nature though isn't it... and I don't think even fate can win a battle against nature. Bad things happen.. whether they be the death of a child, miscarriage or a really bad life experience.... I don't essentially believe that's fate dealing a bad blow... it's just nature and life.... the balance of all things?

Fate is when you miss the bus and end up seeing an ad for a brilliant Job or meeting a special someone... which you wouldn't have seen or met had you got on the bus you had missed...... in that way we are helped....

One thing I genuinely believe is that everything happens for a reason.... we can't always see the reason at the time, but there is always one there...and I also believe that sometimes things have to fall apart in order for better things to come together.... sometimes it just takes a while to get to the better things :-)

I also believe that the way we think about ourselves, our lives and the world around us will ultimately define the type of life and reality we shape and create for ourselves..... yes there are things that happen that are totally out of our control.. but at the same time, we all have choices in how we choose to deal with it, in how we let those things define us?

19-04-2012, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 12:20 PM by flamered.)
Yes..I like 'how we let those things define us' as this perhaps is about what ever happens it is how we use it and also how we allow and choose it to colour and shape who we are...

Fate a possible example: I once changed an electric supplier, my flatmate spent so much time on the phone to customer services that they decided to meet and fell in love and they are now married with two children, they wouldn't have met if I hadn't made such an intitial balls up!!! as they lived in different parts of the country..

I have found with recent readings that they have come full circle and now are naturally aligned to my instincts..and time frames have now been removed it hasn't made my situation easier BUT it has given me peace of mind...