Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Role of a psychci
19-04-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: Role of a psychci
I'm not scientific but I know there are some really interesting theories now on cause and effect that link into spiritual and psychic thinking..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2012, 03:49 PM
(19-04-2012 11:53 AM)Icemaiden Wrote:  I believe in fate..... I know that may sound a wee bit strange given I also believe we all have free will... but I believe that what is meant to cross our path on our journey will, but just because something is meant at one part of our journey, doesn't mean it is meant for the rest of our journey.... reason season or life time... everyone comes into your life for a reason, some only last a season, but the special few last a life time. The right people come into our lives at the right time, but that doesn't always mean they will be there forever... and that goes for friends as well as partners..... all just stepping stones that lead us to the right ones :-)

So much of life makes no sense, like babies dying... but that's nature though isn't it... and I don't think even fate can win a battle against nature. Bad things happen.. whether they be the death of a child, miscarriage or a really bad life experience.... I don't essentially believe that's fate dealing a bad blow... it's just nature and life.... the balance of all things?

Fate is when you miss the bus and end up seeing an ad for a brilliant Job or meeting a special someone... which you wouldn't have seen or met had you got on the bus you had missed...... in that way we are helped....

One thing I genuinely believe is that everything happens for a reason.... we can't always see the reason at the time, but there is always one there...and I also believe that sometimes things have to fall apart in order for better things to come together.... sometimes it just takes a while to get to the better things :-)

I also believe that the way we think about ourselves, our lives and the world around us will ultimately define the type of life and reality we shape and create for ourselves..... yes there are things that happen that are totally out of our control.. but at the same time, we all have choices in how we choose to deal with it, in how we let those things define us?

Icemaiden, I totally agree with what you're saying as I believe that to.

Along with that I believe that before our soul comes to the Earth plane that we determine our lives, who we are going to meet, what lessons we want to learn etc to help elevate our soul when we return to the Spirit World. I know my belief might sound crazy to others but to me if you experience deja vu, where you believe you've been/seen/done something before, it's showing you that you are on the right path.

There is an element of free will involved but fate plays a large part in our lives as I'm sure everyone has had at least something happen in their lives that wouldn't have happened if fate hadn't got involved. Certainly for me I wouldn't have met my ex or my son's dad if fate hadn't intervened as the night I first met my ex (the same one who is currently back in my life) was on a night out with mutual friends and neither of us were going to be there but circumstances changed which made us go and my son's dad who I met through my best friend who had a party where I met my son's dad's best friend, had a one night stand with him never saw him again and then a year later my one night stand and my son's dad were in the same pub that my best friend and I were in. My son's dad had also viewed the flat I now stay in around the same time I did when it was up for sale.
19-04-2012, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 03:52 PM by Icemaiden.)
A really good study to look up is the one on water.... where different positive and negative words and phrases and names were used, and the water with the negative changed negatively and the water with the positive changed in a positive way... given our bodies are made up of a high percentage of water it clearly shows that the way we think does have an affect on us....

Here is a quick you tube thing on it... but if you research Dr Emoto you should be able to see a lot of work on how water and intent and consciousness is all very linked :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvzsjcBtx8

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
20-04-2012, 08:46 AM
The role of a psychic is for guidance and insight into a situation you are in or potentially facing. Predictions are all well and good, but I think that too many people using a psychic dwell on these just falling into place for them, with no effort.

As for 'Fate' I think fate and destiny play there roles, along with just knowing something will happen.

Last night, I think it was on ITV not sure, there was some programme about reuniting lost family members. One women on there had given up her baby for adoption to give the child a better life (she didn't have the means to keep her). Years passed and all the Mother had was a fee photo's from the six weeks they had together. Yet if you apply fate and destiny. You can say that it was destiny that they would eventually meet again. Yet these two women who were UK based had both independently moved to South Africa (fate playing her hand). Some may call it a coincidence, but I wonder if the daughters connection to her mother had left with a need to move to another continent. I think this is where the knowing can come into play with people.

There is a reason for all the things we do and choices we make - that to can be an element of Fate, disguised as what others would term 'Free Will'!
20-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Eridanus, it was on ITV "Long Lost Family", I saw it too and that situation you spoke about is definitely a great example of how fate does play a hand in our lives. How else can you explain how a mother and daughter who hadn't seen each other since the daughter was 6 weeks old end up in the same country.
20-04-2012, 09:08 PM
I had a reading with Solar who said your ex is definitely coming back. I think that is quite irresponsible, yes ok I can see the stupidity of such a sweeping comment but others might hold on for years thinking it must be true. It can be a dangerous game.
20-04-2012, 11:15 PM
So a psychic can't say what they C? Just cause someone might hold on2 it?

What R they supposed 2 say then? I don't think a Psychic or any expert/practitioner should limit themselves 4 the sake of a few who may B unstable with the info given!
21-04-2012, 10:00 AM
At the same time Marymac, a psychic should not be giving flase hope or making sweeping definite predictions about ex's coming back to people who are holding onto that... especially if they have been holding on to that for a long time. A psychic has a responsibility to give an honest accurate reading, and should be helping a person, not giving a person false hope

As for psychics should be able to say anything without fear of the unstable few... do you not think that is quite an insulting thing to say on a forum where many of the people use the psychic services regularly? Have you ever thought that maybe its the constant predictions aimed at enticing a person back to spend more money that causes the emotional upset?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
21-04-2012, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 10:23 AM by Dream Catcher.)
Oh Mary Mac read over your last post again. Of course someone is going to hold on to a psychics every word we can be emotional & very vulnerable when we ring a psychic and we are ringing a psychic because we are seeking help or guidence on something that matters to us most. The psychic should be aware of this and settle for nothing but the truth.
21-04-2012, 12:40 PM
(20-04-2012 11:15 PM)MaryMac Wrote:  So a psychic can't say what they C? Just cause someone might hold on2 it?

What R they supposed 2 say then? I don't think a Psychic or any expert/practitioner should limit themselves 4 the sake of a few who may B unstable with the info given!

It must be great to be able not to have to take what a Psychic tells you to heart and not let it worry you if their prediction doesn't happen. You will need to tell those of us who are "unstable", me being one of them, how you can get a reading about something which means so much to you but then not let it bother you if the prediction doesn't happen. Myself and I'm sure others on here would like to see how someone like yourself deals with a situation like that.