Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Different Perspective
28-04-2012, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 10:57 AM by Dream Catcher.)
A Different Perspective
I am just throwing this into the mix because to me it feels relevant but I don't expect every one else to feel the same.

Last night I logged on here while I was at work (I am a childminder & the kids had gone to bed so I wasn't dossing) but the eldest boy who is 12 came down for a glass of water and stood behind me. He aked why I was on a psychic forum and said "Don't you know thats dangerous, thats brain washing. Especially for someone like you. No offense" Sometimes it takes the honesty & integrity of a child to bring the truth home. He has given me the best advice, is less than half my age and it didn't cost me a dime!

In no way am I trying to dictate to anyone here because I am not out of the woods but isn't it amazing, sometimes where the truth comes from.

Love Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: A Different Perspective
Out of the mouths of babes as they say.

However, its not brainwashing LOL.... and it only becomes dangerous when the person using the services is so one tracked and focused on one thing happening, and want to hear that at all costs.... without realising there is more out there, or being open to hear more.... then obsessing over markers and validations and timings and living their whole life by it... that is when it is dangerous.

I know I say this a lot.. but psychic readings should be seen as a guide... people should be listening to the guidance and taking steps to empower their own lives. Unfortunately, the Tv has gimmicked psychics and readings.. has pigeon holed it, given people unrealistic expectations, and ensured they get people phoning constantly by telling them that the psychics have all the answers, that psychics will make predictions, will give them the future mapped out for them.... the role of the psychic then has expectations attached to it.. because no one wants the guidance, no one wants to know how they can take steps to make their own life better.. they want a fast tracked quick route to what they want, even if that is not going to happen, they want to hear it.. and the more the psychic tells them what they want to hear, the more they will come back.. and the psychics who do not tell them what they want to hear, are disregarded as being wrong, not connecting with their situation... are giving them conflicting advice therefore cannot be right.... and people in turn go back to the psychics that tell them what they want to hear, regardless of whether or not the predictions are happening. People are happy to accept the markers have moved, are happy to hear that the thing they want will still happen, after all, the boss looked at them a certain way, therefore they are definitely getting the promotion they keep phoning psychics about... or the ex sent an email asking for things back, or smiled in the street.. well that means the psychic is right they are coming back..... and this is how people get stuck in the cycle of going for readings daily, sometimes several a day, with different readers..... it gives a person something to hide behind instead of facing the real issues...

Many years ago,, psychics were used to tell leaders whether the signs were good for battle.. they were used to read the signs and give guidance on the next step.... they were not used to map out the future.. because the future is fluid and ever changing... yes psychics can and do make predictions.. but the importance of a psychic should be about what they are picking up around you and the situation, what they are telling you in guidance, not the predictions they are forced to make because that is what people want to hear, and that is what people are phoning about....

Sorry I have ranted a bit.. and I mean no offense with what I have said at all in the slightest, and hope no one takes offense....

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
01-05-2012, 10:16 AM
RE: A Different Perspective
I know what you're saying Icemaiden and no offense taken whatsoever. Its just another point of view and although it may seem exaggerated when the word "brainwashing" is used its not that far from the truth it just depends how involved you are. Maybe "brainwashing" was used in want of a better word. xxx