Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10 of cups - your thoughts please...
15-05-2012, 09:14 AM
10 of cups - your thoughts please...
I've had readings with Russell B and Theresa (ptv) recently. I asked for the emphasis to be on love, there were similarities in the readings and both mentioned 10 of Cups in relation to home and family and things being good. Home and family is never an issue I ask about because it is good and I am very thankful of that. My reason for the readings is always about 'the man' and he lives abroad so not part of my home or family as it is.
So... how can I interpret this card in the situation I am in? I have looked on-line for meanings for 10 of cups and they seem varied, would be grateful for your thoughts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2012, 05:15 PM
RE: 10 of cups - your thoughts please...
(15-05-2012 09:14 AM)Lxx Wrote:  I've had readings with Russell B and Theresa (ptv) recently. I asked for the emphasis to be on love, there were similarities in the readings and both mentioned 10 of Cups in relation to home and family and things being good. Home and family is never an issue I ask about because it is good and I am very thankful of that. My reason for the readings is always about 'the man' and he lives abroad so not part of my home or family as it is.
So... how can I interpret this card in the situation I am in? I have looked on-line for meanings for 10 of cups and they seem varied, would be grateful for your thoughts.

I think if that happens agian ask what it means in direct relation to you..as it can be confusing to go hunt for meanings....on the internet also as for example KK says that each card has different meanings sometimes for different readings and different readers..
15-05-2012, 06:18 PM
I agree, I know a friend who is a physic and sometimes when she watch's Physic TV and see's the text appears and they turn the cards, she gets a completley different meaning! Its so confusing, I think you should ask your reader exactly what it means,
15-05-2012, 10:27 PM
For me, the ten of cups in a relationship situation usually signifies that the relationship is good, and that the person has nothing to worry about relationship wise because it will all come together.. however it also signifies harmony and peace within family relationship and partnerships as well... its a bit like the happy home card LOL

However, all readers will interpret and read the cards differently... and I am going on what the card means to me as a card (I don't read them by their meanings)... if in doubt, ask the reader what they mean by that card and how it relates to your situation :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
15-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Also, another point to remember is that its meaning would also be attached to the cards around it.. as all the cards are linked in readings and in order to make sense of one, the cards around it need to be taken into consideration :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
16-05-2012, 08:59 AM
thank you All for your thoughts and comments, much appreciated.

I've had 3 readings with Russell and have found him outstanding in terms of validation and prediction, he never asks questions and I like the imagery he uses. My second reading was sooo accurate and brings me time wise to where I am now. It wasn't what I wanted to hear but it was spot on. The third reading I had with him very recently was unusually positive (my situation isn't one that lends itself to positivity much) and after reading my notes and noting similarities with a first reading from Theresa I did go back to him for clarification not daring to believe that things could be good. It was then he mentioned the cards he had pulled. As my family life is good I wondered if the card could mean good things in other areas.

Icemaiden - other cards pulled with ten of cups, was nine of cups and the Sun card.

I'm so used to the angst and hard work in my relationship finding it hard to take on board things may be coming good after all, typical eh?
16-05-2012, 12:41 PM
The same card can have different meaning in every readings. It depends what the situation is what other cards are there before and after. Cups is all about emotions and happiness, for me it means relationship happiness with partner or family. Best thing to do is ask the reader.
16-05-2012, 02:15 PM
To me for a love reading the 10 of Cups means that feelings and emotions are equally felt on both sides. Good communication, security and above all love. Its a very good card to get in any reading. I read tarot cards and have my own meaning for the cards. I don't use the book but sometime the traditional interputation guides me. I hope that makes sense.
16-05-2012, 02:17 PM
(16-05-2012 08:59 AM)Lxx Wrote:  thank you All for your thoughts and comments, much appreciated.

I've had 3 readings with Russell and have found him outstanding in terms of validation and prediction, he never asks questions and I like the imagery he uses. My second reading was sooo accurate and brings me time wise to where I am now. It wasn't what I wanted to hear but it was spot on. The third reading I had with him very recently was unusually positive (my situation isn't one that lends itself to positivity much) and after reading my notes and noting similarities with a first reading from Theresa I did go back to him for clarification not daring to believe that things could be good. It was then he mentioned the cards he had pulled. As my family life is good I wondered if the card could mean good things in other areas.

Icemaiden - other cards pulled with ten of cups, was nine of cups and the Sun card.
Great cards..... wishes come true & happiness. Yay you!!!!
I'm so used to the angst and hard work in my relationship finding it hard to take on board things may be coming good after all, typical eh?
09-10-2012, 01:03 AM
(15-05-2012 05:15 PM)flamered Wrote:  
(15-05-2012 09:14 AM)Lxx Wrote:  I've had readings with Russell B and Theresa (ptv) recently. I asked for the emphasis to be on love, there were similarities in the readings and both mentioned 10 of Cups in relation to home and family and things being good. Home and family is never an issue I ask about because it is good and I am very thankful of that. My reason for the readings is always about 'the man' and he lives abroad so not part of my home or family as it is.

I think if that happens agian ask what it means in direct relation to you..as it can be confusing to go hunt for meanings....on the internet also as for example KK says that each card has different meanings sometimes for different readings and different readers..

Depends on the position of the card and surrounding cards. To me its not just about family and the home, it's about success, happiness and also friendships. 10 is reduced down to 1 so it could mean a new cycle starting for you. xx

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  any thoughts on star venus or pretaa on ps samira421 0 348 16-03-2016 07:26 PM
Last Post: samira421
  Just being curious about yellow butterflies - care to share your thoughts anyone? browneyes 2 546 03-07-2015 06:30 AM
Last Post: browneyes
  Some thoughts on readings Pomegranategirl 26 4,219 08-06-2014 11:33 AM
Last Post: Hangingpants