Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Day 3 Cold Turkey
15-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Day 3 Cold Turkey
This is day three of me not contacting Psychic Today (or any other psychic) for a text, voice mail or phone reading.

It has been hard because I have had some stubbling blocks and have felt really low but I am determined not to give in. I have found that by not having readings my feelings have had time to surface and I have to deal with them instead of getting a quick fix or pick me up and putting what matters on hold. Things come up again and again because they need to be dealt with and nobody can do that only you.

I am not saying that I will never contact the show or a psychic again because that would be a lie but I am going to try to steer clear as long as I can.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2012, 10:56 AM
RE: Day 3 Cold Turkey
Thanks Worrier. It isn't that easy but I would kick myself now if I phoned in. Think I am liking feeling real feelings (even though they can be difficult) instead of feeling a psychics version of how I feel. Does that make sense?
15-05-2012, 12:10 PM
I think I know what you mean Dream Catcher! I always find that with readings you get carried away with visions of what they have said, that you almost loose touch with your own intuition? (if that makes sense) I always say its soo easy to get lost in the psychic world that you loose touch with what is real and in front of you... I sometimes found myself day dreaming about and creating scenrarios around it! so I too have gone cold turkey!

well done on the cold turkey! keep it up!
15-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Good for you..I understand!!! I have been very low recently but kept away from readings. I found instead my instinct kicked in!!!
And there comes a point where all the colours blur and confusion and neurosis sets in with too many readings..the voices in my own head are enough without asking for an additional party!!!!!!!!!!!! now my readers are saying the same..I figure quit whilst I am ahead and they match my instincts with a dose of acceptance and common sense

Time needs to be given for ones own thoughts to process..evolve and listen to ones inner voice..and sometimes getting pysical or distracted also helps just move things around..
15-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Dream Catcher - Really proud of you, well done I know its tuff but you can do this, I am here for you! Find distractions and think of things other then your circumstances that make have made you happy!

Go cold turkey team!

Much love!
16-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Dream Catcher, good for you, in time to come you will see you are more focused and more in tune with your gut feeling. You will be more happier and less frustrated. Good thing is your bank account will be more healthy. Keep up the good work xx
16-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Well done Dream catcher- keep it up !
16-05-2012, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2012 02:44 PM by Dream Catcher.)
Day 4.

Today was a bit more difficult because one of my all time faves Laura Daligan was on but I just switched it off. I am quite happy I didn't give in. I totally agree with you all that, given even a small bit of time, you do become in tune with your feelings. Its only 4 days but I can see more clearly and just feel what I feel without questioning. Sometimes things just are as they are- no explanation.....

.....yes 5 euro (£3.50) phone credit has lasted me since Sunday (with some left over) over 3 times that would be gone on voicemails & texts.
16-05-2012, 02:21 PM
(16-05-2012 02:11 PM)Dream Catcher Wrote:  Day 4.

Today was a bit more difficult because one of my all time faves Laura Daligan was on but I just switched it off. I am quite happy I didn't give in. I totally agree with you all that, given eve a small bit of time, you do become in tune with your feelings. Its only 4 days but I can see more clearly and just feel what I feel without questioning. Sometimes things just are as they are- no explanation.....

.....yes 5 euro (£3.50) phone credit has lasted me since Sunday (with some left over) over 3 times that would be gone on voicemails & texts.

Keep up the good work. Healthy mind, healthy bank account and healthy gut feeling, all spiritual and positive things to look forward to. This will lead to happier times to come Smile xx
16-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I hope so Sapphire. One day at a time.... xx