Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Career Advice
10-07-2019, 03:42 PM
Career Advice
Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some advice. I have worked as a reader for many years now. I started reading from my own premises, however I ended up joining a psychic phone line.

This has worked very well for me for years, freeing me up to ignore the business side and focus on what I do best.

However the line seems to be lurching chaotically, raising prices which mean the call volume goes down. Then a few unethical things (getting the same reader under a different name for a lower price etc). It just leaves me sitting around bored and tied to a phone waiting for a call.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience or advice. I know I need to do something, but I’m not sure what.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2019, 03:55 PM
RE: Career Advice
I think you have to decide whether to stay having your own site and be your own boss and you're in charge or work for a company and have the unethical abiding by rules lines with abusive callers. Good luck.
10-07-2019, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2019 05:48 PM by Rugbylass.)
Only you can decide what you do. If you are moralistic and firmly believe that you’re doing what you do from a genuine place and to help give clarity then it may be time to step away from the phone line or try one that is more ethical.
It is my firm opinion that the majority of psychic lines take on readers with absolutely no psychic ability whatsoever, give them a few glowing but fake reviews and watch the cash roll on in.
The ARE however genuine readers on these lines too but they’re hard to find. Over the ten years or so that I have been having readings I would say I have spoken to a number of these fake psychics, some of them have absolutely no ability whatsoever and it’s obvious and others manage to get in a couple of sweeping statements that could apply to anyone and then dig for information or read the callers tone of voice and make up their reading from that. Even if a caller hides information a reader can judge certain things from their response and tone of voice.
I’m a saleswoman by trade and it’s exactly the same thing, you qualify a prospect and tailor the way you sell to them depending on their reactions, expressions and tone of voice.
I have spoken to some awesome readers over the years and I’ve spoken to some absolute trash but nobody can get 100% of readings right 100% of the time and if you’re happy working for an unethical company that will probably screw you over at one point or another then stay but the fact that you’re questioning it says to me that you’re probably better off leaving that phone line.
10-07-2019, 05:55 PM
(10-07-2019 05:45 PM)Rugbylass Wrote:  Only you can decide what you do. If you are moralistic and firmly believe that you’re doing what you do from a genuine place and to help give clarity then it may be time to step away from the phone line or try one that is more ethical.
It is my firm opinion that the majority of psychic lines take on readers with absolutely no psychic ability whatsoever, give them a few glowing but fake reviews and watch the cash roll on in.
The ARE however genuine readers on these lines too but they’re hard to find. Over the ten years or so that I have been having readings I would say I have spoken to a number of these fake psychics, some of them have absolutely no ability whatsoever and it’s obvious and others manage to get in a couple of sweeping statements that could apply to anyone and then dig for information or read the callers tone of voice and make up their reading from that. Even if a caller hides information a reader can judge certain things from their response and tone of voice.
I’m a saleswoman by trade and it’s exactly the same thing, you qualify a prospect and tailor the way you sell to them depending on their reactions, expressions and tone of voice.
I have spoken to some awesome readers over the years and I’ve spoken to some absolute trash but nobody can get 100% of readings right 100% of the time and if you’re happy working for an unethical company that will probably screw you over at one point or another then stay but the fact that you’re questioning it says to me that you’re probably better off leaving that phone line.

^ I completely agree.
10-07-2019, 08:02 PM
(10-07-2019 05:55 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  
(10-07-2019 05:45 PM)Rugbylass Wrote:  Only you can decide what you do. If you are moralistic and firmly believe that you’re doing what you do from a genuine place and to help give clarity then it may be time to step away from the phone line or try one that is more ethical.

^ I completely agree.

Hi

Just a suggestion - could you work as a reader from a shop owned by someone else? I’m thinking of those “tarot/crystal type shops that enploy readers. You would then not have to deal with the business side of things and you wouldn’t have to deal with the negative aspects of phone lines which you described.

By the way, I’m not Grace Marie ha ha. I’ve been accused of being a Psychic Sofa psychic, which I am not, on another thread. Just wanted to offer an opinion, hope it’s useful. All the best
11-07-2019, 01:49 AM
can I ask you, why do you think yr psychic? can you predict futures etc?
16-07-2019, 02:18 AM
Thank you all for your time and advice.

You’re right, it is time to step away from this. I have just moved to another phone line, I have no idea if this is a step up, or just a step sideways but I will find out.

After reading your responses and taking time to think about it, I think the answer really is to start my own phone line or work for myself somehow. The only thing I am in the dark about is how to do that technically and how to advertise.

In the past I used to advertise in the city’s local paper, doing one to one and party readings. My business was going really well. However I moved country to a small place and there wouldn’t be a large enough client base nearby.
16-07-2019, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2019 02:30 AM by Summer.)
would you mind answering my question? please forgive me, but you do give a great example of suggestion. perhaps some people on here can suggest how you get started and you can get some clientele off of here seeing as your business was going really well...…….hmmm can you predict futures with 100 per cent accuracy? could call you and ask you a question and you could tell me guaranteed what would happen, and it would happen? if not, yr not a psychic are you.....lol....ffs. you re not psychic, psychic means clear seeing, you dont see clear. you are deluded, and think you can, or your a charlatan, and you should not be doing what yr doing its false advertising, because you cannot, at all, predict the future with certainty, therefore you are being fraudulent, and should be really ashamed of yourself

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  nude psychic readings and tax advice dormammu 1 585 27-06-2018 10:36 PM
Last Post: Rodrigo
  My Advice for those over relying upon psychic predictions yourexiscomingbackhonest 55 9,710 23-10-2015 01:08 PM
Last Post: Pink Pearl
  Any advice Ad1707 17 2,682 23-12-2014 12:09 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden2