Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
You’re about to find out all you wanted to know about Walter Mercado
05-08-2019, 06:52 AM
You’re about to find out all you wanted to know about Walter Mercado
Walter Mercado is one of those figures so popular and at the same time so familiar because of longtime presence in the media that he’s already part of the Hispanic iconography in the United States and his native Puerto Rico. So much so that many of his followers, who refer to him by his first name alone, don’t take a step in the morning without first reading his predictions.

The long career of the Puerto Rican astrologer will be recognized in an exhibit at the HistoryMiami Museum during August that will feature his photos, personal objects and 12 of the colorful capes that have added his peculiar touch to his shows and presentations.

The title of the show, “Mucho, Mucho Amor, 50 years of Walter Mercado,” comes from one of the astrologer’s famous phrases, which he sprinkles over his daily predictions published in media such as el Nuevo Herald, almost always accompanied by some optimistic commentary or word of encouragement for his followers. “I respect the biblical God, but my God is love. The more love I give, the more love I receive,” Mercado said in an interview last week at his home in Rio Piedras in Puerto Rico.

The exhibit, the first public presentation dedicated to the 87-year-old astrologer by an institution such as the Miami museum, which is affiliated with the Smithsonian, will run Aug. 2-25.

https://www.miamiherald.com/entertainmen...84611.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2019, 06:54 AM
RE: You’re about to find out all you wanted to know about Walter Mercado
Epic entrance of Walter Mercado at the opening of his Miami exhibit

https://www.miamiherald.com/miami-com/ar...47637.html
05-08-2019, 07:06 AM
RE: You’re about to find out all you wanted to know about Walter Mercado
Legendary Astrologer Walter Mercado Wants You To Come Get A 'Touch Of Love' At HistoryMiami Exhibit

Walter Mercado is known for his fancy, mystical and over-the-top capes and his daily horoscope readings, which he gave for many years on national television. The 87-year-old Puerto Rican astrologer and psychic, who’s often referred to simply as "Walter," has shaped the lives of many Latino households for decades. “I always give the touch of love and they call me the Walter of Miracles,” he said on Sundial.

A new exhibition at HistoryMiami celebrates his life and career: “Mucho, Mucho Amor: 50 Years of Walter Mercado,” will be on display Aug. 2 to Aug. 25, and features his iconic capes, sculptures and photos. Mercado says this exhibition is “for the people to know that Walter is not only the cape or the hair,” but to learn about who he is as a person.

https://www.wlrn.org/post/legendary-astr...mi-exhibit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Astrologer Walter Mercado brought us ‘mucho, mucho amor’ dormammu 3 238 05-12-2019 07:20 PM
Last Post: JhonJimenez
  Our star is now in the sky.’ Iconic astrologer Walter Mercado is dead at 87 dormammu 0 77 05-11-2019 06:57 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  Walter Mercado, flamboyant Puerto Rican astrologer, dies at 88 from kidney failure dormammu 0 84 04-11-2019 07:08 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  Can't find Psychic who can actually see (for years)... Please, help contact 4 755 04-10-2018 05:51 AM
Last Post: contact
  Everything you wanted to know about the Festival of the Hungry Ghosts happening this mecheeta 0 398 25-08-2018 10:31 AM
Last Post: mecheeta
  Are you a true Wiccan? Test your knowledge and find out now with this bewitching quiz mecheeta 0 550 17-10-2017 12:24 PM
Last Post: mecheeta
  Can I ever find love? Indigo11 4 2,487 20-02-2013 05:48 PM
Last Post: Indigo11
  HOW DO YOU FIND CONTROL PANNEL DreamDetective 2 1,103 29-07-2011 02:56 PM
Last Post: DreamDetective