Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
My story for anyone who feels addicted..
29-05-2012, 11:18 PM
My story for anyone who feels addicted..
I just wanted to share my story for anyone who may feel like they’re ‘addicted’ or not quite in control of how often they get readings etc….. I’m new to posting here but have been reading the forum for a while. I just want to share my experience with anyone who feels like they are calling too often or getting too hung up on the outcome .
I found the channel it was called Psychic Interactive then, in 2005. I had jut got divorced. I moved away to a new city where I didn't know anyone. Couldnt get a job. Was stuck in a horrible rented house, no friends, no job, living on divorce settlement which was coming in dribs and drabs. I was really unhappy. I met a guy who was very hot and cold with me, coming and going as he pleased, and started getting readings what would happen for us two, when would I get some contact, the usual stuff, and quickly got hooked.

Now what annoys me is that deep down, my OWN inituition was telling me he was a loser. But I didn't want to believe it so I rang them. I didn't have any favourites. I was lonely and I would call two or three times a day just to talk to someone and get reassurance. They told me he was just scared of his feelings for me, and didnt know how I really felt about him, but we would definitely be together soon. Soon was always about 3-6 months away. So I was always phoning for an update. Or if I'd text him and he hadn't replied, I'd call to ask them what was going on with him. He was always scared of his feelings.....Confused Or they'd tell me he was just busy with work and that's why he hadn't txt me for three weeks. Funny how he always found time to txt me when he wanted to sleep with me then ignore me for weeks on end.
Now, like I said I KNOW this is my fault but I would watch the show and they sounded like it was so real and so and so was amazing and always got predictions right. I just got sucked in becuase I was so sad and lonely. Meantime I was madly in love with this guy and crying over him nearly every day. And believing that we were 'soulmates' I didn't go out and try to meet anyone else either...
I carried on getting readings for about 3 years. I cut down from how often I was calling in 2006 and 2007, but I was still spending ridiculous amounts of money and dreading my credit card bill each month. I made notes during each reading, and saved them. I read them again and again and believed it all. (One or two of of the psychics did give me the truth about this guy, but I didn’t want to believe them..oh no..I thought they were useless and all the others were telling me he really did love me but was just scared etc, so I would then call someone else straight away who would tell me what I wanted to hear)…

One day I read a story in my local paper about a tarot reader. I liked the sound of her, and I liked the thought that I could go to see someone F2F. I went to see her, told her nothing, about me or my life. She did an hour long reading for £20. She told me straight. She told me he would always come and go, in and out of my life, and this could carry on till we were both 90 if I let it. He would never end it. He would never commit to me. She said that she believed he had a girlfriend during some of the times he’d seen me, that he was using me as a bit on the side. Nothing more. She told me that I had a choice between feeling as unhappy as I did for the next 10/20 years still letting this carry on. Or I could make a decision to stop seeing him and within 6 months of making that decision, my life would be much better, in every way. She did tell me it would likely be several years before I was in a serious relationship with anyone, but she saw lots of fun and happiness along the way, once I had let go of this relationship.
She also told me I’d never fully get over it, there would always be a part of me that still cared about him. That turns out right too. Even though I know now that he’s a total loser (he’s a serial cheater as well as everything else) I do still have a little place in my heart for him. But I’d never let him back him in.

As I drove away from seeing her, I knew she was right. I was crying, it felt like the end of the world, all my dreams felt shattered, this guy was perfect for me. I’d never meet anyone I felt the same way about. But I knew she was right. What she’d said tied in with what my gut had been telling me for years.

It was 6 months after that reading when I finally cut all contact with him. I tried twice to end it. He really did behave badly and was always messing me about. He’d always talked about other women when I was with him and I was stupid enough to put up with it.. The last time I saw him when he talked about another woman he was seeing, I asked him ‘is she your girlfriend?’ he laughed a bit and then said yes….. I was devastated. If I knew he had a girlfriend I’d never have slept with him. He never told me that, just led me to believe that other girls were just casual hook ups. But that’s when I decided I really was done. I was moving house at the time, so he wouldn’t know where I lived anymore. I changed my mobile and home phone numbers, blocked him from my email and never contacted him again. For 3 months, my life was hell but I turned a corner after about 4 months and my life changed for the better.
I wasted years of my life pining for this guy, making excuses for his bad behaviour because the psychics told me he was ‘confused’ or ‘scared’ but was going to be with me one day, and I was convinced it was true..and spent....well I never added it up but it was thousands. I mean tens of thousands. I was calling every day, at least once a day, sometimes twice a day or more for most of 2006/7 I paid for most of it out of the money from when me and ex hubbies house got sold. I should have had a nice deposit for a new house but I blew it on psychics! I’m still paying off a bit of credit card debt from back then.
Anyway, I have turned my life round, and now have good friends, reconciled with family, have a nice job. I’m not in a relationship, but that’s ok. I have faith that I will meet Mr Right one day.

My overall take on psychics is that there are some – very few- who have a genuine talent and can pick up on the future. I think there are a lot more who are good at reading current energies and can give great and genuine validations. But they don’t seem to have the ability to make accurate predictions for the future. And something weird about the local lady I saw. I only ever had a mobile number for her, and I tried to ring her about 6 months after I’d had my reading because I wanted another one. The number wasn’t available. I’ve searched for her online, asked around in her area, but never been able to find her again. I really believe she was like an angel that the Universe sent to me because she had an honest message that I needed to hear.

my advice :

1) Don’t take it too seriously. I believed what they told me and that fed some sort of addiction and I had to keep hearing it over and over again when I needed reassurance.
2) Don’t get too many readings because it can mess your head up. Trust yourself and talk to your friends. Definitely DO NOT make any big decisions based on your readings.
3) DO KEEP TRACK OF WHAT YOU’RE SPENDING. I used to think £30 here and £30 there was ok…then the end of the month would come and I’d see I’d had a reading nearly every day - spending over £600 a month, often a lot more than that. I’d tell myself I’d cut back but I didn’t keep note of how often I was calling, then the next month I’d have the same or bigger bill.
4) If you’re isolated or lonely or having really serious problems in your life BE EXTRA CAREFUL about all of this. I was very vulnerable at the time. This wouldn’t happen to me now because everything in my life is so much better, but when things are really bad in your life this is when you can so easily get your life into more of a mess getting too many readings.

In case anyone’s interested who seemed to pick up on the truth about my situation, well Anne Scholes was never really keen on this guy. I could tell when she was reading for me. I only had about three readings because she wasn’t telling me it quite the same as the others were, I think she maybe did see the truth but didn’t want to just come out with it for some reason. I also had a couple of readings with Debbie Gallagher. Looking back, her readings were pretty accurate, but she was the only one to give me the truth and I just didn’t believe her.

I know they tell us its for 'entertainment purposes only', but really don't we all believe the psychics have the answers we need? They are very persuasive and convincing. I don't believe anyone is phoning up at £30 for 20 minutes just to be entertained. My dog can entertain me better than that for no charge! Big Grin

Right, that’s it for now. Bravo to anyone who’s read the whole thing! Just had to get it off my chest.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2012, 11:30 PM
RE: My story for anyone who feels addicted..
Thats was amazing, honest and inspiring. My heart goes out to you and what you have been through.
Thank you for sharing, it really has helped. I have spent in the region of about £5k in the last 2yrs. And your right, no-one phones for entertainment, but thats there get out clause for things not happening to prediction.

You sound like you have turned a real corner there, and I am glad that he is out of your life now. And glad you found that Angel xxxx
29-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Flavour - this is amazing and has to be one of the "top" threads on here, I am really impressed and this is such a heart felt story thank you so much for sharing.
30-05-2012, 08:35 AM
I think it can so easily catch you when a person is low or at a cross roads I think it is great that you posted this and thank you.
30-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Thank you for sharing. Your story is amazing and touched my heart. Sorry to hear what you have been through but I am a strong believer of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and reasons for everything. No need to feel sorry for getting it off your chest, this forum is all about sharing good and bad experiences in life or with psychic readings. Your story and advice given will have help many who are in similar situation.
30-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks everyone!

I've put it all well behind me now - I haven't seen him for about 3 years and as I said life is much better. Although I'd really like to have a special man in my life Smile

I found the forum a while ago and had been looking at it to get some idea of any really good readers who may be on the show as I'd like to get one for some insight into a situation.
Reading the threads it doesn't seem like anyone on PTV currently is really outstanding, although I know some of you really like John Healey he never seemed to connect with me.

Anyway by reading the posts I've decided to go to someone outside of PTV.
I'm in control now and know I won't make the mistake of going from reader to reader one after the other. One big thing that happened too was that I lost all sense of my sprituality which had been strong and something meaningful in my life. I think it's because I wasn't listening to my own inner wisdom any longer. I'm starting to get that back now, and have got my cards and crystals out again.
30-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I wish you the best developing a good relationship with a reader who is real, and gives you the good the bad and the ugly is good, has an element of life coach without being a guru a god or asking for dependency on them!!!!. Also, more and more for me it is not about predictions which can tie us up in knots but gaining insight into how I can transform my life, learn, and be stronger to hold my own reigns. So that life's natural unpredictable nature can be fully relished..because i have the tools to ride it!!!!!!
30-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Fortune, thank you so much for sharing your story. I can identify with a lot of what you went through as my addiction to psychic readings started after I split from my fiance and was seeing him on and off just for sex but I thought it would mean we would get back together. It never happened and I wasted 7 years of my life on tears and having sex with him in the hope that he would come back.

I still am addicted in a way but not as much as I used to be. I find that as long as I try not to watch the show when I'm feeling down, then I don't have the temptation to send in a voicemail when I don't really need it. There are times when I can go a while without a reading but then something happens and I get the wobbles and get another one just to put my mind at rest.
31-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Readings are okay, but in moderation.. once every few months is more than enough.. once every 6 months even better..... after all, we hold the blank canvas to our life, and only we can fill it... we either choose to paint in colour, or to sit there looking at this blank canvas seeking out advice on how we should fill it?

Stories like these are really inspiring, because they are real life stories from people who have actually come through the dark times and started to make their lives better, without the need to hold on to something that is not ours to hold onto.....

*big smiles* Flavour, its nice to see that you managed to turn your life around... and you WILL meet the man of your dreams when the time is right....

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
01-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I can so relate flavour, in 2009 my ex left me and i lost my job of 10 years.
I was devastated, and didnt know what to do at all. Someone suggested a reading and i thought it may help, well long story short, i spent over £5000 having readings, every single 1 told me my ex would be back and life would be great.
This did not happen, i eventually realised myself my gut was telling me all along we would never get back together, but the addiction of having a reading and feeling uplifted and having hope after the call was hard to end, but it left me totally skint, almost at bankruptcy, and nothing but a feeling of being useless and unloved and lied too.
It too me a while to realise it was me who kept calling, i dont blame the psychics as such, i have a few psychic friends, and i know timing can be difficult, and they just give you what they get at the time, and things can change and we have free will etc.
Im in a much better place now, still waiting for Mr Right but i know he will come along soon, and i havent had a reading in months, just dont feel that excessive need anymore, unless i have a question about work, or house move etc.
I was gutted to have wasted all my savings, especially as i had also lost my job and was then unemployed for 2 years, but i guess its a lesson learned hey.
Anyway glad you are feeling better, just felt i had to write and say i know exactly what you went thru, as it happened to me, and many others im sure, my story is very similar to yours, and having a place like this with like minded people to listen and share stories with is great.
Much love to you sweetie xxx

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Success; whose story are you living? by Kevo Mediums Now 0 220 06-02-2017 07:13 PM
Last Post: Mediums Now
Sad My Story Mr. Gray 9 2,386 01-10-2013 10:38 AM
Last Post: Dream Catcher
Wink Inspiring Story Angel Eyes 0 543 07-02-2013 02:07 PM
Last Post: Angel Eyes
  My Story itchy!! 16 3,069 03-01-2013 10:42 PM
Last Post: itchy!!
Wink Success Story unfolding Angel Eyes 7 1,658 20-07-2012 10:34 AM
Last Post: EarthAngel
  The story of psychic readings yourexiscomingbackhonest 14 2,614 25-03-2012 05:24 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden