Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In Essence
30-05-2012, 10:48 AM
In Essence
I am sharing some thoughts..that I am in the process of thinking and addressing to myself!

I have been thinking about why the readings for people and if predictions are not the way forward then what is the essence of a reading.

I have learnt also that sometimes my 'need' for readings is not always about reassurance and predictions but also the joy of sometimes being completely listened to or/and understood..which in our busy lives can be hard to obtain..

I have noticed that many on here are compassionate, loving spiritual people..wonderful! But I am sure I am not the only one being told to be more selfish and set boundaries in my relationships...as if we come form a natural place of giving we can over give to someone tip the balance and someone can be complacent or not challenged..and our own needs not met..

Would the other person we are enquiring about spend so much time and money trying to resolve something with us??? and where do we draw the line and say enough money spent on that now for training for a new job, a car, a holiday and new hobby just for us?

My current conclusion is that with a good reader they can pick up patterns of behaviour in us that we can alter if we so wish to ensure we carve out the best lives for ourselves. The inner voice sharpened with instinct whereby with the right reader your instinct and theirs meet so you know you are seeing clearly. or learn where your insecurities are doing the talking!! .so one can make ones own choices. ..and desipher those inner voices that are negative and trip us up!! or those voices that are simply asking to be heard like "I need more support from my partner"

Outside any predictions my readings recently have explained that the predictions are in my hands as it will come down in part to my behaviour and me learning how I need to take better care of me! that makes me feel powerfull. I had a reading yesterday and the massive apple dropped on my head as someone explained why I felt the way I do..now whatever happens that feeling of understanding has given me peace.

So..for me the core and essence of a good reading perhaps should focus more on the self transformation..painting the landscape around you..and giving you the tools to make your own predictions..and then its like an MOT maintanence and checks of the great engine which is the self!!! Predictions are possibilities but fluid and changeable I am just saying this clearly to myself out loud!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2012, 11:02 AM
RE: In Essence
I agree. I wish I'd had readings that at the same time as dealing with my question would also show me ways to bring my focus back to me, to improving my life instead of constantly being obssessed about just one aspect of it. Especially another person who never gave a tilly flop about me! I've learned that if I'm not a priority in a person's life, I'm not going to treat them like a priority in mine. It's hard for me because I'm kind hearted, probably too soft, like many of us probably are. So this was obviously a life lesson I really needed to learn.

I've noticed that some of the readers on PTV do try to do this. For example, I've seen KK answer v/mails and even in only the one minute slot available she's managed to answer the question but she was also quite forthright about advising the person to keep their lives well rounded. I don't know if she still reads in this style, but she used to when she first joined the show.
I also used to like Sally Love for the same reason. She was about developing your whole self.
30-05-2012, 12:22 PM
RE: In Essence
(30-05-2012 11:02 AM)Flavour Wrote:  I agree. I wish I'd had readings that at the same time as dealing with my question would also show me ways to bring my focus back to me, to improving my life instead of constantly being obssessed about just one aspect of it. Especially another person who never gave a tilly flop about me! I've learned that if I'm not a priority in a person's life, I'm not going to treat them like a priority in mine. It's hard for me because I'm kind hearted, probably too soft, like many of us probably are. So this was obviously a life lesson I really needed to learn.

I've noticed that some of the readers on PTV do try to do this. For example, I've seen KK answer v/mails and even in only the one minute slot available she's managed to answer the question but she was also quite forthright about advising the person to keep their lives well rounded. I don't know if she still reads in this style, but she used to when she first joined the show.
I also used to like Sally Love for the same reason. She was about developing your whole self.

Hi Flavour..hi Flamered...another interesting topic which resonates with me, it's so important that when we come out of a relationship to find ourselves again..what I mean by that is to clear the decks so to speak..clear away all that is no longer needed or what longer serves you..When we come out of a relationship it's so important to remember that it didn't work for whatever reason..If you are not getting what you desire..be it spiritual or mental (the physical side is the manifestation of this, but some of us make it the primary connection and think that it's the saviour of any relationship) then your ex..or whoever he/she may be is not deserving of you.
I know that some of us are left feeling devastated when a relationship comes to an end (I have on 3 occasions in my life) but we must all carry on and look forward in the knowledge that there is someone out there who we need to let in in order to take us to the next level of our development..the ultimate hope is that the next person completes us.
At the moment i'm going through the clearing phase again in my life and i'm about to come out of the other side, in total it has taken me almost 2 years to get here at times I have been really down but it's so important that I go through it..and the reason is because whoever comes in next comes in with no judgements or comparisons because of hangovers from an ex.
My journey has felt like a mountain climb at times..but i'm almost at the top now..I look forward to the view when I get there.

To love and live life is why we are all really here..xx