Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Screw Everything — I’m Becoming a Witch
13-10-2019, 07:37 AM
Screw Everything — I’m Becoming a Witch
There’s no better place to be a witch than in San Francisco, except maybe Oakland. There’s no better time to be a witch than now, when the world seems so out of control that people are searching for something — anything — to ground them.
Before I became a witch, I suffered from four years of severe depressive episodes and panic attacks. I started to see a psychiatrist. Soon pills filled my drawers and medicine cabinets, rattling in every purse I owned. Prozac, Xanax, Ambien, Trazodone, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Loestrin, Vicodin — none of them took the tidal waves of morbid thoughts out of my veins.
I was a drug addict, an imposter moving through the world with a fake smile and just enough black eyeliner to mask the bags from self-medication, driven by fear and loathing of myself. My brain stopped working in a healthy way, leading to bouts of bedridden days and pill-popping writing sessions so I could feel like my “dangerous” self again. I became depressed even when holding my guitar because each chord, and every melody, brought me pain.
I considered overdosing on the pharmacy’s worth of pills I had, peacefully nodding off in the bathtub while listening to my favorite band, Green Day. The idea of doing so became so close to reality that I couldn’t get it off my mind. Then I thought about the movie Fight Club. I’d always related to the cool side of the narrator. But really, I was the boring side. Tyler Durden once said, “Losing all hope is freedom.” But what did freedom look like? Was it therapy? A job? A doctor? Was it becoming a witch?
I had to connect with something, or I’d definitely become unhinged, untethered from the ground like a person with a balloon for a head. But instead of floating into the atmosphere and turning to my familiar friend, self-destruction, I went to Ravens Wing Magical Co. in Oakland for an after-work seance of my own spirit.

https://thebolditalic.com/screw-everythi...75b8c2c5a7
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Harmony Nice the witch shows magic of social media dormammu 0 180 17-02-2020 07:35 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  Witch population doubles as millennials cast off Christianity mecheeta 0 256 21-11-2019 06:58 AM
Last Post: mecheeta
  Christians Claim Ocasio-Cortez Is A Witch Leading Attack Against Trump Mediums Now 0 523 24-02-2019 06:44 AM
Last Post: Mediums Now
  WELCOME TO THE WITCH CAPITAL OF NORWAY mecheeta 0 641 19-11-2018 10:40 PM
Last Post: mecheeta
  The Irish woman who was the last witch hanged in Boston drstrange 0 627 19-11-2018 03:58 PM
Last Post: drstrange
  become a witch dormammu 0 758 20-07-2018 08:38 PM
  White Witch warns Angelina Jolie against using spells and 'tattoo binding' to woo bac dormammu 0 571 10-07-2018 08:54 PM
  become a witch dormammu 0 537 03-10-2017 08:43 AM
  The Witch Wears Silk Suits dormammu 1 2,381 13-02-2013 07:22 AM
Last Post: Seemash