Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paganism & Witchcraft in the 2010’s
08-12-2019, 07:44 AM
Paganism & Witchcraft in the 2010’s
A lot of websites right now are reviewing the last ten years and trying to put that period of time into some perspective. John Beckett suggested I do the same here on Patheos Pagan so I thought I would give it a go. The difficulty in a writing assignment such as this reflects just how much the Pagan Community has changed over the last ten years. In 2010 I thought I had a good grasp on what Pagan and Witchcraft are, in 2019 I no longer believe that, and defining either one has become much more challenging.

I started writing at Patheos Pagan in 2011, and launched this blog in 2012. I became channel manager of Patheos Pagan in 2015, and over the last five years have watched the ups and downs of this space as part of my job. My first Llewellyn book was released in 2016, and as of today I have released five (that’s a lot of books in a short period of time). Those books have allowed me to travel around the United States and speak at a lot of different places, and meet a huge number of folks. I’m not sure I’ve had a “front row seat” to this decade in Paganism, but I’ve seen a lot of it, and more than most.

There will be people who read this article and object to just how broad it is. I can see people making arguments that it should instead focus on specific stories and moments over the last 10 years, but I disagree. The amount of Pagans who are wired into that eco-system (read the Wild Hunt everyday, avidly consume dozens of blogs, etc.,) is a small number of us. I think it’s the big picture items that will have the most lasting impact on Paganism and Witchcraft.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/panmankey/...the-2010s/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ‘Witchcraft’ blamed for disappearance of 7 black cats from Yorkshire villages dormammu 0 852 05-10-2017 06:46 AM
Last Post: dormammu