Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Lives On? Investigating Life After Death
11-12-2019, 07:03 AM
What Lives On? Investigating Life After Death
Do we survive the death of our physical bodies? Is there such a thing as a postmortem continuation of the individual? If there is survival, what survives? Does everyone survive? What does it even mean to survive?

Answers to these questions are central to the dogmas of many religions. These same issues are amongst the most refractory when addressed using the techniques of scientific inquiry: data gathering, hypothesis formulation and testing, logical analyses. Indeed, such topics are generally viewed as outside the scope of scientific inquiry, not worth serious thought. As Bertrand Russell commented, “most people would die sooner than think – in fact, they do so.”

Sphinx Geology
In my youth, I didn’t bother to give the afterlife much consideration. I never needed the threat of future hell and damnation to persuade me to be moral now. I identified with those ancient Hebrews who did not necessarily believe in an afterlife (de Vesme, 1931), yet still found it prudent to pursue an honourable life in this world. In college I pursued a very earthly field – the study of rocks – ultimately earning a Ph.D. in geology and geophysics from Yale University (1983).

My life changed in 1990. At the invitation of independent Egyptologist John Anthony West, I took my first trip to Egypt – specifically to study the Great Sphinx from a geologic point of view. After several more trips, undertaking various tests and analyses, I came to the conclusion that the oldest portions of the Great Sphinx date back to a much earlier period than previously believed by most Egyptologists and historians. Conventional wisdom places the Great Sphinx in the reign of the Pharaoh Khafre (Chephren), circa 2500 BCE. My studies indicated that the oldest portions of the Great Sphinx (the statue has been repaired many times, and the head re-carved) date back to at least the period of 7000 BCE to 5000 BCE, and perhaps 9000 BCE or earlier.

My Sphinx work immediately caused a firestorm and, though the controversy has abated somewhat two decades later, the implications have only deepened. Essentially, sophisticated culture and civilisation goes back much earlier than formally thought; “history must be rewritten.” Over the years I have been pleased to see confirmation of the crux of my work, as other very ancient sites have been uncovered. A good example is Gobekli Tepe in Turkey where a major monumental carved stone building phase dating to the period of 8000 BCE and earlier has been discovered.

https://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles...fter-death
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mercury Retrograde Summer 2020 Will Affect These 5 Zodiac Signs' Love Lives Most mecheeta 0 315 03-07-2020 06:32 AM
Last Post: mecheeta
  Some People Find Jesus on Death Row. Damien Echols Found Magick mecheeta 0 229 04-05-2020 05:46 AM
  Life is to short...... Rosie2015 11 2,893 12-12-2019 07:51 AM
Last Post: Sithara
  The Secret Lives of Astrologers mecheeta 0 360 06-10-2019 06:45 AM
  A revolution in death is being built in Liverpool. dormammu 0 488 07-05-2019 06:59 PM
Last Post: dormammu
  Woman who speaks 18 languages claims she knows them from her past lives drstrange 1 731 09-07-2018 11:32 AM
Last Post: drstrange
  my Psychic Life Channel 4 psychicdoglover 8 3,944 07-12-2015 11:27 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  Whats your passion in life? danitalia 14 4,170 03-11-2015 04:28 PM
Last Post: Alice Cooper
Heart Near Death Experiences Cruelladeville 11 2,950 08-06-2015 04:24 PM
Last Post: Alesha
  Past Life Readings Noble Hunertus 3 1,395 13-06-2014 10:21 PM
Last Post: Alesha